Bang and Olufsen upgrade

james33440

Reaction score
I have a 2015 A3 with the non Bang and Olufsen stereo. I enjoy the sound. I feel the Bang and Olufsen stereo would be even better without going with an aftermarket subwoofer and amplifier.

Assuming I can find a Bang and Olufsen system with wiring online, would it be simply plug and play or most connections not in the car stock

Or, should I simply ignore the headache and for aftermarket?

I believe (after asking @DJAlix) on here upgrading to B&O is a pain and a 4 figure cost with labour and all that. Probably cheaper to use an aftermarket system

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Check out my definitive bang and Olufson thread on here using the search facility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could ask @DJAlix for an upgrade to your current setup. I believe he can add a front centre speaker, better door speakers and a subwoofer inside the spare wheel.

For the money you will spend, you will get MILES better with an aftermarket system!

If you don't have the Audi Sound System (next level up from the basic configuration which has an additional centre dash speaker and sub in the boot), @DJAlix can offer you this upgrade. I did it and it's well worth it; it's around £250 and there's an option to replace the door speakers too for a bit more (which I didn't do). I found for me the volume is plenty loud enough (without causing myself hearing loss) and sounds pretty good to me. B&O retrofit is serious money, my friend has it in her FL car and I can't tell a huge amount of difference playing from iPod etc, I suppose you need lossless codecs really to tell the difference.

Reactions: GGP and Moon