Bang and Olufsen sound settings

Diagetic

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just received my update to have the subwoofer control setting added into the MMI.

I was just wondering what kind of sound settings you guys prefer, I've been playing around with it a little bit, but can't seem to figure out something that I like. I mainly listen to hip hop and EDM.

Bass 2 o' clock, treble 4 o' clock and subwoofer max is what I've been using lately

Reactions: Invicta and Azz
Bass full , treble 1’oclock and fader slightly towards rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's your problem right there. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist that....and I don't even know what "EDM" is. :innocent:
Me neither.

It's all about the bass; no treble...

We're living with the whoompa whoompa generation, old fruit.

Some kid in a Corsa stopped outside our neighbour's house across the road the other day. Her stereo was on so loud - and with so much bass - that the woodlice were falling out of our sofa.

I wandered over with the intention of knocking politely on her window - which was firmly rolled right up - and asking if she could turn it down a bit.

She didn't hear me knocking. She couldn't have heard a thunderflash if it had gone off in the back seat. And she was so busy on her mobile that she didn't see me either until I walked round to the front and stood there waving my arms. When she did happen to glance up, she nearly jumped out of her skin.

Arf, arf...

Reactions: Invicta and Ron240
can the subwoofer control setting be added on all mmi i have a 2011 q5 b&o hd hi mmi but no sub control

There's your problem right there. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist that....and I don't even know what "EDM" is. :innocent:

Hahah it's electric dance music, there's a lot of different sub categories. If you're curious I would recommend checking out Armin van Buuren; he's one of the bigger DJ's.

From the top/12 position,

Sub = 4
Bass = 2
treble = 5

def let the sub do the work with the bass. I listen to house music and this set sounds ****** awesome. Its all subjective though. I initially had my bass up really high but found the bass front the B&O system too loud. Upping the sub levels and reducing the bass worked wonders.

Reactions: TYb
From the top/12 position,

Sub = 4
Bass = 2
treble = 5

def let the sub do the work with the bass. I listen to house music and this set sounds ****** awesome. Its all subjective though. I initially had my bass up really high but found the bass front the B&O system too loud. Upping the sub levels and reducing the bass worked wonders.

I'm gonna give this a shot, do you experience any rattling from the bass?

Not really, the occasional track but nothing really. The max I crank it up to is around 25/26 mark. Maybe a bit more with the panroof open. This setting strikes a good balance with all other genres too. From Dina Carol to Def Leopard ;)

Just to clarify, the number indicates the number of dots to move round to from the top position.

Def Leopard ;)
Now you're talkin.....and I'll even forgive the spelling mistake. :innocent: Was probably predictive text getting it wrong anyway.
They were my first ever concert back in September 1987 on the Hysteria Tour. :)

Reactions: scoss