Bang and Olufsen Recall

Very thin stickers on a v very thin strip of ali

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Pretty poor for a premium upgrade
Doesn’t give me any confidence in getting mine changed hopefully when @Riko0073 goes in to Audi, can refuse.

Reactions: Riko0073
Pretty poor for a premium upgrade
Doesn’t give me any confidence in getting mine changed hopefully when @Riko0073 goes in to Audi, can refuse.
Booked in for 30th July, will be insisting they don’t touch the B&O trim.

Reactions: rasA4
I am booked this Friday for a service and this recall. I was at my dealer yesterday for a crappy loyalty event, while I was there I asked if I had to have this recall done. The response from the Service Manager was an unequivocal yes. I have asked for documentary evidence that clearly states safety recalls are mandatory. If they cannot provide it I am going to insist they leave it.

Mine is back back in to have the grills replaced after overzealous use of a heat gun melted the slats. TBF Crewe Audi are doing their best to rectify the bodged recall and hopeful for a positive outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost
I have been away for a few days so I’m just catching up. It was comedy of errors, they failed to produce documentary evidence and they didn't have the new labels. I rebooked for August 6th.

I have been away for a few days so I’m just catching up. It was comedy of errors, they failed to produce documentary evidence and they didn't have the new labels. I rebooked for August 6th.
Thanks for the update lets hope you dont have to do it.

wondering if theres a way to 'mod' the strip to cover up the sharp edge?

Got my car back yesterday and the fix looks fine.
Crewe Audi have handled the initial bodged repair excellently and let me have the courtesy car for an extra 3 days use to a business trip.
I would recommend them as their approach to customer service in this instance has been flawless.
1495f7625a5cad3cd01cab0be493daa5.jpg

847bd109c056062dbd0e55de1186e178.jpg

Had mine done at Like District Audi yesterday. I told them about the issues people had experienced and they took great care when doing the fix. No complaints from me.

Got my car back yesterday and the fix looks fine.
Crewe Audi have handled the initial bodged repair excellently and let me have the courtesy car for an extra 3 days use to a business trip.
I would recommend them as their approach to customer service in this instance has been flawless.
1495f7625a5cad3cd01cab0be493daa5.jpg

847bd109c056062dbd0e55de1186e178.jpg

Thanks for the pictures they look very similar to the original metal strips.

Mine still keep falling off ....Audi aware
27a365d221c778879b6200ee1659b935.jpg

7CAEC54A 8357 4B05 94D5 6690DCDCE7C9 428280A5 79C0 4993 A6AB 647CF5FF2A4E

I had my recall completed after expressing my concerns regarding comments and pictures on here. Got the car bac and have screw driver marks on 2of the trims. Fuming to say the least. Even hand written on the work sheet to take care.

No issues at Norwich Audi today when dropping my car off for its 1st service and inspection.

Asked if there was a recall on my car for the B&O door strips, service lady was aware of it but said would check on the system for my car. I said regardless I didn’t want it done and she was absolutely fine.

No issues picking the car up apart from paying the extortionate Audi pricing, however made the decision to keep full main dealer history as likely to sell car privately near end of my agreement so should help with re-sale.

No issues at Norwich Audi today when dropping my car off for its 1st service and inspection.

Asked if there was a recall on my car for the B&O door strips, service lady was aware of it but said would check on the system for my car. I said regardless I didn’t want it done and she was absolutely fine.

No issues picking the car up apart from paying the extortionate Audi pricing, however made the decision to keep full main dealer history as likely to sell car privately near end of my agreement so should help with re-sale.
It's where mine was done . And it's going back in August hope you haggled price of service ..I did . Its also having exhaust tips renewed

It's where mine was done . And it's going back in August hope you haggled price of service ..I did . Its also having exhaust tips renewed

I’ve never had any issue with them, always had good service tbh.

Yes I did get some discount but couldn’t price match the local independent!

Yes got my exhaust tips replaced, they were very good but no chance of doing again as very expensive! I’ve been religious with wiping them clean but even with that still some pitting happening again.

I’ve never had any issue with them, always had good service tbh.

Yes I did get some discount but couldn’t price match the local independent!

Yes got my exhaust tips replaced, they were very good but no chance of doing again as very expensive! I’ve been religious with wiping them clean but even with that still some pitting happening again.
Yep usually v good . Just off day I hope

That's good to hear! there is hope for us who don't want it changed.

That's good to hear! there is hope for us who don't want it changed.
I see no reason why you can’t request not to have it done, it’s your car and the fact it’s being replaced with a less impressive sticker just isn’t acceptable in my mind.

Good luck buddy.

In case it reassures anyone worried about getting this done, I've just had mine sorted at the dealership and it looks fine. It seems to be a good quality plasticised sticker instead of razor sharp metal. Perfectly installed, straight with no glue gun or other damage.

If it had come from the factory like this you wouldn't question it, so I'm glad I've had mine fixed before it ruined a suit trouser or two!

PS On a slightly related matter, both of the front door speakers were rattling even with the stereo switched off, yet they seemingly managed to fix it with a software update, I don't know how that's possible but on an initial test drive it's worked.