Bang and Olufsen Recall

AdrianWh

Reaction score
Please check your speaker grills after the Bang and Olufsen recall is applied. This is how the dealer handed mine back.
5bfc028bc5fe303cd893f0f57dcd99d5.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately this isn't the first case I have seen. Looks like they've damaged the grill by attempting to remove the old one as well. Wouldn't expect that kind of cowboy work from a dealership...

Thanks for the input about the damage, I hadn’t looked at the grills closely. This led me to take a look at the passenger side.
830f0414b4a5f8da73fcbb49a388e0b8.jpg

Probably needs new door trims now. I think that warrants a extremely strongly worded complaint to the service manager with a copy to audi cs..

Looks like they applied the glue with a spade. That's got to be worth a name and shame, I wouldn't want to have my car worked on with such a lack of skill and care.

Looks like they applied the glue with a spade. That's got to be worth a name and shame, I wouldn't want to have my car worked on with such a lack of skill and care.

I suspect that the glue is melted plastic from a heat gun.

Probably needs new door trims now. I think that warrants a extremely strongly worded complaint to the service manager with a copy to audi cs..

I’ve already sent the pics to the dealer who’s “having a chat” with the service manager. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement, very disappointed in Audi, especially coming from Lexus.

It’s Crewe Audi, I’m willing to give them a chance as mistakes can be made, the sign of a good organisation is what they do about it.

What is the actual recall? Is it the B&O strip logo coming off? Is it really worth the effort for them given the possible side effects of doing a bad job like this? Just put some prit stuck under neath it. That’s what I’ve done

It’s Crewe Audi, I’m willing to give them a chance as mistakes can be made, the sign of a good organisation is what they do about it.

That's a shame, they are sponsors on here and seem to be quite helpful. Unfortunately, what has happened here seems more than a mistake, the person that did that must have known what they had done yet still handed it back in that state without saying anything to anyone or attempting to put things right. There was another car on here where the garage put a hole in the bumper but they put their hand up and got it sorted out - that's how you show you are a good organisation.

I take it all cars manufactured after the recall, or yet to be built won't be affected by this?

It may, when they do eventually sort it out, appear under additional work in myaudi/service...

Mine seem ok after recall but just had to apply a small dab of glue as i think glue theyve used doesnt like this hot weather

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That's a shame, they are sponsors on here and seem to be quite helpful. Unfortunately, what has happened here seems more than a mistake, the person that did that must have known what they had done yet still handed it back in that state without saying anything to anyone or attempting to put things right. There was another car on here where the garage put a hole in the bumper but they put their hand up and got it sorted out - that's how you show you are a good organisation.

You’re right it is a shame, however the dealer is looking into it and is making the right noises so I’m hopeful of a good result. Like I said,I accept that mistakes can be made, it’s what they do to rectify is what counts.
Calling them out is not meant as a vindictive act on my part but I’d request a “master technician” if you need this doing as it looks like a fiddly job with potential for trim damage.

It's a good thing that this thread appeared because it made me have a look at mine. Car was in for a service a month ago and they carried out this tsb fix. I didn't even think it would be necessary to look over what they had done, assuming it's just a small and simple task. Small and simple is still too difficult for some apparently.

While it's not near as bad as OP, the door trim around one of the speakers has very slight damage if you look closely, and some adhesive on the speaker grill was not cleaned up properly. But the worst problem is; two of the silver metal trim pieces that were the main issue leading to the tsb in the first place has popped out; which could end up injuring my wife.

The thing that annoys me most about this whole thing though is; I've cleaned the interior of my car several times and my car never had this tsb issue to begin with. I figured the fix is free so why not. Now I know next time if these tsb's are offered - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I’m booked in for a service on Friday and am due to have this ‘fix’ done! From what I’ve seen it’s a no thanks from me!

Crewe Audi are going to replace both speaker grills and the passenger side door card. Apparently the service manager is furious that a car has been left like this.
I would take pictures before anyone takes it in and then straight after as it seems the damage is caused by the heat gun. I would also recommending that a master technician carries out the work.
Unfortunately the passenger trim on mine was coming loose and presented a very sharp edge so needed replacing.

Reactions: WesT-gefül, cuke2u and Keef
Please check your speaker grills after the Bang and Olufsen recall is applied. This is how the dealer handed mine back.
5bfc028bc5fe303cd893f0f57dcd99d5.heic

what is the material made out of? IIRC the original ones are from aluminium? also still looks like they stick out?

Service day for me, still can’t decide on this if I should let them do this!? Had a good look over my trims last night and took lots of photos, mine seem fine and not sharp at all. I can see a possible risk of the front trims becoming an issue but not the tears as they are slightly rounded - do they replace all?

From the states:
October 25, 2017 NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V675000
Aluminum Trim for Speakers can Come Loose
The sharp edges of the speaker trim increase the risk of injury to vehicle occupants.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V675000

Manufacturer Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.

Components STRUCTURE

Potential Number of Units Affected 31,323

Summary

Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Audi A4 Sedan and A4 allroad, and 2018 A5 Sportback vehicles. The aluminum trim on the front and rear doors can come loose from around the door speakers, leaving sharp edges exposed.

Reactions: rasA4
Service day for me, still can’t decide on this if I should let them do this!? Had a good look over my trims last night and took lots of photos, mine seem fine and not sharp at all. I can see a possible risk of the front trims becoming an issue but not the tears as they are slightly rounded - do they replace all?
@Keef how did you get on? did you have a choice in having them replaced?

@rasA4 didnt get to ask if I had a choice, I flagged up my concerns prior to the works! Have to be honest they’ve done a neat job, but I would expect no less as realistic it’s just replacing trim with stickers. Looks ok just not as good as the metal trim did.

@rasA4 didnt get to ask if I had a choice, I flagged up my concerns prior to the works! Have to be honest they’ve done a neat job, but I would expect no less as realistic it’s just replacing trim with stickers. Looks ok just not as good as the metal trim did.
Thanks how does it look as from what I can see from OP it’s still sticking out at the end? If you get a chance can you take a picture of the full length?
Cheers

@rasA4 on closer inspection the stickers are a poor solution and the fit is terrible, radiused corners and not profiled to the original shape of the trim at the edges.
Also noticed one is coming away at the edge
3B9D97FA 5E61 45F9 8FD6 5C21690CB7E2 322D5469 5A1D 49C3 BA3F 2932F3ACF850 9244654F 557F 4258 AB44 21FB967FEA20
They originally said it was only the front doors as the rear trims didn’t pose the same risk, but they’ve replaced all 4

On the plus side, no damage!

@rasA4 on closer inspection the stickers are a poor solution and the fit is terrible, radiused corners and not profiled to the original shape of the trim at the edges.
View attachment 160349 View attachment 160350 View attachment 160352
They originally said it was only the front doors as the rear trims didn’t pose the same risk, but they’ve replaced all 4

Mine are coming off too . Made them look cheap and not what i spent the extra money on when buying

Reactions: Keef
View attachment 160349 View attachment 160350 View attachment 160352

Thanks @Keef when you get a chance can you post up a pic of the full width head on? looks like they still stick out? much appreciated!

Mine are hanging off again not happy
e40df7d63788d3f7932eaae3e96c5b13.jpg

whats the difference from the recalled version of the strip?

Very thin stickers on a v very thin strip of ali

Dreading getting the exhaust tips replaced now . Prob wreck the rear diffuser