Bang and Olufsen door cards

Gordon Stewart

Reaction score
Hi folks, does anyone know if you can fit the B&O door cards to a car car that does not have B&O. Is the plug on the wiring loom if the car just to plug into the speaker grills so they can light up ?

Why would you want to have B&O speaker grills when the speakers aren't B&O?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lehn
Simple answer is the wiring harness for the speaker grills is not there on cars that don't have B&O fitted.

Does anyone know if you can buy the harness/ plug for each door seperately from audi , the grills look better and are lit up on the B&O grills/ door cards and look better

Rob did a great guide on fitting and wiring the light projectors onto the rear doors, the front is the same. Have a search on the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
The connector you need is 4B0 971 832 get it from the parts request here or eBay or if you want a few cheaply and can wait aliexpress. Make sure it comes with the pins too.
Images
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vol...518.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.447c4c4du0yGOH

The easy thing to do is then just y them off of the door handle illumination, they won't be controlled by the global ambient lighting in the MMI but by the dimmer next to the headlight switch. If you want factory it involves coding and wiring back to the door module connector and possibly a new module.
IMG 4787
Pin 1- brown on door handle illumination (Gnd)
Pin 2- Purple on door handel illumination (+12v)
Screenshot 2018 11 09 at 183220
If the LED module is missing you need 8v0 947 356
IMG 4485 IMG 4484
and if you want to do the rears as well you will need to add the light fibre to the speaker as well. I used this stuff for the rears and just cut off the extra strip

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5mX...166.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.447c4c4du0yGOH
HTB1EE mQVXXXXa6aXXXq6xXFXXX7

The connector you need is 4B0 971 832 get it from the parts request here or eBay or if you want a few cheaply and can wait aliexpress. Make sure it comes with the pins too.
View attachment 169561
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vol...518.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.447c4c4du0yGOH

The easy thing to do is then just y them off of the door handle illumination, they won't be controlled by the global ambient lighting in the MMI but by the dimmer next to the headlight switch. If you want factory it involves coding and wiring back to the door module connector and possibly a new module.
View attachment 169566
View attachment 169563
View attachment 169564 View attachment 169565
and if you want to do the rears as well you will need to add the light fibre to the speaker as well. I used this stuff for the rears and just cut off the extra strip

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5mX...166.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.447c4c4du0yGOH
View attachment 169562
View attachment 169561

View attachment 169566
View attachment 169563
View attachment 169564 View attachment 169565

View attachment 169562

I have the door cards and all the plugs are still connected to them , the connector that comes of the illumination on the speaker grill has 2 wires, it then goes up to meet the window switch wires but one single green wire from the 2 wires comes away from there with a plug on it , do I just need to wire that plug with the one cable to something ??, thanks a lot, meant to say the door cards don’t have illumination on the door handles

More to the point where did you get the B&O speaker grills as am looking to do the same but Audi told me I’d have to buy full replacement door cards

More to the point where did you get the B&O speaker grills as am looking to do the same but Audi told me I’d have to buy full replacement door cards

Grills and light fibre are built into the door card and can’t be ordered separately....

I found someone selling a set of full door cards so bought them. I am still looking for my right car to buy so the one I find may already have them fitted so if that is the case then I will be selling them again so I will give you a shout if you want

Reactions: S33AWM
jrumball, do you know what I need to wire into the one wire that has the plug on it that comes from the speaker lighting ??

cut the cable 5cm away from where it branches off the loom (this will give you the opportunity to rejoin them easily if you need too )
extend it so it is long enough to reach the door handle illumination
Join the blue/green wire to the purple
join the brown to the brown

With the rear door cards you will need to add the LED, light pipe and create the cable to join it to the door handle illumination

.IMG 4787

( Ignore the brown/yellow as this is how I added the LED trim illumination )

I found someone selling a set of full door cards so bought them. I am still looking for my right car to buy so the one I find may already have them fitted so if that is the case then I will be selling them again so I will give you a shout if you want

Yes mate definitely keep me in mind

cut the cable 5cm away from where it branches off the loom (this will give you the opportunity to rejoin them easily if you need too )
extend it so it is long enough to reach the door handle illumination
Join the blue/green wire to the purple
join the brown to the brown

With the rear door cards you will need to add the LED, light pipe and create the cable to join it to the door handle illumination

.View attachment 169599

( Ignore the brown/yellow as this is how I added the LED trim illumination )

There is no ilumanation on the handles , any more ideas , on how to wire mate

Take a pic of the door card and post it here .

I thought that to have B&O there would be the LED interior pack...

No, it does not have the LED lights on the door card , will get s picture in a bit , thanks a lot