1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bang and Olufsen door cards

Gordon Stewart Nov 8, 2018 at 10:43 PM

1. Gordon Stewart

Gordon Stewart Active Member

Hi folks, does anyone know if you can fit the B&O door cards to a car car that does not have B&O. Is the plug on the wiring loom if the car just to plug into the speaker grills so they can light up ?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Adam14

Adam14 Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 DSG

Why would you want to have B&O speaker grills when the speakers aren't B&O?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lehn likes this.
  4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group S tronic

Simple answer is the wiring harness for the speaker grills is not there on cars that don't have B&O fitted.

5. Gordon Stewart

Does anyone know if you can buy the harness/ plug for each door seperately from audi , the grills look better and are lit up on the B&O grills/ door cards and look better

6. airbus319

airbus319 Well-Known Member Team Daytona VCDS Map User Audi A3 S-line owners group

Rob did a great guide on fitting and wiring the light projectors onto the rear doors, the front is the same. Have a search on the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob2k68 likes this.
  7. jrumball

jrumball Active Member Audi A3 etron Sportback Cosmos Blue

The connector you need is 4B0 971 832 get it from the parts request here or eBay or if you want a few cheaply and can wait aliexpress. Make sure it comes with the pins too.
    images.jpeg
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vol...518.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.447c4c4du0yGOH

The easy thing to do is then just y them off of the door handle illumination, they won't be controlled by the global ambient lighting in the MMI but by the dimmer next to the headlight switch. If you want factory it involves coding and wiring back to the door module connector and possibly a new module.
    IMG_4787.jpg
    Pin 1- brown on door handle illumination (Gnd)
    Pin 2- Purple on door handel illumination (+12v)
    Screenshot 2018-11-09 at 18.32.20.png
    If the LED module is missing you need 8v0 947 356
    IMG_4485.jpg IMG_4484.jpg
    and if you want to do the rears as well you will need to add the light fibre to the speaker as well. I used this stuff for the rears and just cut off the extra strip

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5mX...166.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.447c4c4du0yGOH
    HTB1EE_mQVXXXXa6aXXXq6xXFXXX7.jpg

8. Gordon Stewart

I have the door cards and all the plugs are still connected to them , the connector that comes of the illumination on the speaker grill has 2 wires, it then goes up to meet the window switch wires but one single green wire from the 2 wires comes away from there with a plug on it , do I just need to wire that plug with the one cable to something ??, thanks a lot, meant to say the door cards don’t have illumination on the door handles

9. S33AWM

S33AWM Member

More to the point where did you get the B&O speaker grills as am looking to do the same but Audi told me I’d have to buy full replacement door cards

10. jrumball

Grills and light fibre are built into the door card and can’t be ordered separately....

11. Gordon Stewart

I found someone selling a set of full door cards so bought them. I am still looking for my right car to buy so the one I find may already have them fitted so if that is the case then I will be selling them again so I will give you a shout if you want

S33AWM likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Gordon Stewart

jrumball, do you know what I need to wire into the one wire that has the plug on it that comes from the speaker lighting ??

14. jrumball

cut the cable 5cm away from where it branches off the loom (this will give you the opportunity to rejoin them easily if you need too )
    extend it so it is long enough to reach the door handle illumination
    Join the blue/green wire to the purple
    join the brown to the brown

With the rear door cards you will need to add the LED, light pipe and create the cable to join it to the door handle illumination

. IMG_4787.jpg

( Ignore the brown/yellow as this is how I added the LED trim illumination )

15. S33AWM

S33AWM Member

Yes mate definitely keep me in mind

16. Gordon Stewart

There is no ilumanation on the handles , any more ideas , on how to wire mate

17. jrumball

Take a pic of the door card and post it here .

I thought that to have B&O there would be the LED interior pack...

18. Gordon Stewart

No, it does not have the LED lights on the door card , will get s picture in a bit , thanks a lot