BAM to APY map file

S3 Sly

Reaction score
Just bought the wife an S3 with BAM engine code which has a stage 1 map, the guy gave me a copy of the map file which he has run on the car for 3 years so I know it's safe. I have standard APY S3 and wondered can I flash this to my ecu using or not?

Nope... totally different ECU... BAM is 1mb file and has VVT, wideband lambda and APY is 512kb, no VVT and narrow band...

<tuffty/>

With what Dave? you can't use a BAM file on an APY ECU mate... if you mean to convert an APY to a ME7.5 ECU (AMK/BAM) then thats a little excessive for a Stage 1 remap...

<tuffty/>

Just had a similar problem when getting my custom map done as the hardware he uses needs a 1MB chip got round it by replacing the APY 0.5 MB chip with a 1MB which seems to have sorted the problem. Not had the bill yet though, so not sure if is cost effective in this case also whether it will work with standard stage1 map.

You mean like a stage 1 map like Bill @ Badger 5 (a site sponsor) does? ;P

<tuffty/>

APY ecu's are perfectly mappable... I don't understand why you would want to solder a chip in when they are straight forward enough to map... was working on one last weekend in fact...

Going from a non wideband ECU to a wideband ECU has its advantages but Welly is still happily making well over 400hp on a 512kb ECU...

<tuffty/>

I don't doubt that however was needed to make the hardware he was using compatible. He didn't make it sound like a big job more I will just solder a new chip in and we are good to go. But still probably not much help to S3 Sly .

I don't doubt that however was needed to make the hardware he was using compatible. He didn't make it sound like a big job more I will just solder a new chip in and we are good to go. But still probably not much help to S3 Sly .

Hardware? mapping you mean?

<tuffty/>

Not sure what the kit is plugs into a slave ECU logs all the parameters while the cars been driven for an hour or so though the rev range allows adjustment via the laptop while this is been done. Then creates the map that was loaded to my ECU. Am sure I made all that sound to simple but really not my area of expertise!!

That sounds right. All seemed way above my head glad he knew what he was doing. I was also very impressed that he didn't look up from the laptop while been driven at full throttle.

i have a apy ecu with stage 2 unlocked (plug and play) pm me

Cheers mate PM sent :)

I did some logs in mine tonight as I remember the guy I bought it off saying it may have been mapped but I never believed him as it feels quite slow after coming from the RA.

Could someone take a look and see what they think.

logs.jpg