Balancing or Alignment, or Both?

Maq

Quattro_AvQ
Reaction score
Been a few weeks ivehad my car lowered and had my new 18's fitted. Was driving back from Goodwood and doing some speed on the empty roads, at about 70+ was getting a bit of vibration through the steering, didnt feel comfortable going over 80 as the car didnt feel too stable. Im sure i need wheel balancing, but dont know about Alignment. Thinking of getting balancing done, then checking if the problem persists before i have alignment done. Any Suggestions?.. Thanks

The garage will normally check alignment for free and only charge if it needs adjusting, so you may aswell get it done

I think every garage woud say you need to have it done!...

Probably, what's your point??? Most garages, you can see the results. The other option is to fork out thousands on the equipment and do it yourself if you don't trust anyone else.

i have this problem with my car at 70+ mph, alignment is spot on, had 2 new tyres on this year so fronts are balanced spot on, the rears have,nt had new tyres or been balanced since ive owned the car, could it be the rear tyre balancing causing the vibration because someone told me it could,nt be the rear tyres???? i hope they,re wrong otherwise whats causing it:uhm:

I have also had this problem before and it does seem to be down to balancing the wheels - even the backs as it was the backs that were out on mine and this was with new tyres so the garage can't have balanced them particularly well when they put the tyres on.

The car seems to be quite particular about wheel balance and even if it's only slightly out I get very slight vibration but if it's spot on the vibration goes.

The first step would be to get the following checked out:-
Tyre pressure
Wheel balancing
Wheel alignment (including camber & castor)

The problem has gone, jus needed tracking on the front 2 wheels...now it flys to 100 with ease and no hesitation!