Badger5 tip

V8Sam

Reaction score
ok so next problem I seem to have

Is the tip popping off the turbo end every other week. I've made sure it's properly on and tightened up the hose clamp as much as I can. I've also made sure there is no oil or anything inside the pipe that could help it slip off.

This common? or is there anything that often makes this happen?

Is the tip popping off the turbo end every other week. I've made sure it's properly on and tightened up the hose clamp as much as I can. I've also made sure there is no oil or anything inside the pipe that could help it slip off.

Use some hairspray on the pipe.

shot in the dark - as SuperKarl has recommended the new mushroom BMX grips trick circa 1982

is your engine wobbly?
is your air filter / maf far away from the standard place?
did you trim too much off the tip turbo end?
did you use the B5 jubilee clips provided?

use an 8mm spanner instead of screwdriver to tighten it up.

not tightened properly, oil/grease on pipe, stressed fitment kinked in some way usual assembly issues.

I bet it's the clip.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Think I've found the issue. After market heat shield sits pretty high up forcing the pipe upwards a bit.

Gonna try move it about later.

if its a non genuine TIP then the billet adapter is much smaller and harder to get a good purchase on. I bought what i thought was a badger TIP but once i compared to the real deal its completely different, badger one is easier to fit, has much better purchase on the billet end and it higher quality.