Badger5 tip knack?

Buzzer

Reaction score
Tip keeps coming off the turbo and can seem to get it to tighten enough with the s/steel clip.
Not a lot of the sleeve of the turbo to clamp onto. Anybody have a knack for this?

v1 I presume.. v2.x have massive land to align properly (as does v1 have adequate)

make sure the tip is dry, oil free etc, and also the billet od.
push the hose up to the edge.. and then set the clip close to that edge so you know its on the land.. and do it up tight

thats all I do and they have never come loose after.

if there's any oil in there it could make it slip off.. brake cleaner sprayed on and wiped is what I use to ensure there is good grip

Have had it running fine for the last 6 months, got remap and it comes loose now. Keeps sliding if the adaptor.
Might have to try super glue and then clip.

Have had it running fine for the last 6 months, got remap and it comes loose now. Keeps sliding if the adaptor.
Might have to try super glue and then clip.
engine mounts wobbly? remap=more torque and a floppy engine in the bay if mounts are tired.. just a thought

Tip was fitted when clutch was being done last time, access was easier for them then. Super glue today, or wait till during the week for a cone filter, slightly less strain on the position.

Sorted! Got the jetex cone filter via bill during the week. (thanks Bill)
Solved the problem, less strain/angle on the tip where it's attached to the turbo.
Took out the air box completely and result.
Finding the cone filter is bringing the TIP to life, a total compliment.
Not mad on the sound on normal to fast spins when letting off the gas,but great when really
letting her on. Better higher up the rev range, in the middle of making my heat shield and will
update with some pics.