Badger5 TIP advice?

benh999

Reaction score
Hi folks quick question,

I noticed on the Badger5 website there are 2 80mm TIPs, the v2.2 and v3?

One I see has the billet adaptor and the other is a one piece unit? Do they both perform the same or is the V3 an improvement ?

Regards

Ben

The V2.2 is apparently a tiny bit better (due to smoother flow) - I have a V3 and they are apparently easier to fit as it is literally a perfect fit and a simple jubilee clip, the billet is a tight fit over the turbo (sticking out bit) then the bigger Jubilee clip

Edit: as badger5 has suggested they are the same :)

What are the costs of these guys? Link?
I may have previously asked in another thread I'm afraid :(
Cheers.

SFS hose from ram air is cheaper.

Yeah, I'd asked for the SFS for Christmas of the girlfriend :tearsofjoy: but just thought I'd get the prices if they were close. I doubt there's noticeable difference between them for what I'm trying to achieve anyway. Cheers guys....

I have a v2.2 for sale

Reactions: benh999
Did it come with the Jubilee Clips too for £112? when I was looking at them - they were slightly cheaper the B5 V3 and V2.2 equivalents - but didn't have the JBS Clips provided and also a few complaints on the Seat Forums that they didn't copy Badger's design very well, so the 2.2 equivalent billet didn't fit the K04 very easily etc.

Did it come with the Jubilee Clips too for £112? when I was looking at them - they were slightly cheaper the B5 V3 and V2.2 equivalents - but didn't have the JBS Clips provided and also a few complaints on the Seat Forums that they didn't copy Badger's design very well, so the 2.2 equivalent billet didn't fit the K04 very easily etc.
No didnt come with the jubilee clips but they where anly a couple quid. As fitting goes it went on fine a we bit of trimming had to be done. I have never saw a badger one so as a comparison on how they look i cant answer that one. Im sure people on here with alot more knowledge of it could answer that.

Yeah I think trimming is normal, i trimmed the b5 v3 tip once I fitted the heat shield, otherwise it becomes a little bit flat.

No didnt come with the jubilee clips but they where anly a couple quid. As fitting goes it went on fine a we bit of trimming had to be done. I have never saw a badger one so as a comparison on how they look i cant answer that one. Im sure people on here with alot more knowledge of it could answer that.
JC Stainless high grip aint a couple of quid..
6 required

I have just bought an S3 non-ESP and it has come with an original alloy TIP but no other parts for the non-ESP bits. Can this other part be bought on its own?

Certainly wont break the bank.

Even cheaper if you use none stainless ones or use the OEM clips for some pipework like PCV/SAI or the smaller ones

I get mikalor clamps for free, spose I should fit some really. :)

Got mine on monday, will have it installed at the weekend hopefully will see a bit of difference

You definitely will, especially if you are using a cone filter, much crisper throttle response I found.

Reactions: Markon
Fitted mine yesterday with no real hassle at all. Love the difference this has made, wasn't expecting such a difference!

Attachments

• IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1247.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1246.JPG
    IMG_1246.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 223
Someone one here makes them can't find the link to his website I'm sure someone will have it

It's cookbot automotive

Does B5 tip fit on a Franken F23? Not sure if they are same inlet size as a oem k04?

Ive got the franken tip on now...LHD aswell.

my TIP is for 51mm OD in v3 form. Not sure what diameter Dougs FT are... slightly larger OD from memory, 55mm?
There is some stretch but fitment on LHD cars ia a PIA
brake pipes out of master cylinder get in the way of the larger tip

Reactions: nightroamer