Badger V2 TIP Fitted

Maz

Reaction score
Evening all, just thought I'd add my thoughts and a few pics of the V2 TIP Heat-shield and BMC Dual Cone Filter I had fitted at Badger 5 today. I've been patiently waiting to get my hands on one of these ever since the V1 was released having read all the positive feedback but wasn't able to for various reasons.

Let me put it this way, I'm so glad I finally have one!

I already had a Forge silicone TIP which was a definite improvement over OEM but I can honestly say the V2 TIP takes it to the next level. First impressions were the car wants to rev more, holds boost for longer and adds a nice subtle induction sucking noise without being an attention seeker.

Acceleration is improved without doubt and I think I had a permanent smile on the long journey home toying with various other marques.

Thanks very much Bill, really nice to meet you and it's true what other members have said. ...Genuine down to earth guy that knows his stuff and will look after your car!

Cheers!

DSC03573.jpg

DSC03574.jpg

ooooooooooh, shiney red filter!

That's different to the standard jetex! Looks nice mate :)

Cheers Prawn, it had to be red.

Blue would have just ruined my engine bay colour scheme.

Does it. Really trying hard to stop spending money on the car that's not really a necessity. Your not helping my cause here lol.

Just do it Rav, :)

...let's be honest S3's don't make the greatest sound even with a remap so any improvement is a bonus in my eyes. I'm actually glad it's not in your face loud but noticeable if that makes sense.

Ignore me... just re-read the OP... DOH!... post skim read fail!!

<tuffty/>

Yes, almost didn't make it home though thanks to Shell being bone dry.

Luckily Bill directed me to a local Esso which seemed to be functioning as normal with all pumps working.

Ahhh I can't wait to get mine!! I'm hoping end of April!

All done and oh my god :) I put on the v2 tip, 007 dv and a green panel filter made a big difference and I mean big very happy with it
just need some petrol but there's a que all the way up the road what's up with people still

All done and oh my god :) I put on the v2 tip, 007 dv and a green panel filter made a big difference and I mean big very happy with it
just need some petrol but there's a que all the way up the road what's up with people still
people are thick, thats what! lol

go enjoy the car mate. i drove for hours when i fitted mine!

people are thick, thats what! lol

go enjoy the car mate. i drove for hours when i fitted mine!

Yeah tell me about it nut cases
been out for half hour mate but needed petrol doh not waiting that long though
will go out over the weekend can't belive how much better it pulls :)

Couple of pics of my quick heat shield spray job and new filter...

DSC03712.jpg

DSC03713.jpg

Comparison between BMC Dual Cone and Apexi Power Intake.

DSC03709.jpg

...After seeing some seriously clean engine bays recently I also plan to give mine a good seeing to with 303 Aerospace and R222 Total Auto Wash once the weather gets better.

Read some really good feedback about the Apexi and thought I'd give it a go. Will update any noticeable differences.

...In some circumstances big isn't always better ;)