Badge adhesive

smokeymike

Reaction score
Hi folks

The dot betwen the 2 and the 0 on the boot of my 2.0T is coming adrift and I don't want to lose it. What adhesive should I use to secure it. I'm an old git (been driving for 30 years) and in the old days there was a product called Dunlop Thixofix but I don't think it is available anymore.

Suggestions please.

Cheers.

Wasnt thixofix banned after all the glue boys used it?? lol.Dont use a glue like that as they contain solvents that damage paint.Silicon mastic is probably he best, or get a new one from audi.They are about a tenner. Double sided tape would work, but i wouldnt have thought be permanant.

I would of just debadged it to tell you the truth but I'm guessing you'd rather leave it on. Can't help you with which glue to use I'm afraid so no help there.

Double sided tape is what the badges are held on with from the factory.

The best stuff you can buy is 3M with the red backing. We use it at work to re apply badges when the insurance company won't pay for replacement badges after painting a panel.

Stick it on roughly and then turn it over and cut neatly around the " dot" with a sharp scalpel or stanley knife blade.

Double sided tape is what the badges are held on with from the factory.

The best stuff you can buy is 3M with the red backing. We use it at work to re apply badges when the insurance company won't pay for replacement badges after painting a panel.

Stick it on roughly and then turn it over and cut neatly around the " dot" with a sharp scalpel or stanley knife blade.

Any idea where to buy the red tape from?