Bad shudder during acceleration under load

Rob15687

Reaction score
20210327 111156
20210327 111151
20210327 111144
20210327 111234

I have a 2001 audi a4 and the right front shudders real bad but only under load. No sounds while the vehicle in in neutral or when I Rev the engine. Sometime I can drive if I feather the gas but it comes back. It started only doing it at the end of second gear and now it's all gears but 1st and it's the worst in 5th. Could it be that arm with the broken grommet? Or could it be the axle? The boots are all intact but you can see the wheel has started rubbing on something and the only thing it looks like it can rub on is a bolt at the top of the wheel for one of the arms . Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can avoid just throwing parts at it.

Hi - if the tyre is rubbing on the suspension then it must be that the wheel is leaning in. Check both the ball joints on the bottom of the hub carrier. Also check that the drive shaft nut is tight. Is there any droning noise - could indicate a failed wheel bearing. I'm assuming the tyres aren't oversize on the rims? If they are then the marks on the tyre could be a red herring in terms of vibration - but definitely needs looking at. In my experience vibrations under load normally indicate gearbox issues - failing diff bearings or main shaft bearing. Suspension related vibrations will be present under acceleration, braking and steering. Hope you get to the bottom of this.
Regards
Andy