Facelift Bad service experience

SuperKid

Reaction score
First service, first Audi, first car and having a bad experience. My A3 is 2 years old and just over 1 year old of me owning it (bought used 9 months old).

I took it in for its service and had two front tires changed as they were 94% worn, standard stuff like oil change, check all levels etc, pollen filter changed and air conditioning cleaned out and recharged (probably didn't need doing but they recommended it and I thought why not lol).

1. One front alloy has a scratch going all way around where the new tire has been put on
2. Air conditioning no longer works
3. They didn't keep the car clean, glue was left on the inside and windscreen - not a big issue as I just wiped it off would be more annoyed if it stained.

Just felt like the car has been handled extremely badly.

I phoned up yesterday took the car in first thing this morning to get air conditioning looked at as that's the first thing they want to sort as it's currently 28c here.

They checked it all over and looked fine and said it's working which I checked and it was all the way to work this morning.

Finish work it's now 28c outside, air con broken again not going cold and switching itself off. Seems to work when its 15c outside but not 28c...

Really disappointed I expected way better from Audi... :sadlike:

Not a good experience then. Did you phone dealership back about it not working again. Was it an Audi dealership or an independent?

Not a good experience then. Did you phone dealership back about it not working again. Was it an Audi dealership or an independent?

The Audi dealership where I got the car from.

Same issue here fella. Took my car for a service and 'recommended' aircon regas.

All was working perfectly beforehand but like yourself, thought 'why not'...it's my first Audi and want to keep it well maintained.
Aircon stopped working the following day. Took back to the dealers and got it working again. Then a couple of days later it stopped again.

Dealership then replaced the condenser and they're reasoning behind it was 'the regas is at a higher pressure and caused a weld to fail, resulting in a leak'....or some guff like that.

It's never been as cold as is first was. Lesson to be learnt...if it ain't broke, don't fix/regas it.

Same issue here fella. Took my car for a service and 'recommended' aircon regas.

All was working perfectly beforehand but like yourself, thought 'why not'...it's my first Audi and want to keep it well maintained.
Aircon stopped working the following day. Took back to the dealers and got it working again. Then a couple of days later it stopped again.

Dealership then replaced the condenser and they're reasoning behind it was 'the regas is at a higher pressure and caused a weld to fail, resulting in a leak'....or some guff like that.

It's never been as cold as is first was. Lesson to be learnt...if it ain't broke, don't fix/regas it.

Oh great :tearsofjoy:. Well I'll give them a chance to sort it out because crap happens but yeah I'll go by the if it ain't broken don't fix it too in the future...

I'm interested to hear what they get back to you about your scratched wheel, that's if you report it to them.

I'm interested to hear what they get back to you about your scratched wheel, that's if you report it to them.

I have reported it they didn't admit fault yet but took photos.

Reactions: tyr92
Whenever I take my car to the dealers, I firstly make sure that it is clean and there is no damage anywhere. When I arrive at the dealers I get the service reception person to come and have a good look around the car including the wheels. When I collect the car I again get them to walk around the car with me to check for any damage, If I have anything done under the bonnet I also open that and check, last time the dipstick was left on the engine after an oil change, the clowns.

First service, first Audi, first car and having a bad experience. My A3 is 2 years old and just over 1 year old of me owning it (bought used 9 months old).

I took it in for its service and had two front tires changed as they were 94% worn, standard stuff like oil change, check all levels etc, pollen filter changed and air conditioning cleaned out and recharged (probably didn't need doing but they recommended it and I thought why not lol).

1. One front alloy has a scratch going all way around where the new tire has been put on
3. They didn't keep the car clean, glue was left on the inside and windscreen - not a big issue as I just wiped it off would be more annoyed if it stained.

I phoned up yesterday took the car in first thing this morning to get air conditioning looked at as that's the first thing they want to sort as it's currently 28c here.

They checked it all over and looked fine and said it's working which I checked and it was all the way to work this morning.

Finish work it's now 28c outside, air con broken again not going cold and switching itself off. Seems to work when its 15c outside but not 28c...

Sounds bad. Did they accept the alloy damage? I had this years ago on a Subaru. Took it in, and couple days later notice a dent in one of the alloys. Knew it wasn't me, and knew it wasn't there before I took it in to be serviced. Unfortunately, the dealer wouldn't accept responsibility, so I was left with the repair cost.

The Audi dealer I take mine to insist on walking round the car with you when you drop it off. This way they note down any marks, scratches or dents. Upon getting the car back, if an alloy is damaged, you have proof it was damaged by them. But, you need to check the car when you collect, as phoning back the next day, enables them to say you must have done it over night.

The air con. I'd be back there straight away. It could be the condenser has failed. Happened to my old R8. But you need to get them to check it when it's hot weather like this.

Most dealers will wash and valet the car, unless you state otherwise. So pretty bad service if they couldn't even be bothered to wash it for you.

If there is another dealer nearby, let your feet do the talking, and take it elsewhere in the future.

If there is another dealer nearby, let your feet do the talking, and take it elsewhere in the future.

It will be a cold day in hell before I set foot in Audi Bolton again, they supplied the car but couldn't be 4rsed with warranty issue I had with the seat. It took a factual review on the Facebook site to finally get their attention by which time I'd already got Audi Stockport involved.

Reactions: Chris S 1245
Similar experience here. I've had to escalate to Audi UK to get my seat fixed.

Welcome to the world of approved dealers (of any marque I may add) this is why my cars only go to a local indi, I like to deal with the guy with the spanner in his hand.

Reactions: S32B and KenL

Name and shame them so others can avoid.

Name and shame them so others can avoid.

Halesowen Audi.

Air-con fixed now, they said it was too much pressure. Alloy they said is fixed but I had a look and it still looks scratched in places, eh.

Reactions: Chris S 1245