Bad Request Error Message

Frizzley

Staff member
Reaction score
Since the site upgrade am periodically getting the following error message when accessing the site via my ipad.

Bad Request​

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Closing safari and then reopening it again seems to clear the problem but only get this issue with this site

Hi thanks for the feed back... You might have just solved one of the problems we are having and don't understand...

When this happens do you still see the site or is it a true error page? if you don't close the browser and refresh does it go away? can you do a screen shot?

Many thanks

Adam

Hi thanks for the feed back... You might have just solved one of the problems we are having and don't understand...

When this happens do you still see the site or is it a true error page? if you don't close the browser and refresh does it go away? can you do a screen shot?

Many thanks

Adam
Hi think it is a true error as this all I can see rather than anything on the site itself

Using the back button does not clear it either. Only solution I have found to work so far is to actually close the browser rather than say go to another site and then back to the forum

will try to send a screenshot for you

Adam

Screenshot as requested

Why am i suddenly getting this Bad Request error on my phone all of a sudden... cleared all cookies, browser history and still cannot hit the site. Using my laptop to reply here and all fine...

Has your phone browser recently updated or is there an update available yet to install?

We will take a look. Are you using tapatalk when your on your mobile?

Hi Sandra / Garret

Not using Tapatalk, just google chrome. Do you think tapatalk is worth a shot?
Phone is Android 11 , Google Chrome is upto date as at 96.0.4664.45 if this helps... really weird, been fine for years apart from this last week. I thought you were down for a few days then realised it was me!

I use Chrome 79.0.3945.116 on Android 9 with no issues (hate 10 and 11 but that's another story). I've never used Tapatalk, I don't even know how to use it.

I use Chrome 79.0.3945.116 on Android 9 with no issues (hate 10 and 11 but that's another story). I've never used Tapatalk, I don't even know how to use it.
Just installed Tapatalk and replying from this... Still no joy with chrome tho

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

I've been getting a few of these on both my mobile (Safari) and also my desktop (Chrome)

Strange one for sure, cleared all cache data on my phone etc and now it works again... I'd already cleaned down my browser history and cookies on my phone but this didn't work either.

All good for now, hated Tapatalk lol