Bad parking

RYuill

Reaction score
And they say audi drivers are bad.

dddf4a3acbb8767fabf2ef6f781b2107.jpg

Reactions: Alex C, elpaulio, Cymru09 and 3 others
Too close to the trolley park for my liking.

Nice effective use of free space though.

Reactions: jaguar1187 and steeve
I completely understand why given the shxt drivers & parkers out there

Reactions: Dazzeroo
Thing is, some people will damage your car just for parking like that.

& what's that say about them then

Thing is, some people will damage your car just for parking like that.

Yep. It's lose-lose really. I always pick spaces that're larger to stop people opening car doors into me, park in quiet areas (with hatched areas next to my space if possible so that I can park VERY close to it and create more space) and take every precaution, but it still doesn't always work out.

I park in an empty car park when I go to the gym at 6.30am, and occasionally, in a car park that's roughly the same of your average supermarket car park, someone has parked NEXT to my car when there are NO OTHER CARS in that car park. You can't account for that.

You also can't account for what happened to me 2 weeks ago, when the person parked next to me reversed out of their space and steered their front passenger side wing directly into my driver's side rear wheel arch / rear door. :(

Reactions: simboti19
Yep. It's lose-lose really. I always pick spaces that're larger to stop people opening car doors into me, park in quiet areas (with hatched areas next to my space if possible so that I can park VERY close to it and create more space) and take every precaution, but it still doesn't always work out.

I park in an empty car park when I go to the gym at 6.30am, and occasionally, in a car park that's roughly the same of your average supermarket car park, someone has parked NEXT to my car when there are NO OTHER CARS in that car park. You can't account for that.

You also can't account for what happened to me 2 weeks ago, when the person parked next to me reversed out of their space and steered their front passenger side wing directly into my driver's side rear wheel arch / rear door. :(

I'm the same. Or park next to other nice cars in the hope the owners also take care of their car.

Yip, you can guarantee that when you park in a large open area, when you come out the shop someone has parked right next to you when there is lots of other places to park. Usually a 4x4 as well.

Reactions: simboti19
Bad parking? to my eye those lines are perfectly lined up to be central to the vehicle, thats rather good parking to me!

@KARL-alesbury sorry to hear about the car mate.

Bad parking? to my eye those lines are perfectly lined up to be central to the vehicle, thats rather good parking to me!

@KARL-alesbury sorry to hear about the car mate.

Cheers mate. Don't forget, you owe me a ride in your S3 when you get it!

I think people must park next to me because they need to align their cars with something and can't park between painted white lines.

My wife had a nasty note left on the windscreen of the car in that particular car park because she was parked across the lines even though there were hardly any cars and it was far from the entrance. Judging by the spelling on the note they didn't do well in school.

Reactions: Dazzeroo and elpaulio
I had a parking ticket once for parking my car slightly diagonal with one tyre touching a white line, within a parking bay. Needless to say I just ripped up the ticket and threw it away...

Reactions: Dazzeroo and RYuill
hE0FFAC58

Not quite as bad as this parking......

Reactions: Dazzeroo and RYuill
I've seen a few low walls destroyed like that, usually mature driver and automatic gearbox come into the equation.

Probably something that I will miss about my 4WD...........the running boards mean that (generally) if someone opens their car door onto mine.....the damage will all be theirs. I've always been conscious of other cars but you can't account for rude and/or stupid. I was sitting in my sister's Audi when some clown opened the door onto it. Needless to say they were told off, but they don't care. :mad:

Can't believe there are people defending the guy in the first pic! Doesn't matter whether the car park was empty at the time he parked or not - it's just selfish. Who's to say it won't fill up while he isn't there? He's parked like a **** and deserves what he gets (if he gets anything for it that is...), no 2 ways about it.

Reactions: Richard Oddy, blackjack, veeeight and 2 others
It's not ideal but on the other hand sometimes people chuck their car right next to yours even though there's lots of spaces and sometimes it ends in door dings. I've parked in a large, nearly empty supermarket carpark, furthest from the entrance and come out to find a scabby car parked right next to me? Why do that?
It's a lose/lose situation.
The car above is an extreme example but I can understand the principal.

Reactions: s31jay
If I cant find a parallel bay (easier to fix/ replace bumpers than doors and rear quarter panels) I always park accross two bays on an agle to look like im just crap at parking in the best way to try and protect the flank.

I dont give a F**k if people think its selfish, I've had to spend a small fortune having dings repaired from SELFISH people who cant respect other peoples property. Its always Fat, Poor people too as they havent had anything valuble to value.

Reactions: Dazzeroo and Martinbanshee
Get some cameras, record the damage, claim it off their insurance then. That'll teach them. And avoid having to park like a selfish tool.

Nice timing...here's 2 Q7s parked at Tesco this afternoon.
The question is which one is most likely to get damaged?
Answers on a postcard ;)
4f671bd8a1578a55c0591342a4c3fa82.jpg

Reactions: Dazzeroo and s31jay
If we ignore the fact the left is next to the trolley bay, then it's the right one when another knobhead keys it for being a ****.

Another question, which is parked correctly and less likely to cause anger?

If you are worried about your car getting damaged, then perhaps leave it at home covered in cotton wool. Yes it sucks when it happens but it's still no excuse for parking like a ****. If there were no spaces left because of that I'd be pushing his car out back into the road so I could use one of the spaces.

Who's car park ?
Sainsbury's Hastings, there is slightly more to it than that as the parking attendant had parked her own car so close to mine that I couldn't get into my drivers door, and I had a severe kidney issue which meant I couldn't climb over from the passengers side. I did locate her in the store and very politely asked her whether she could move her car, at which point she got all ratty with me followed me back to my car and issued a ticket. Needless to say I did complain to the store manger and got a apology and a £25 shopping voucher.

To me people who use two parking parking for one car should leave their cars at home.

Reactions: TonyH38
Plus, if you're going to take two spaces (or more) don't do it right in front of the store like those Q7 drivers. You're just asking to be keyed.

While we're on the subject, at the supermarket today the two people parked either side of me in parent and child spaces both brazenly got out without a kid and walked into the store as I struggled to get my little one out of her car seat when the rest of the car park was basically EMPTY.

Sigh.

I just don't take my car to supermarkets anymore, too risky, I use my van. It's got the added benefit of much more room and I don't need to worry about milk, etc leaking. I still don't park at the entrance though as I like room to open my doors instead of squeezing out.
Oh, and the free fuel is handy too.
If we need to nip past a shop on the way home in the car whoever is driving waits in it just in case.

Reactions: s31jay
I appreciate that these cars are people's pride and joys but when you're not willing to take it to the supermarket it seems crazy to me.

The car is surely there to make your life easier, not more difficult. If you can't take it to the supermarket or leave it unattended outside a shop it just seems like you've bought a £30k inconvenience.

Sure, I don't want to get dents or scratches on the car but I bought it to get me and my family about with a high level of comfort, efficiency and performance. If it gets scratched, it gets scratched.

I can't imagine how embarassing I'd find it trying to explain to a friend or the rest of my family why I couldn't bring my car somewhere in case somone scratched it.

End of the day it's a car, and therefore just an object. There are far more important things.

Reactions: cemerson
Plus, if you're going to take two spaces (or more) don't do it right in front of the store like those Q7 drivers. You're just asking to be keyed.

While we're on the subject, at the supermarket today the two people parked either side of me in parent and child spaces both brazenly got out without a kid and walked into the store as I struggled to get my little one out of her car seat when the rest of the car park was basically EMPTY.

Sigh.

This irritates me more than people who park across two spaces and I openly and loudly have sounded people out in the middle of the car park for doing this... scum of the earth if you ask me.

Reactions: cemerson
I appreciate that these cars are people's pride and joys but when you're not willing to take it to the supermarket it seems crazy to me.

The car is surely there to make your life easier, not more difficult. If you can't take it to the supermarket or leave it unattended outside a shop it just seems like you've bought a £30k inconvenience.

Sure, I don't want to get dents or scratches on the car but I bought it to get me and my family about with a high level of comfort, efficiency and performance. If it gets scratched, it gets scratched.

I can't imagine how embarassing I'd find it trying to explain to a friend or the rest of my family why I couldn't bring my car somewhere in case somone scratched it.

End of the day it's a car, and therefore just an object. There are far more important things.

Rest assured the car gets well used. It's comfy and nice to drive and we use it go places, trips into town, visit friends, etc.
The van is a utility vehicle so it gets used for the jobs like weekly shop and also taking the dog to the park when it's particularly bad weather as he likes to shake when he's soaking.
It's a 2014 VW Caddy so it's clean and tidy too and not quite a builders van. It's also got some of the rear area setup to carry mountain bikes which is one of its other roles. It got internal mounts for 3 full suspension bikes.
Seems crazy taking my car to the supermarket when I've got free use of a vehicle that's designed to carry stuff and I don't pay for. I don't need everyone to see me in an Audi so I'm happy keeping my car safe from zombie driver parkers.
It's common sense really when you've got it sitting there.
There's people that use their own money to run mountain bike or surfing vans, I get one for free.

The BMW and the Jag must have thought they had killed the space in the middle until I came along in my old Smart Car!

IMG_0318.jpg

Reactions: Karl Alesbury, Martinbanshee, coddy85 and 3 others
The BMW and the Jag must have thought they had killed the space in the middle until I came along in my old Smart Car!

IMG_0318.jpg
And the added bonus for all of you is that you were all able to open your doors. :)

I once had another Audi park very close to me in a car park. As there was not a lot of space the driver obvious thought he was doing the best he could. Unfortunately it was in Germany and he thought he was parking close to my passenger door, but it was of course the drivers door. My wife, who is a little more agile than I am, had to get in through the passenger door and climb across to the drivers side to get the car out of the space.

Yep, close passenger-to-passenger door parking is a good strategy that I often use. If the space is so tight that damage seems likely, I see no problem in parking my passenger door as close as I can to another car's passenger door (assuming there is a passenger door there to park next to!), leaving the maximum amount of room for driver doors. In an ideal world, this is how everyone would park in my view, alternating nose-in and tail-in down the row leaving lots of room between drivers doors and tiny spaces between passenger doors, cars on the ends of rows should have their drivers doors outwards into the open space!

I have nearly been caught out by a left-hand-drive car before though!

I had some ***** van driver who parked next to my old merc, so close that I couldn't even open the door to get into my car..... waited a couple of minutes and the guy came back, his stupid comment was "what would I of done if he wasn't there", well first thing that popped into my mind was let the air out of all his tyres (karma), then climb through the passenger door and over to the drivers side.