Bad head gasket?

Techen

Reaction score
So, I've always had a little yellow oil on the cap. Never really stayed around however after getting my timing done, new thermostat and coolant etc today I found my cooalnt way below min and well... my oil cap says it all...

20160113_143515.jpg

This has only happen after I got my thermostat replaced and managed to get my car to stay at 90c

Short journeys and not getting to temp causes this too.
Top up the coolant and see if it drops.
MInes in for the same work today too

Yea it seems to be pretty common, I don't really do long distances in it and with my broken breather pipe I had awhile ago it most likely adds up.

The massive drop in coolant could be the car adjusting to its new thermostat too, we shall see.

Uh I couldn't tell you, I supplied him with the thermostat and got it fitted with a bunch of other things for cheap. I got it done cheaper as I was getting my timing belt done at the sametime so the engine was hiked out about made it easier, Gotta rip out a load of stuff to get into it. I reckon he only charged me 30 quid labour .

Your winning there, get your thermostat from euro parts? Or Audi? I shall have to get a quote

Use the parts request above, Straight from audi, Wouldn't use anything else when it comes to important stuff like that.

Reactions: Cambaines
Update on stuff, Starting to get signs of water on the dipstick.

20160114_154332.jpg

Last ditch, Imma go have a long motorway trip tonight. At least an hour on the motorway and report back. Am still not loosing coolant so I donno.