Bad Company 2

Been trying to unlock all the recon kit recently but you dont rack up many points just sitting in a bush picking people off and mortar stricking a few tanks and houses.

I'm sure there's some cheating going on in this game now! I've shot people in the head at point blank only for them to kill me and their health remains at 100%! Yesterday I knifed someone and nothing happened at all then the guy turned round and blasted me.

It is possible to rack up big points mate. From one shot last week I got 400 odd points. Its not my bag, but occasionally I will play Recon on Hardcore. If you get a full game it is possible to get in the region of 4000 points. Just depends how good you opponents are and wether they are prepared to search you out. On Hardcore you find people accept snipers as collateral damage and will keep pushing towards the objective regardless of how many times you pick them off.........4 Nemesis pins is my record LOL

Most points in one game so far 21,000.

Takes sooo long to rank up on this, but thats a good thing

ghosty05.jpg
ghosty05-graw.jpg

Last edited:
Most points in one game so far 21,000.

Takes sooo long to rank up on this, but thats a good thing

21000!!!!!! Mine is probably about 2-3000 for my highest score.

I love how long it takes to rank up too, COD is just like an arcade game I feel, with 'new things' being awarded all the time. At least you have to work for bonuses in this game.

On a side note, since I have no home internet at the moment I decided to crack on with the Single Player last night. Has anyone else done it? I got about 3 levels in before the wife came home and grumbled, but I was loving it. These days I rarely play SP as i'm always online, but it was nice going back.

Amazing game.

Oh, and my virgin is arriving today ;) haha. happy days

I completed single player first before doing multiplayer. I did all 3 difficulty levels and got all trophies too though 3 of them wont show up on the online BC2 webpage!

Last night I got 3600 point in one game as a medic and got 27 kills to 16 deaths. I was the best player in the whole game and unlocked 3 bits of kit in one round and ranked up to level 19, but........ for some reason none of the stats stuck! It says i'm still rank 18 and my unlocks haven't unlocked and I didnt recieve the "best player" pin, I'm not happy at all and have no idea why it hasn't worked?

I completed single player first before doing multiplayer. I did all 3 difficulty levels and got all trophies too though 3 of them wont show up on the online BC2 webpage!

Last night I got 3600 point in one game as a medic and got 27 kills to 16 deaths. I was the best player in the whole game and unlocked 3 bits of kit in one round and ranked up to level 19, but........ for some reason none of the stats stuck! It says i'm still rank 18 and my unlocks haven't unlocked and I didnt recieve the "best player" pin, I'm not happy at all and have no idea why it hasn't worked?

They seem to have regular problems with the player account servers on bad company 2.

Happens alot, i went online the other day and i was back to rank 1 with no stats at all, suddenly i noticed half the people online were at rank 1, turend out the account server had gone down putting everyone back to rank 1 with zero stats, was back up an hour later though!

Its not difficult to get such a high amount like 21,000 in a game, as i got 2 pins for 5,000 points and loads of other stuff too, including 34 kills for 7 deaths!!

They seem to have regular problems with the player account servers on bad company 2.

Happens alot, i went online the other day and i was back to rank 1 with no stats at all, suddenly i noticed half the people online were at rank 1, turend out the account server had gone down putting everyone back to rank 1 with zero stats, was back up an hour later though!

Its not difficult to get such a high amount like 21,000 in a game, as i got 2 pins for 5,000 points and loads of other stuff too, including 34 kills for 7 deaths!!

I know what you mean about missing pins though, its very frustrating.

i'm back online people!!! I will be playing some MP battlefield in the very near future I hope. We should try organise a time when a few of us will be online so that we can actually play with decent people (i'm not talking skill level, i'm just meaning that I won't shout racist abuse down the headset and play 50pence for all to hear from my mobile phone as i play)

It's easy as Damo says for a high score game. Simples if you watch your kills with certain weapons, making sure that you pick that weapon for the entire game to obtain the next bronze, silver, gold or platinum stars etc.

My Game now is 100% completed, meaning i have the bad company elite PS3 trophy and 100% of my pins and insignia's.

G

Last edited:
You can check out other players stats by using that link i posted further up the thread!

G

It's easy as Damo says for a high score game. Simples if you watch your kills with certain weapons, making sure that you pick that weapon for the entire game to obtain the next bronze, silver, gold or platinum stars etc.

My Game now is 100% completed, meaning i have the bad company elite PS3 trophy and 100% of my pins and insignia's.

G

The next thing for you to do now G is platinum star every weapon and vehicle. Off you go matey :whistle2:

Evening.

I have started already. Have 5 platinum stars at the moment, 2 vehicles rest weapons.

Whole days gaming lays ahead

G

I have found a new hobby and it involves annoying players till they send you abusive messages haha.

Last night on Leguna Alta (I think) we were attacking flag B (the one with the metal crate to hide in next to the house on the hill) and one guy came to try and defend it. I blasted him with my new favourite weapon (SAIGA shotgun with slugs and magnum ammo) and knew that he would spawn at the B flag and try to retaliate so I hid and waited for him by the only spawn point at that base. I know this is called spawn camping or something like that but I was defending my team mate while he captured the flag.

Anyway I nailed this guy 3 times in a row till we captured the flag. He sent me a message calling me a "Camping B!tch" haha. I replied to him telling him to deal with it and that nobody forced him to keep spawning at flag B only to get shot again. His reply to me was just "Camp Sh!t".

I then spent the rest of the game making this guys life hell and totaly disregarded the flags and my team mates. I even managed to get this guys dogtags twice to rub salt into the wounds. He was a rank 33 and I'm only rank 22 so he was probably a little p!ssed at me.

So who plays this on the xbox 360 then?

Because i need 5 friends to stab for the achievement!!

So who plays this on the xbox 360 then?

Because i need 5 friends to stab for the achievement!!

Are you hoping for said 5 friends to let you stab them or will you be expected to earn your trophy? I've only managed to knife one of my friends and we spent about 4 hours trying to hunt each other for our tags, he never got mine though :icon_thumright:

Are you hoping for said 5 friends to let you stab them or will you be expected to earn your trophy? I've only managed to knife one of my friends and we spent about 4 hours trying to hunt each other for our tags, he never got mine though :icon_thumright:

I think its going to be difficult thats for sure!

i play this game on pc through steam. i got 5000 earlier with a ratio of 5/15. most of my points came from medic health and revives. brilliant on rush because everyone keeps legging it then they die. i just sit slightly back n zip in n get 5/6 quick revs :D

I've done 17 ranks in 4 weeks and I put in 30 hours of game play in last week! I need to get out more. My car is in desperate need of a clean but its taken a back seat due to this flaming game!

Is there a help line for BC2 addiction?

Hmm might end up back on this then. Got a bit bored of it but it doesnt help with all of the ***** players which always seem to be in my squad :mad:. Id be impressed if they found a fix for that lol.

Was on playing this last night for a few hrs was well pleased my last game I was first on the score board

Been getting back into playing this recently too! But i'm on PC, don't think any of the others in this thread are?! :(

Been getting back into playing this recently too! But i'm on PC, don't think any of the others in this thread are?! :(

I am, mate. Best multi player game I've ever played. They need to sort out the medic defrib bug, though.

Im on ps3 and it is the best multiplayer game by far but didnt they start out before the call of duty series with battlefield 1942? It explains why they are better. Il have to get back into it soon when iv finished with dead rising 2 which is another great game imo.

Yeah they started with 1942, then vietnam, then battlefield 2, then 2142! I've played them all on PC except 2142! Roll on Battlefield 3! :)

snoopstasy: which defib bug lol, there's several! Don't really affect gameplay that much in most games...

Can't wait for the next maps - Oasis (think this is a big tank desert map with lots of hills?) and Harvest Day (tank map over a river with loads of open fields around it)! :D

I thought so iv never been into pc gaming but on consoles iv had battlefield modern combat on the 360 and then bad company , battlefield 1943 and bad company 2 all on ps3 they are all great games apart from on modern combat and bad company where your team mates could kill you and they did for some reason :think:

aint been on for a while but i plan on getting back into it, i wont trade BC2 in as its the best multiplayer online game i have ever played. anyone been on black ops yet? i think the multiplayer will let me down

snoopstasy: which defib bug lol, there's several! Don't really affect gameplay that much in most games...

Can't wait for the next maps - Oasis (think this is a big tank desert map with lots of hills?) and Harvest Day (tank map over a river with loads of open fields around it)! :D

I had no defib bug, as far as I'm aware, until the recent patch, after which, half the time I try and defib, it doesn't work, so I have to go on a suicide mission to get it back again. Patch the patch, please! Aye, can't wait for the new maps. All this Black Ops hype **** is doing my head in. People at work taking a week off to play it, as "it's the best thing ever." No it isn't!

Well i dont think i will be back on this for a while as gran turismo 5 is coming out this month unless it gets delayed again lol.

Whats the sound like with BC2, does anyone play it with a 5.1?

I don't play it with 5.1, but my mate does and he says it's amazing. From my crappy 2.1 setup it seems great though, so bet it's good.

nice one, I thought I check before I buy it because the sound on Black Ops is rubbish, it seems like everyone has ninja on lol

Whats the sound like with BC2, does anyone play it with a 5.1?

Sound is excellent. Stick it on wartapes for epic, in your face boomage, as long as your neighbours are already deaf, or stick your headphones on for 360 sound.

Right so this is more tricky isnt it! I seem to be playing with/against people who've been playing for agges and know their way around. Biggest difference has to be the lack of intel you get on enemy positions and not being able to go prone???

I had a blast on this last night first time in months and i forgot how great it is. Dane it is more tricky i find the key is to use the kits fully to rack your score up its not just about getting the most kills although it does help. Its easier when you get to know the maps better but it also helps to unlock the specs for the different kits simalar to the perks in the cod games and better weapons of course.

Yes, you need to get to know the maps, which obviously comes with practice. 'Spot' the enemy for your fellow squad/team mates so they show up as a red triangle on the map. You then get points when someone else kills that enemy as a result of your spot.

Play to your class role and you get more points - medic should revive and dish out medipacks; assault should lead the squad and dish out ammo packs; engineer should board vehicles and repair them, as well as taking out enemy vehicles with Carl Gustav RPG and/or anti tank mines; and recon (least favourite class) should throw out motion detectors so enemies show up on the map and should try and not camp out, lone wolf style, on a hill.

Can't go prone - this encourages you to keep moving, rather than camping under a tree. Stick with your squad. Covering fire, etc.

Unlock weapons/add ons/gadgets to make life easier.

Persevere - I used to be awful. Now I'm slightly better than awful, and I'm level 28. There are some extremely good players out there. Get in their squad.

Yeah Im getting more used to it, learning where people are likely to come from, where not to stop etc. etc. Not played too many of the objective games at the mo just squad DM. Better than Black ops IMO but it might take a back seat to GT5 now lol

Yeah Im getting more used to it, learning where people are likely to come from, where not to stop etc. etc. Not played too many of the objective games at the mo just squad DM. Better than Black ops IMO but it might take a back seat to GT5 now lol

Rush with 32 players is the best game, in my opinion.