Bad Company 2

On it all the time mate, love it, much better than MW2

add me on xbox live if your on their GHOSTY05!

Love the game on the PC..... although I can't for the life of me get any servers listed in the multiplayer section

oooh a contender for the throne....... in what respects is it better than COD? i bought the last one and the bullet lag was far worse than COD online

oooh a contender for the throne....... in what respects is it better than COD? i bought the last one and the bullet lag was far worse than COD online

It's just more my type of game. COD is all about killing unless you are in a game mode with an objective. Small Maps, fast action, DIE loads if you aren't good.

BC2 is mostly about team effort, objectives unless you are on death match and even then its team death match! More guns, class types, driving vehicles, the helicopter is totally awesome! As soon as BC2 was out i stopped playing COD and won't be going back.

MAG is another amazing game. really good feel to the player while moving, BC2 does feel sluggish but then again I would imagine thats how we would feel if we had all that gear/guns on so i guess it is realistic.

PS3 platform is my choice of weapon. Add me if you like - Have a microphone too, PSN name is MrGoldfish

G

ah yes see what you mean regards in game play, defo agree......im defo an online fan though and IIRC the last bad company was virtually same online as COD regards single player, obviously with use of vehicles which is a big bonus..... for realism though i think COD is hard to beat

has the online issues been sorted regards bullet leg on the new BC2

BC2 does suffer from time to time with jerky players moving about all over the place, normally when people join/leave your squad, but it doesn't tend to happen often. So i'd say yes they've sorted most of the lag issues out. To be truthful it's as much about how the game performs as what broadband connection you have to the web.

G

yup know what you mean mate, i have wireless on the xbox but still always run the lead from the N router to make sure i have the best possible connection, also with 02 which gives me a stonking speed gladly

that said COD was always miles better online, i might just rent this one and see as not really fancying spending the money after the last disappointment - hope it has improved cos COD has wiped the floor with them all for so long - although offline gaming isnt amazing

BC2 does suffer from time to time with jerky players moving about all over the place, normally when people join/leave your squad, but it doesn't tend to happen often. So i'd say yes they've sorted most of the lag issues out. To be truthful it's as much about how the game performs as what broadband connection you have to the web.

G

Dont have a single one of these issues, all the servers have not been sorted and the game is as smooth as a baby, it also helps when you have 50mb broadband!:icon_thumright:

It's just more my type of game. COD is all about killing unless you are in a game mode with an objective. Small Maps, fast action, DIE loads if you aren't good.

BC2 is mostly about team effort, objectives unless you are on death match and even then its team death match! More guns, class types, driving vehicles, the helicopter is totally awesome! As soon as BC2 was out i stopped playing COD and won't be going back.

MAG is another amazing game. really good feel to the player while moving, BC2 does feel sluggish but then again I would imagine thats how we would feel if we had all that gear/guns on so i guess it is realistic.

PS3 platform is my choice of weapon. Add me if you like - Have a microphone too, PSN name is MrGoldfish

G

Its not just about team effort either, i find bc2 less stressful and far less serious, their are also less bugs, campers and annoying players.

It is alot more fun to play, with bigger maps, more players and fully destructable buildings.

As you say modern warfare is about killing and nothing more and is getting very repetitive now.

BC2 is a welcome break and a game that requires strategy and thought, it has been greatly improved over the original game and now has more weapons, unlocks and vehicles, all the weapons feels meaty and realistic and the sound on the game is incredible.

This game makes you feel like you are in a real warzone, with tanks, helicopters, exploding cover...it is epic.

Modern warfare 2 is a great game but its about time something was released to knock it off the throne and this is it by a country mile.

New modern warfare maps out next week, 1200 ms points for 3 new maps and 2 old maps from cod4, unfortuantly many silly people out their will pay these silly prices.

New maps for bad company also relased same day for free!

Last edited:
brilliant game miles better than cod imo
can't keep off it

Anyone wanna play feel free to add me: crazy88uk (PSN)

I much prefer this game to MW2 for the reasons other people have posted. It's just better, and another thing nobody has mentioned, is just how ****** good the sound is! I had it on loud last night, and it's amazing.

Does anyone ever use headsets these days? It seems that the only people who do are 15 year old kids. And they're always far better than me too, haha

Anyone wanna play feel free to add me: crazy88uk (PSN)

I much prefer this game to MW2 for the reasons other people have posted. It's just better, and another thing nobody has mentioned, is just how ****** good the sound is! I had it on loud last night, and it's amazing.

Does anyone ever use headsets these days? It seems that the only people who do are 15 year old kids. And they're always far better than me too, haha

Hi mate, what rank are you, im a touch under 26, much more fun when you have the better weapons.

Hi mate, what rank are you, im a touch under 26, much more fun when you have the better weapons.

I'm only like rank 8/9 I think. Haven't played it too much yet, but just love the time I have had. I am starting to get some nice unlocks. I am loving the assault class, with 4x scope. There are far too many snipers on the game, so with the 4x scope I get best of both worlds as I can often pick off the rubbish snipers, but still have some close range fun.

I really can't wait to get some of the better guns and specializations.

I'm only like rank 8/9 I think. Haven't played it too much yet, but just love the time I have had. I am starting to get some nice unlocks. I am loving the assault class, with 4x scope. There are far too many snipers on the game, so with the 4x scope I get best of both worlds as I can often pick off the rubbish snipers, but still have some close range fun.

I really can't wait to get some of the better guns and specializations.

Yeah snipers are a pain, but revenge is always sweet, the M16 or M416 is perfect for long range sniper killing, but also for close range assualts.

Once you get the m95 sniper rifle it is pretty much one shot kills, combined with a 12x scope and magnum bullets.

I shot a bloke in the head from about 800 yards away, got about 400 points for one kill was brilliant.

I also find the anti tank mines great fun, because they stay even if you die, so all of a sudden you get kills later because of mines you have forgotten about lol.

Hope they plan on bringing new maps/weapons sometime soon though.

The game is amazing and once you reach level 24 it takes a LONG time to level up through the officer ranks, i need 100,000 points to climb to level 27.

Last edited:
Yeah snipers are a pain, but revenge is always sweet, the M16 or M416 is perfect for long range sniper killing, but also for close range assualts.

Once you get the m95 sniper rifle it is pretty much one shot kills, combined with a 12x scope and magnum bullets.

I shot a bloke in the head from about 800 yards away, got about 400 points for one kill was brilliant.

I also find the anti tank mines great fun, because they stay even if you die, so all of a sudden you get kills later because of mines you have forgotten about lol.

Hope they plan on bringing new maps/weapons sometime soon though.

The game is amazing and once you reach level 24 it takes a LONG time to level up through the officer ranks, i need 100,000 points to climb to level 27.

You on xbox or ps3 mate? PS3 here.

ooh, they do indeed sound exciting! I need to play sniper a little more, I have played it about twice, but will never have the good guns if I don't just try it. The anti-tank mines sound brilliant too. Although I find myself mostly playing squad rush. Find the smaller 4 vs. 4 games are great fun.

I like how long it takes to rank up too. My mate is a huge battlefield 2 fan on pc, and after all these years of playing he still isn't at the highest rank!

You on xbox or ps3 mate? PS3 here.

ooh, they do indeed sound exciting! I need to play sniper a little more, I have played it about twice, but will never have the good guns if I don't just try it. The anti-tank mines sound brilliant too. Although I find myself mostly playing squad rush. Find the smaller 4 vs. 4 games are great fun.

I like how long it takes to rank up too. My mate is a huge battlefield 2 fan on pc, and after all these years of playing he still isn't at the highest rank!

Im on the 360 mate, shame as i just fancied playing you.:sadlike:

I find it hard to decide which class i like as they are all good in their own right, but it depends on how you are going to play the game, one thing i will say is always stick to the class that you are playing.

E.g if your a medic stick with your squad and repair and heal and just act as support, dont go running and gunning.

Also always mark your targets with the orange marker arrows as this allows everyone to see the enemy and is useful if you get killed or there is a difficult camper that keeps killing everyone that you wasnt everyone to see, plus you get spotting points when your men are killed.

I think i only have 1 or 2 weapons to unlock now and this is for medic class, everything else i have pretty much unlocked now, apart from the BC2 veteran exclusive weapons.

I think the overall best class would be the engineer class as it has a good balance of anti tank/building and also powerful sub machine guns such as the UZI or UMP, Mines and Rocket Launchers are great for tanks as well a tool to fix your own.

Sniping is alot more fun now i have the top rifle, which is the M95, combined with a 12x scope and magnum rounds its a powerful beast, but slow to reload which can be annoying.

Assualt class is fun because it is simple, you dont have to worry about healing people or fixing tanks you just run around and shoot, much like MW2 to be honest, M16 combined with scope is a powerful weapon aswell.

Last edited:
Busy thread this!

Excellent reading lads. Seems like you have bitten the BFBC2 bug!

I too am on the PS3, love the game. My PSN account is MrGoldfish fee free to add me. I'm rank 31 almost 32 IIRC. My all time personal best is 96 kills in one game. All my guns, perks & classes are now unlocked and when playing I do take it seriously, lol, sad I know but then each to his own!

The M95, what a gun. Problem is though unless you are on hardcore mode or have pin accuracy using the scope and the notches on the vertical axis you will find it hard to get a marksman headshot meaning 1 hit 1 kill. I play a lot of hardcore purely because it makes the game interesting and you really have to have your wits about you to stay alive. Try it sometime, it's v good.

G

Also always mark your targets with the orange marker arrows as this allows everyone to see the enemy and is useful if you get killed or there is a difficult camper that keeps killing everyone that you wasnt everyone to see, plus you get spotting points when your men are killed.

I love the spot feature! It's still underused too. At first it seemed odd, but now I pretty much always spot someone, and then try kill them. Gives the rest of the squad/ team more chance too. And as you said, a great way of gaining some extra points.

I think I really need to try some more classes. I agree about assault being a little more like MW2. But i'm still rank 8, so early days. It does my head in though when you play squad rush (so 4 vs 4) and the attacking team still has 3/4 snipers. How the hell are you ever going to win by never getting to the base to arm the charge? I'm all for sniping, but only at the right times.

MrG. I'll add you tonight if I get chance. Dunno when i'm next on for a game though, but i'll add you and we'll catch up sometime. What's the difference between normal and hardcore mode then? I figured that I wouldn't try hardcore yet, i'm pretty softcore still (ooh err).

It's a brilliant game. Can't wait to get some more unlocked.

I'm on it most late afternoons from 4pm -7pm

Looking forward to a session tonight.

G

Oh forgot to say about Hardcore.

Hardcore has no map to let you cheat your way into kills or by finding your way around a map. It gives no kill cam, just shows details of killer and not where he/she might be when they killed you. It has no bullet count on weapon so you need to remember how many shots fired or just reload lots.

The bullet damage is a lot more which for some is not so good...but i'll say one thing it makes you concentrate more and you learn quickly how to stay alive!

Much better and more realistic.

G

Oh forgot to say about Hardcore.

Hardcore has no map to let you cheat your way into kills or by finding your way around a map. It gives no kill cam, just shows details of killer and not where he/she might be when they killed you. It has no bullet count on weapon so you need to remember how many shots fired or just reload lots.

The bullet damage is a lot more which for some is not so good...but i'll say one thing it makes you concentrate more and you learn quickly how to stay alive!

Much better and more realistic.

G

I agree hardcore really is more fun and its good to hit someone with a rifle and it kill them with one hit, very realistic.

No visual aids, just your own eyes, like being a real soldier i guess.

Had me a session last night. Ranked up too, which is nice. Love hardcore, can't wait to play tonight.

G

I think I might have to give hardcore a try. Sounds amazingly hard but awesome too. Hopefully get chance tomorrow as I'm off work for the day.

Get yourself a ps3 dazmo! You know you want to.

I think I might have to give hardcore a try. Sounds amazingly hard but awesome too. Hopefully get chance tomorrow as I'm off work for the day.

Get yourself a ps3 dazmo! You know you want to.

Lol, i have a ps3 mate and a wii but i only use the ps3 for blurays and the occasional ps3 exclusive (gt5/metal gear solid)

I have now become addicted to hardcore mode, its brilliant!, 1 sniper round and the enemy is dead and they cannot find where you are, awesome. Frustrating when you die though but its all part of the game, very realistic.

NEW DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT GUYS.....

The DLC contains... well, let's hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

With the 4 kit specific unique uniforms and the camouflaged SPECACT personal M16A2, UMP-45, MG3 and M95 SNIPER you have a visual edge on the Battlefield, showing that you're a force to be reckoned with. The pack also includes 12 new awards and 4 Achievements.

So there you go. The interesting thing is that for us Europeans, you can grab individual kit upgrades for 160 Microsoft Points each or everything for 440 Microsoft Points. In the US, the only way they can get the DLC is by entering codes on special promotional Dr Pepper cans.

:) Hardcore FTW!

Hell yeah! I played a game and it's amazing! Much more intense...so much so that I went back to regular. I will be sure to go back to it though. I got a 14/5 on it too, which for me is excellent. I still only have a 0.72 KDR.

I will check out the new DLC, infact...i'm off to do it right now. EDIT: I see the new DLC is 360 only at the moment, boo hiss

I'll add you on PSN Mr.G, i'll be on this evening from 8ish too so if you're around we should try a match.

Last edited:
Sorry about that last game Mr.G. My daughter was not wanting me to play, so I had to leave. Hopefully next time I won't have a 1 year old crawling allover me when I play!

Is good to have some decent people to play with. I'm sure I pull the squad down, with my poor-ness, haha!

Lol Crazy...don't worry mate its all good.

Was good to see you actually and I think you played well. K/D ratio on that game was ok too. Mines around 1.67 and I'm working on that to get it to 2.5. It's very hard in Hardcore more though as soon as someone sees you, you are more than likely dead or severely injured.

I won't be on the weekend as i'm away in Manchester (dropping the car off at Awesome GTI for a week, lots of work being done) but will be on Monday.

G

Anyone else getting seriously annoyed with those ****** helicopters.

I feel they are so over powered and theres nothing to take them down, especially when you have someone flying in circles and killing you as you spawn!

Yeah, the choppers can be amazing with a good pilot. I usually play squad rush though, so no vehicles on that.

Has the update cone out for the ps3 yet, or still just xbox only?

is there a list for Xbox players?
sick of playin with crap squads.

Been playing hard these last few days. I've only got 4 Insignia's to get and 1 Pin to complete my selection. When Onslaught comes out I'll have 100% on the trophies hopefully.

Great game, love it.

G

Been playing hard these last few days. I've only got 4 Insignia's to get and 1 Pin to complete my selection. When Onslaught comes out I'll have 100% on the trophies hopefully.

Great game, love it.

G

Onslaught...onslaught...what the hell is this of which you speak?!?!?

Onslaught mode is for up to four players. To begin with, there will be four maps to play: Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Isla Innocentes and Nelson Bay. They've been redesigned with new lighting, time of day, more vehicles and other touches.

Each map has a different focus. Atacama pushes vehicular combat to the fore while Nelson Bay concentrates on infantry. Onslaught will have leaderboards for squads to compete on.

G

Onslaught mode is for up to four players. To begin with, there will be four maps to play: Valparaiso, Atacama Desert, Isla Innocentes and Nelson Bay. They've been redesigned with new lighting, time of day, more vehicles and other touches.

Each map has a different focus. Atacama pushes vehicular combat to the fore while Nelson Bay concentrates on infantry. Onslaught will have leaderboards for squads to compete on.

G

And when is this little beauty out then? I think I need to go read up about this add-on. Just when i thought the game couldn't get any better. It really does surprise me that people still play COD.

COD is unable to compare to BFBC anymore, even the old BFBC 1 is better than COD in my opinion. I put that game down as soon as BFBC 2 was out and have not even looked at it since.

Onslaught won't be too long. Month or so I'd say. Another way for the game makers to gain money but we do gain another great game mode.

Gonna be Epic.!

G

I just looked online, apparently it's today!

clicky here

Looks so good, but costs £6.99, so aint cheap. Still, a good new game mode rather than just the standard map packs which we usually get.