Bacon Sandwich.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well then chaps, something as far away from Audi's as you could ever get the trusty old Bacon sandwich.
Now as a regular visitor to the trusty bacon sandwich ( yes I know , not really a healthy option) but hey life is just too short sometimes...anyway what is the best bacon sandwich, is it just bacon or does one add sauce and other bits and bobs.
Does one use a roll or bap , or is a nice fresh uncut loaf the way to go, so many choices but I think the best and original is best, just a nice bit of bacon in a sandwich made from freshly baked bread , no sauces etc or other green substances..lol
what are your thought chaps....

Reactions: Behind The Bins, jojo, voorhees and 4 others
best bacon sandwich? one that has an egg on it aswell

Reactions: PeterPatch1, jojo, jdp1962 and 3 others
ok, I can see how that would work, just do not put any of that nasty onion stuff in it ......onion is something that should be banned in my opinion...horrid .

Reactions: Seanchadwick2k3 and tickedon
I like all of the above but perfectly happy with a nice white roll, bacon (smoked preferred) and brown sauce or BBQ sauce.
Might occasionally add cheese or a fried or poached egg though.
Exits stage right to check fridge....... I'm starvin' now!

Reactions: martin1984, MattSedg and Charlie Farley
ok, I can see how that would work, just do not put any of that nasty onion stuff in it ......onion is something that should be banned in my opinion...horrid .
you and me could become best pals very quickly, agreed

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I'm glad i'm not the only person that cant stand onion, I get so much flack about it , and why does it have to be put in everything edible these days, what happened to personal choice.....

Reactions: Audi Bairn and MattSedg
Decent bacon firstly, preferably grilled
On thick sliced white lightly lubed with lurpak.
Condiments are a no no for me, however I can imagine red or brown sauce could work, if that's your thang'!
Tea, white 2 sugars a standard addition

Reactions: Ghost, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 1 other person
Now toasted bacon sandwich , that's another yum factor , needs to be thick bread though for me or it gets a bit too hard.

Reactions: martin1984 and MattSedg
Plenty of Ayrshire Bacon fairly well done, slices of black pudding (bury black pudding) brown sauce and white pepper on thick cut fresh bread lightly toasted, spread with real butter and a good mug of coffee.

Crispy bacon on thick cut white bread toasted with HP sauce. With no butter or onions anywhere near it.....yuk!

But I'm afraid square sausage (steak slice from butcher no supermarket rubbish!) on a morning roll with HP sauce wins hand down. Mmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gone
toasted bread, not too thick, crsipy bacon, no sauces, no onion, sometimes cheese, always a runny egg

Reactions: martin1984
Bacon n cheese barm all day long
No Square sausage not for me can't beat a proper link Sausage

Square sausage is poverty sausage,
Sausage is a totally different debate.
Ask any lesbian......

Reactions: Nilz, JRock247, voorhees and 3 others
Ohhh that's fighting talk for a Scotsman lol

Any talk is fighting talk for a Scotsman ha
Took me about two weeks to remember to ask for link sausage when ordering breakfast when I worked in Scotland

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra, CHEZ and BarryG79
He is correct in all facts sausagey.
Why oh why, the Scottish have a different breed of snag is beyond me.
10 audi points if anyone can actually give a valid reason

Reactions: voorhees
because, scots ................ :cower::haudrauf:

@Just Rob. - Perfect bacon sarnie ?
Grilled or gridled bacon till crispy
Fresh dusted bap cut in 1/2
Both insides thinly coated with Lurpak
Small sprinkling of grated red leicester cheese
& finally it HAS to be Heinz red sauce

Oh yeh baby ! :superman:

Reactions: Ghost and Charlie Farley
glad to see you don't put that nasty onion stuff in it...

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Perfect Bacon sandwich/roll is simply bacon, with the rind left on and a nice potato scone. No sauces whatsoever. :) x

Reactions: QuattroCalum, Audi Bairn, Ghost and 1 other person
I'm just waiting for someone to say they like chilli in there's .....that would be just wrong...wrongggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg....so wrong.

well quite a few variations so far peeps, all sound yum , but I cant help thinking that the best is just a nice bit of semi crispy bacon in a buttered soft roll or fresh bread sarnie and that's it, surely adding more bits and bobs and sauces kinda overpowers things and you loose the real bacon flavour.....anyway they all sound great....keep your suggestion coming, but please don't include the "O" veggy..lol

Reactions: martin1984 and Audi Bairn
Perfect Bacon sandwich/roll is simply bacon, with the rind left on and a nice potato scone. No sauces whatsoever. :) x
absolutely, no sauces....why would people drown the taste of the bacon?!

Reactions: Sandra

square sausage doesn’t roll down the mountain?

Reactions: Audi Bairn, CHEZ and BarryG79
I don’t enjoy a good bacon sandwich, without a good cup of tea to go with it.

I do like some tomato sauce with my crispy bacon. yumm!

:)

Reactions: jamiepaton5, jdp1962 and Audi Bairn
Nice well ****** smokey bacon
With a nice fat find still on
Brown sauce and maybe a runny egg
Hand cut poppy seed bread

Thick cut smokey back bacon that has only been 'shown' the grill so that the fat is still pale, with one of two toppings depending on my mood (either scrambled egg with plenty of black pepper, OR melted smoked cheddar), on a large soft white roll and definitely NO sauce. I'm afraid I have been known to put some fresh red chilli with the melted cheese too (sorry 'Just Rob')! :smiley:

Your all missing one big point
Which is it always taste better when somebody else makes it and you're sat back relaxing enjoying life

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: BarryG79 and Charlie Farley
Thick cut smokey back bacon that has only been 'shown' the grill so that the fat is still pale, with one of two toppings depending on my mood (either scrambled egg with plenty of black pepper, OR melted smoked cheddar), on a large soft white roll and definitely NO sauce. I'm afraid I have been known to put some fresh red chilli with the melted cheese too (sorry 'Just Rob')! :smiley:

I knew it, it was only a matter of time before someone owned up to putting chilli in....what are you like..lol

Your all missing one big point
Which is it always taste better when somebody else makes it and you're sat back relaxing enjoying life

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
spot on martin ....

Ach, you've no lived till you've had a cauld mince piece wi broon sauce! :sign yum:

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Bacon sandwich with a fried pancake on top

Reactions: martin1984
That is the last straw; it's bad enough that you're swapping the S4 for a hot hatch, but now you have gone too far. You, sir, are dead to me.

(Brown sauce forever!)
@jdp1962 - & I thought you loved me Jeff ... :slap:
lol