backseat removal?

emery1990

Reaction score
i was tampering with my seats to see how much they weighed..gave up on the fronts in a matter of minutes, couldnt see how they came off.

but then been told to take out the backs. i was just checking them and when i was pulling them out they was weighing close to nothing. i rekon about 5kg per seat.

anyone taken theres out and noticed a differwece. ?

My mates would notice a difference if I took mine out, I wouldnt.

Leave them in, you wont notice them. Plus it'll just look silly if you take them out too.

You'll be on about getting a 'show cage' soon :)

T

lol yer .. stuff having one of them,, saw some geeza i know with one in his saxo.!!

By removing the rears seats, spare wheel, sub and rears panels i shedded 80kg... its a whole person extra in weight and believe me, it made a pretty big difference to how quick my A3 was. the panels are all in again and i keep the seats in but when it comes to shows and trackdays and sprints, the seats always come out. The seat uprights are very weighty indeed...the bases weigh nothing though.

By removing the rears seats, spare wheel, sub and rears panels i shedded 80kg... its a whole person extra in weight and believe me, it made a pretty big difference to how quick my A3 was. the panels are all in again and i keep the seats in but when it comes to shows and trackdays and sprints, the seats always come out. The seat uprights are very weighty indeed...the bases weigh noghing though.

yer ive already taken my sparewheel out. not sure what the rear panels are though. probally a dumb thing to say! ill probally lighten it all down once i gets it running good enough for track days and ive got my self a lilttle run around car.

how do you take them out, i want to see how heavy they are and go for a drive. back seats

how do you take them out, i want to see how heavy they are and go for a drive. back seats

Backs - Fold them down, and you'll see the pins that hold them into the car, you need to flick the lock open with a flat screwdriver then the outside will lift up and you can wiggle the seat back off the pin in the centre. Watch you dont scuff your inside rear quarter pannels when wiggling the seat back about.

Bases - these just clip out, bend the wire frame out of the retaining lugs.

Shedding weight by removing the sub? You'd shed more weight by having a **** before you go for a drive!

took out the uprights, weighed in at just under 20kg, with seats to prob looking at 20 kg. so with wheel aswell i rekon about 45kg

Fooking heavy! Id guess at around 35-45kg each but thats just from trying to remember how much i struggled with them on my own!

Yep. A rather scary 36kg each!!

I have a complete set cluttering up my conservatory. Maybe I should hook them up and use as seating like they do on Top Gear.

Anyone got an old V8 block to use as a table?

Cheers,

Shedding weight by removing the sub? You'd shed more weight by having a **** before you go for a drive!

I just wanted to get rid of it really... I put a small amp in its place to power the rear speakers, and thats more effective than the sub ever was.

took out the uprights, weighed in at just under 20kg, with seats to prob looking at 20 kg. so with wheel aswell i rekon about 45kg

You Quattro boys get a ridiculous space saver spare don't you? mine was a full size spare so would account for the weight on its own