Back to Old School!

Hunty

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Not a long one and no during or before pics, was a quick one this morning. But thought I'd share this one. My Dad got an autoglym set with his life shine treatment on his Golf plus and says his Car cleaning days are behind him. So gave it to me, and today I finally got around to using some SRP. It was like seeing an old friend, But thought I'd add a little Carlack 68 NSC to the equation so It could be a one step polish. So hoping for the filling properties of the SRP andd the cleansing properties of the NSC, I set to it, claying the lower panels before I started with it, and washing of course!
I Finished it of with FK 1000p, a new experience for me and I'm extremely impressed with it, although as said before, its a ****** to see where you've been with it!
IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

The flake pop is great and the glossy look from the 1000p is exactly the look I wanted, this will be the way I detail the car for through-out the summer! Well happy with the look and using it, it was an absolute pleasure. Thanks to Jim from white details and a few others for getting me into mixing on the pad, stroke of genius! Nice one boys
Neil

Thanks guys,
Srp is still doing a great job, I think everyone should have an Autoglym day, it's where we all started, well, there and meguiars, and it isn't as far behind the professional use products as you would think! Plus using it on a DA is brilliant, you see the oxadisation and little tar spots that the clay didn't get totally disappear as you swipe past them, although that was probably the added extra of the carlack 68 nano-system-care (very similar product to the Jeffs wekstat prime).

Fair play, Hunty! I actually popped open the cap on my SRP a day or two ago now on a friends Fiesta ST in performance blue that'd been for bodywork & repairs.. Merely to clean up the compounding splatter etc, but, results were very pleasing!

A long, long time ago (..."when I can still remember...") I used SRP on DA and a finishing pad on a black Jaguar S-Type. Results speak for themselves..

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

:) !

Nice results again lad, looks superb.

Jim, have done the same myself as a finishing polish on a white Ph1 Cliosport. Came up a real treat!

Nice one jim, what speed did you apply it at? Thanks again for the mixing on the pad info in your posts, really did the job for me!

Thanks James, it's a ****** to get a good result from the colour, so am pleased as punch!

If I remember correctly it was Speed 5/5.5... Looking back, as said, it was a while ago now.. Maybe I should try it again sometime..

RE the mixing etc, I say if it works, stick with it. There might be others that say otherwise, but, really, the only way to learn and progress, is to try and experiment! :)

This the "a bit of Lime Prime on the pad to aid lubrication" trick that I read in a recent thread?

Looks good, silvers a ****** to get looking nice too but you've done it there for sure.

I think I sunburnt my eyeballs the other week when I polished my car....silvers reflect FAR too much sun right into your face...good way to get a tan though!

dunno about that one James but just saw Jim putting 2 different products on the same pad, looked a bit more into it, asked im a few q's and Paul off CYC forum and have done it a couple of times now with good results, but the audi detail was the best by a good margin.

Thanks tom, I know what you mean, it's like snow blindness! I can just see people now with their face over their silver cars to get a tan all in their face wrinkles, Like the women in crap 80's movies sunbathing with their foil reflective pieces of card, you heard it here first!

dunno about that one James but just saw Jim putting 2 different products on the same pad, looked a bit more into it, asked im a few q's and Paul off CYC forum and have done it a couple of times now with good results, but the audi detail was the best by a good margin.

Thanks tom, I know what you mean, it's like snow blindness! I can just see people now with their face over their silver cars to get a tan all in their face wrinkles, Like the women in crap 80's movies sunbathing with their foil reflective pieces of card, you heard it here first!

Yeah we're thinking of the same one pal. Good stuff. Tried it myself and worked well. There's only so much Megs Last Touch can do to help with lubrication!