Back in Love with my Audi - thanks to Nigel!

Jibaro

Reaction score
Even though my A3 has proved to be excellent, I've recently found myself involuntarily on the autotrader website looking for a new car. I rarely keep a car as long as a year, and I've had the Audi 18 months so she was on borrowed time!

But after a makeover yesterday from Nigel (NHN), the car's had a stay of execution! Now with a smart leather interior, lighting pack, centre armrest, aluminium trims, new gearknob, a fixed glovebox and most importantly an extinguished air-bag warning light, it feels like a new car! Well pleased with it, and the service and skill from Nigel was superb; top-drawer workmanship and attention to detail, and a really decent bloke too.

So back in love with the motor thanks to ASN's answer to Relate - NHN! :beerchug:

Reactions: Brodster
Nigel strikes again :p

Glad you're back in love with your car!!

I want to have his babies.

Thats fine. I am his agent now and we have a window at 6 O'clock tomorrow. We operate an artificial insemination program so if you could bring your JimJams, some strong pain killers and a funnel we should have you knocked up by 8.30 pm.

Reactions: big harty
funnel...!? that sounds painful, count me out :undwech:

very soon i'll be in touch with this Mr Nigel...once i get my new car!!

He's known to be somewhat of a top dog around here! not surprised at all

got any pics dude? :p

Haha this thread is brilliant!
Some serious love for the man himself :p

Ads failed to keep his appointment so rather than waste "it" we artificially inseminated the office hamster which was excellent as he has now repaired his wheel and fitted an auto dim mirror in his cage. :)

Please note: Clients should wait a week and then check themselves for VCDS or any other sexually transmitted diseases.

Last edited:
Even though my A3 has proved to be excellent, I've recently found myself involuntarily on the autotrader website looking for a new car. I rarely keep a car as long as a year, and I've had the Audi 18 months so she was on borrowed time!

But after a makeover yesterday from Nigel (NHN), the car's had a stay of execution! Now with a smart leather interior, lighting pack, centre armrest, aluminium trims, new gearknob, a fixed glovebox and most importantly an extinguished air-bag warning light, it feels like a new car! Well pleased with it, and the service and skill from Nigel was superb; top-drawer workmanship and attention to detail, and a really decent bloke too.

So back in love with the motor thanks to ASN's answer to Relate - NHN! :beerchug:

You my friend, are indeed very much welcome, was an absolute pleasure, to 1st meet you & 2nd to get your car sorted out, after being messed about by a seller & let down, it was only fitting we got you all setup correctly, you were extremely polite, supplied plenty of my lifeblood Tea, lunch, fantastic lovely family member dog & a lovely partner, was very much a great sunday, thoroughly enjoyed myself tbh.

Fixing the broken alum trims fixings was very satisfying tbh as I know these are expensive to replace, armrest went in well after me forgetting my socket set, whoops, lol, neighbours are great huh :p

Car looks allot better & drives well too, good days work for all & thankyou very much for the kind words, I'm glad to see you smiling from cheek to cheek fella, cause when I arrived & you had that lot to sort you wernt like that for sure, so its good to see the work has made someone happy to use there car again :)

Nigel strikes again

:ninja:

Nigel is THE MAN.

I try my best :)

Is there nothing this man cant do ?:yes:

Damn Paddy, shed load mate unfortunately, not enough years in our lives to do what I want to do lmfao.

I want to have his babies.

Stand in line, remember my missus is italian, so you're already fubar'd lol

nigel the legend

Thanks man, appreciated, I actually get enjoyment out of seeing people happy with there cars again.

Thats fine. I am his agent now and we have a window at 6 O'clock tomorrow. We operate an artificial insemination program so if you could bring your JimJams, some strong pain killers and a funnel we should have you knocked up by 8.30 pm.

LMFAO you crack me up man, every time, lmfao

very soon i'll be in touch with this Mr Nigel...once i get my new car!!

No worries, give me a shout when you want mate & I'll try to accomodate :)

Haha this thread is brilliant!
Some serious love for the man himself :p

Yeah I'm most appreciative of any feedback tbh, this is very nice of you guys, thanks very much :)

Nige is a very good friend of mine, I love him dearly.

He is indeed, top banana Nathan is :)

we all love nigel :)

:thumbsup:

Ads failed to keep his appointment so rather than waste "it" we artificially inseminated the office hamster which was excellent as he has now repaired his wheel and fitted an auto dim mirror in his cage. :)

Please note: Clients should wait a week and then check themselves for VCDS or any other sexually transmitted diseases.

He will get a failed appointment charge anyway lmfao

I think you might find i love him a tiny bit more :)

LMFAO

Reactions: big harty
Oh what would you know !!! this is a man thing :lmfao:

Ah damn I was hoping to relive my youth with you lmfao

Listen, trust me, she's a woman & yes they are real lmfao

Yea, i think she got the wrong end of the stick :) I know she 's a woman....Thats why she cant possibly love you in the Special way we do! :) its a man thing..ask Ads and Nat :)

TBH guys its more of the back office work I did to fix somethings, mostly areas you wouldnt see where the work was done, but I'm sure if Danny has time he will post something up, shame we didnt do before, during & after, but alas was a sunday afterall lol.

Ok, 1st go at uploading pics...
As Nigel says, the trickiest work is invisible, wiring, coding, repairing and the rest.
The pics don't do it justice but they were taken on my phone. Can't see my illuminated door pulls!

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

I have a perforated leather version of that steering wheel for sale. It looks so much better than the 4 spoke square thing they fitted later . no one seems to want it.

Got a pic you can show me paddy, if it goes with my new gearknob, I know a chap who could fit it for me lol!

i bet nigel was tempted to fit an rnse while he was at it :laugh:

lovely work mate...now swap your steering wheel to the one Paddy is selling and it will finish the interior upgrade i think.

the seats looks top!

Reactions: paddy
Got a pic you can show me paddy, if it goes with my new gearknob, I know a chap who could fit it for me lol!

Steeringwheel.jpg

:) its not really bashed on the sides, its just my photo cropping :)

One point is its got paddles. You are limited with what you can fit on the early A3 because of the single stage airbag

Last edited:
Yea, i think she got the wrong end of the stick :) I know she 's a woman....Thats why she cant possibly love you in the Special way we do! :) its a man thing..ask Ads and Nat :)

lol, I get the wrong end alot, must be because i'm upside down now lol!!! Good 'ole Nige, he has so much man love. Hey Nige, you found me a FBMFSW yet??? lol