Back again!! Now in a 2.5 b5 tdi v6

Gunny110

Reaction score
Hi all was in the forum a while back with my old tdi 90 now in an avant after a mk4 golf stint. Got the misses pregnant lol and with two dogs the golf was getting abit small. Any Info would be great as don't no much about the v6 tdi
980f60a637f88ed4a64c2121e5af74e5.jpg

Reactions: PAULF, slepy and Kevinb5
No Kevin she is only a fwd and I haven't got a lot of pennies at the moment but iv already put my rs4 reps on it jb, Iv blacked masked the front rings and its lowered on springs (there yellow) spax maybe? Err I plan to stick coilovers on but for now a service cambelt water pump and thermo as my temp and oil guards ain't working at the mo, any ideas lads? Wouldn't mind a map froint mount and straight threw. Then leathers sat nav ect tint rear windows. I also think she needs a clutch, the bit is right on the end of the peddle. And it's nice to be back on a friendly forum, miv no one spoke lol

@Gunny110 Welcome back. Nice car. Look forward to keeping track of your mods. Enjoy. :) x

I never spent much time on the mk4 golf forum. but yea I would agree there are a few car forums out there that unless you have been there from a way back at the start you are an outcast...
the mondeo forum is a bit like that. I found the Scottish mondeo forum a bit strange as well. some of the boys were good guys but 90% were a bit up there own anus.
the BMW forums are bit up them selves as well. they don't like new comers and if you don't stick to leaving it standard they can get a bit upset... unless you have been there from day dot...
if a newcomer goes on with something a bit different there ripped apart but if a long term member was to do the same thing then its the best idea since sliced bread...

where as here and the srs forum are a nice bunch.

Reactions: Kevinb5 and Sandra
Jb are you watching me!! Lol where are you haha, how you know that are we friends on FB? And yeah mate I put two or three post on the miv forum and not one reply I just thought what a load of rubbish this is, it's not even a forum you know? Unlike here there is a good bunch that help each other out and have a good old yap while doing it eh. Baby wise we had 3mnth scan Thursday just gone, that was mental!!

Also Sandra please do Il get some pics up tomorrow after a wash as my alloys are currently minging from oily hands while putting them on

Reactions: Sandra
Jb are you watching me!! Lol where are you haha, how you know that are we friends on FB? And yeah mate I put two or three post on the miv forum and not one reply I just thought what a load of rubbish this is, it's not even a forum you know? Unlike here there is a good bunch that help each other out and have a good old yap while doing it eh. Baby wise we had 3mnth scan Thursday just gone, that was mental!!

lol no I just remember you saying you had got a mondeo and then you had got the golf.. ( ive got you on whatsapp ) add me on FB if you want though mate. if you search jbh325i on there you will find me.
yea its a good feeling knowing you're going to become a parent. it gives you a complete new out look on life. just remember when you're choosing coil overs.. you'll have a baby on board.. I personally would go for a good set of lowering springs but that's just me

Yeah I will do bud, and it already has, I have an estate!! Lol it's on a set of springs now but I want the back a little lower tbh still abit hight, I like it all level

My little lad drifts right off in my car must be the vibrations from the solid mounts lol :sleeping:

Reactions: Kevinb5
Haha you guys!!yeah my little fella seems to be ok with coilovers and 35 section tyres .would love to see this with bigger nozzles,a fmic and straight through!if the tax wasn't so ridiculous over here I'd defo be looking into one! Well wear mate!

I mean for the 165 to buy the coilovers and the 130 odd for springs it makes sense to get the coilovers and my little lad or lass will be a vag lover from day one!! Lol

Reactions: Kevinb5
The top quality 'raceland' 'cough cough' coilovers that came on my b5 aren't actually that severe and any car ive been in that have fk or jom coilovers aren't much different than lowering spring,I found when you go more towards the jap import glanzas,civics,s14/15,evos or mivec lancers with teins,cusco or hks set ups they get really stiff and uncomfortable!

I had pro sports on my mk4 and tbh I didn't even notice them. Comfy and a good ride

I completely understand that one mate, how is he now getting better I hope?

Reactions: jbh
I completely understand that one mate, how is he now getting better I hope?
yea cheers Craig.
yea hes doing better but still have regular trips to the Edinburgh sick kids and a few other hospitals thrown in.
still have a long road to go and he will spend a lot of time in hospital sadly but hes such a happy wee chap during it all which is good. I just wish I could make it all better for him in the one go :(

Yeah I can see why you would, any parent would. But as long as he is happy and has a smile on his face that's all that matters mate.