1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Back Again... Noggy B5 S4

S4 Muzza Nov 11, 2018

1. Simon

Simon Registered User

New wheels look great

S4 Muzza likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. S4 Muzza

S4 Muzza oww! my giant blue head!

Cheers Simon!

4. S4 Muzza

Good news for any B5 S4/RS4 owners who're missing side skirt clips - they're still available! Noticed I was missing a few last time I had the car up in the air so was straight on the phone to Ayr Audi when I found out you could still get them. Part number in the photo for anyone else in need of some.

[​IMG]

In other news, I seem to have developed a problem for buying wheels, nice ones just keep popping up for sale a short drive from me. This week I picked up some 2 piece BBS RS795's. 18x8, et43 and crucially 5x112 which is pretty rare for this style of wheel. They're rough around the edges and in need of a complete overhaul, but they were cheap and they came with all four centre caps which is a bonus. The split rim bolts also look brand new and are all genuine BBS; they've possibly been replaced at some point in the past.

Unsure what I'll do with them at the moment as they wont be cheap to refurb, but if I do I think the Superturismo's will have to go, I simply don't have the space (or the need) for 4 sets of wheels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its such a nice OEM looking wheel.

[​IMG]

I developed a soft spot for this style several years ago after seeing something similar on this car

[​IMG]

Nitro_CR likes this.
  5. Simon

Simon Registered User

Gold/bronze centres on those would look awesome with the blue...

S4 Muzza likes this.
  6. midas

midas Registered User

Cool wheels them. You used to be on wheelwhores by chance? Lol. I have a friend down here like you, and his garage is absolutely full of wheels. All rare, all collectors pieces.

S4 Muzza likes this.
  7. S4 Muzza

yeah there are so many colour combos that would look great with this wheel. Lips will definitely be silver or polished but who knows what’ll happen with the centres.

8. S4 Muzza

Yes I’m trying my hardest not to end up like that. Should be fairly easy as my garage is only just big enough for the car never mind various sets of wheels! It’s only a recent thing, never owned more than one set of wheels for a car before. They just keep popping up at prices I can’t say no to!

9. S.Pellegrino

S.Pellegrino Member

Im loving your clean B5! SHUPERRR clean! I have 2 questions, if you don't mind me asking...

1) Where did you get your BBS center cap stickers back in Dec. 2018? If you can recall.. I have been trying to find some and coming up empty-handed

2) When you were restoring your brake calipers to a nice shiny red, how did you get that Brembo logo on there? Did you use a stencil of some sort?

Cheers
    S.Pellegrino

S4 Muzza likes this.
  10. S4 Muzza

Hi mate, thanks for the kind words. In response to your questions:

1) The centre caps were just from eBay. See link below. This is a different seller however they appear to be the exact same ones. They are 1 or 2mm smaller than the OEM ones but this was as close as I could find. They are actually aluminium plates, not stickers, which come with an adhesive backing but I also added some glue to ensure they don't come off. Been on the car around 2 years now and look as good as new so no complaints!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Stick...397138?hash=item48df8fee52:g:9cUAAOSwU2BeQUfX

2) Its just a white sticker/decal, again from eBay. I painted the callipers first, let them set, then added the decal. I then proceeded to add a few coats of clear lacquer which sealed them on. There may be better ways of doing this but it worked fine for me! There's literally thousands of options on eBay, I cant remember which ones I bought but something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Bremb...309708?hash=item2aef5a76cc:g:8g0AAOSwoMhfOFLE

Hope that helps!

11. S4 Muzza

Another year, another MOT pass, and another shamefully low number of miles covered. 1,375 in the last 12 months, and that includes a 600 mile 4-day trip down south to CJ's and to see family. Must try harder!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THQuattro, Nitro_CR, midas and 3 others like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Kevin Rook

Kevin Rook Kevooo1

Hi mate, I had a little blast with you today from the airport to whitletts. I was in a grey M135i. Searched by chance to see if I could find your car as they’re pretty rare. Just wanted to say your car looks absolutely minted, sounds unreal too

S4 Muzza and S3 Rav like this.
  14. S4 Muzza

First off impressive detective work haha!

I fair enjoyed that little blast, the car spends most of its time in the garage getting pampered so it’s nice to bump into someone on one of its rare outings. Certainly cleared a few cobwebs.

I think the cameras came just in time for me, I was definitely struggling to keep up. You done much to the BMW?

I’m glad to hear it sounds nice, always wondered how it sounded from the outside at full throttle. The exhaust system turned out a little louder than I was planning to be honest :tearsofjoy:

Kevin Rook likes this.
  15. Kevin Rook

Kevin Rook Kevooo1

Haha:tearsofjoy: saw the wheels and thought it had to be the same one

It was great! That’s good, it’s nice when you get the odd dry day to enjoy a drive.

Has it got no lift shift or anti-lag or something? When you changed gear the first time I actually ducked cause it was like getting shot at yeah it sounds perfect, any louder and I think it might ruin the tone a bit

Engine wise I’ve got a cobra sports cat, middle silencer delete, a JB4 and a pipercross panel filter and that’s it so far. But it’s an auto so that gave me an advantage. Apart from that I’d say it was pretty close.

I’d love to see the S4 close up, hopefully bump into you again sometime:grinning:

S4 Muzza likes this.
  16. S4 Muzza

Yes it has no lift shift mapped in, launch control too. I've not once used the lc as I don't think the clutch would thank me, and I very rarely flat shift for the same reason. But there is something deeply satisfying (and childish) about popping a few flames :tearsofjoy: I did it up the Sandgate in Ayr soon after I had the map done a couple of years ago- that was a big mistake. Had people ducking left right and centre, gave myself a fright too. I could probably count on two hands the amount of times i've used it since then haha.

Car looked nice too. I had a run in my mates many years ago (on the same stretch of road as it happens) and was impressed how fast it felt. It was a wet day though and it had me on the edge of my seat at the roundabouts!

Yeah no worries man, happy to meet up anytime, providing the roads aren't wet and salty of course :tearsofjoy: don't have much else to do these days anyway!

Kevin Rook likes this.
  17. Kevin Rook

Kevin Rook Kevooo1

I don’t blame you. Not worth the risk:grimacing: hahah oh man, yeah that would have been terrifying, echoing off the buildings:tearsofjoy:

Cheers. Yeah they’re quick standard. Haha I bet. Very twitchy in the wet, can be quite off putting to be honest but that’s part of the fun I guess.

Sounds good. Yeah if there’s a dry weekend in the next month or so I’ll give you a shout on here:smiley:

S4 Muzza likes this.
  18. S4 Muzza

Sounds good mate :icon thumright:

19. S4 Muzza

Some more goodies picked up this weekend from a fellow B5 owner just up the road from me. His car is for sale if anyone is looking, genuine guy and a good car for someone with a huge spares package included.

Anyway its a Whiteline 18mm rear arb, some polyurethane bushes and a pair of subframe reinforcement brackets. I'll also be picking up a set of RS2 metal drop links this week to replace the exiting ones. Started tidying up the support brackets today and i'll hopefully have a stab at fitting everything over the next few weeks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021 at 5:49 PM
  20. midas

midas Registered User

Why is it these cars are horrendously corroded on the rear suspension. Had a good look at mine underneath the rear today. Getting an idea of the next stages going forward.

I may have asked this before, but is yours lowered over standard?

21. S4 Muzza

Yeah they are getting bad for it, I see a lot of full rear end refurbs going on. I guess after 20+ years it’s inevitable but things are fortunately still looking respectable under mine for now....

I’m running KW V1 coilovers so not standard no. Plenty of adjustment left both up and down from the height in the photos, they’re set roughly at the midpoint just now.