1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Back Again... Noggy B5 S4

S4 Muzza Nov 11, 2018

1. S4 Muzza

S4 Muzza oww! my giant blue head!

Thanks mate appreciate it! I do love these cars, so much so that this is currently my 4th B5 S4. Not sure what it is but can’t stay away!

RyanJonS4 likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. S4 Muzza

Thanks for taking the time to have a nosey bud, hope you enjoyed it.

Think the RS2’s were the highlight of most people’s day to be honest!

4. Lowfield

Lowfield Member

Coming along nicely mate. Have you made up your mind re the carbon pillars? I'm tempted myself tbh. "J" on srs had it done on the interior parts on one of his rs's years back (red fleck) which looked different / great imo.

5. S4 Muzza

They have grown on me to be fair. Certainly no plans to remove them at the moment. When the sun catches them they're definitely a bit too blue but hey, it’s Scotland, the sun doesn’t catch anything much!

I’d definitely consider having some interior parts done if I could find someone who could match the standard blue weave, just don’t fancy having a mix and match!

6. Samuel c5 Q

Samuel c5 Q Active Member Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

The calipers must be light. I have a set of s4 calipers and they must be over 5kgs each. Just make sure the pistons are free, dust seals not ripped. Never fitted a set like that so not sure how the slide pins work on them. Clamp off the brake lines before you remove the old calipers to minimise fluid loss and then fit the new calipers. I always use blue/medium loctite on the carrier to hub mounting bolts. Hope I’m not telling you how to suck eggs here. Release the clamps and then bleed the calipers through. A plastic bag under the cap of the reservoir creates a vacuum which stops the fluid loss also.

7. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Great thread mate and a lovely car.

S4 Muzza likes this.
  8. S4 Muzza

Been a while since I posted an update on here!

Not much to report – had the car out here and there, still not doing very many miles. I was out for a little blast a few weeks back and got some nice photos along the coast near Dunure. Was a lovely crisp afternoon!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took the CH’s off last week and stuck the standard ones back on for winter. Probably a little pointless as it’ll no doubt end up spending most of its time in the garage over the next couple of months but its done now! I used to really like these wheels but they just don't compare to the BBS!

[​IMG]

The CH’s are still looking nice a fresh after a year or so on the car. So are the KW’s.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finished off with a quick wash before hibernation

[​IMG]

And that's all for another few months!

Samuel c5 Q, THQuattro and JG51 AUD like this.
  9. Goner

Goner Guest

Just gone through this thread from start to finish.. that is one good looking S4, a nice OEM+ theme going on... like it!

The two things which i really do not like is the red center caps and the MRC sticker, apart from that you're absolutely nailing it. :nogarors4:

S4 Muzza likes this.
  10. S4 Muzza

Thanks mate, OEM+ is the goal :icon thumright:
    I was torn between red and black centres myself but they tie in well with the red callipers.

11. S4 Muzza

Took a big parts delivery over Christmas for the cars upcoming belt change and everything that goes along with it. I'll be looking to have it all done sometime in the next few months. The cars only done around 12k since the last belt change but it's now due time wise.
    Big thanks to Richard at Crewe Audi - great to deal with and sorted me out with an excellent price.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. S4 Muzza

Passed the MOT today no issues! I’ve done less than 1,200 miles in it this year so wasn’t expecting any trouble. Just the one advisory for a stone chip on the windscreen - same one as last year

Promised myself I’ll drive it a little more this year...

Samuel c5 Q and JG51 AUD like this.
  14. S4 Muzza

Car got filthy en-route to the MOT station last week so pulled her out for a wash today. Feels like months since we had nice weather so took advantage of some dry time over the weekend. Back looking its best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Samuel c5 Q, Kayobong and JG51 AUD like this.
  15. Scarecrow

Scarecrow New Member

Looking good! It's a cracking car!

S4 Muzza likes this.
  16. S4 Muzza

Thanks mate, appreciate it!

17. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

Absolutely stunning car that!

S4 Muzza likes this.
  18. S4 Muzza

Thanks! Should hopefully be a couple more updates coming soon now that I’ve got all this free time on my hands!

S3 Rav likes this.
  19. S4 Muzza

Ok so, few things to catch up on!

Got the car out last Friday for the first time in more than 2 months, think I've successfully dodged the worst of the weather. Quick scan on VCDS just to be safe, no codes showing. Took it for a spin up to my mum and dads, only about a 30 mile round trip but it was great to have her out again.

[​IMG]

As it turns out I was lucky to get out for a drive with lock-down being declared a couple of days later!

Decided it was time to get the nice wheels back on too with the weather getting (slightly) better. Gave them another coat of GTechniq C5 and left them in the house overnight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then i thought I'd tackle the wheel wells this week, had some new discs and pads to go on the front so figured I'd get a few jobs done at once. Really happy with how it all turned out, massive improvement cosmetically!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully the weather will be decent this week and i'll be able to give it a proper wash, got filthy on its brief outing last week!

20. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

Lovely!

21. Nitro_CR

Nitro_CR Member

Great thread Muzza, read it from start to finish! I think the BBS wheels with the red caps actually complement the car quite nicely :icon thumright: Fitment is spot on too!

S4 Muzza likes this.
  22. S4 Muzza

Thanks mate appreciate the kind words! Glad you enjoyed the thread.

Nitro_CR likes this.
  23. S4 Muzza

Been nearly 2 months again since i've had the car out for a drive! So to cheer myself up I've bought some new goodies during lockdown.

Took delivery of a B5 RS steering wheel last week. Its in a poor state but I got it pretty cheap, so it'll be going off for a retrim this week. Had a quick test fit to make sure everything was in order before I go spending money it.

[​IMG]

And I also had these delivered a few days ago, some RS4 brushed aluminium mirrors. Been looking for a reasonably priced set of these for ages, hopefully get them fitted this week!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  24. S4 Muzza

RS mirror caps fitted over the weekend, really happy with them. Read a couple of how-to's before starting and both the guides I found suggested the 2 screws underneath the mirror had to be removed in order to remove the caps. And so my heart sank when went to do this and found the screws were in a really poor state. There was no way they were coming out.

Fortunately though, I managed to find a work around and after some head scratching I got them both off no issues without having to remove said screws, happy days!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So they now match the B5 Rs front grill surround and are also a much better match for the wheels, which are a satin finish.

25. S4 Muzza

Had her out for a little drive last night and ended up catching the sunset over the Isle of Arran, was absolutely beautiful. Not sure my old phone quite captured the moment but I tried!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sandra, Nitro_CR and JG51 AUD like this.
  26. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Cars looking amazing. :thumbs up:

S4 Muzza likes this.
  27. S4 Muzza

Cheers Sandra, appreciate it!

Sandra likes this.
  28. S4 Muzza

Just a little update, I picked up one of the VW Passat engine bay covers. It had already been trimmed in all the relevant places to fit the Audi, plus it was a fair chunk cheaper than new, so seemed like a no-brainer. I was a little on the fence about it at first seeing as its not an exact fit, but its grown on me a bit and definitely tidies up that side of the bay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. S4 Muzza

Got my B5 RS wheel back from Royal Steering Wheels this week and i'm over the moon with it. Had a slight issue when it first arrived last week - the centre marker wasn't in the centre - but in fairness to them they took it back and rectified it no questions asked. I hadn't really appreciated until now how a steering wheel can change the whole driving experience, it feels amazing. I've stuck an aftermarket badge over the original as it was completely faded, really happy with how it looks. Think it all fits in well with the OEM look i'm trying to maintain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rude not to include a little shot in the sun :sunglasses:

[​IMG]

JG51 AUD likes this.