Baby on board!!

I'm in agreement with both sides on this, but it's a person's choice if they wish to give up their seat or not. But I have have to agree with comments above, if a lady needs a badge to prove she is pregnant, then she doesn't need a seat anymore than many other travelers do. I'll happily give up my seat to a pregnant lady, but I certainly will not be told by a badge or anybody for that matter that I should.

I usually offer my seat to standing women whether they are pregnant or not, its known as being polite & courteous. You need to get a woman mate, might change ur mind then lol

I'll lift for a pregnant woman, and even though I find there stumbling about on the bus a little funny, I'll get up for the elderly, but just a regular woman. Sod that, I don't want to be sexist, they want equal rights, then there ya go.

but I certainly will not be told by a badge or anybody for that matter that I should.

Uh helllooooo, where does the badge say hey, get out of your seat as I've been given a mans DNA, it is upto if you want to be polite to the woman or not.

but just a regular woman. Sod that, I don't want to be sexist, they want equal rights, then there ya go.

Yeah & I bet if she was fit as feck you'd be a rat up a drainpiipe to be courteous to the woman, lmfao.

Uh helllooooo, where does the badge say hey, get out of your seat as I've been given a mans DNA, it is upto if you want to be polite to the woman or not.

Yeah & I bet if she was fit as feck you'd be a rat up a drainpiipe to be courteous to the woman, lmfao.

As id most likely be traveling with the Mrs , id be smacked round the ear for looking before my **** had left the seat.

lmfao thats good point lmfao, sunglasses mate & a white stick.

but I certainly will not be told by a badge or anybody for that matter that I should.

Uh helllooooo, where does the badge say hey, get out of your seat as I've been given a mans DNA

That's EXACTLY what the badge is saying! This is my whole point!

What other reason would they be wearing it? Just to boast about being pregnant.... but only to people on the tube?! I don't think so.

I think you still have some hate in those eyes for your missus from that day, lol, lighten up *** its a badge, end of, if you read more into it then maybe a psych evaluation is neccessary to see if your a danger to the badge wearing society. :nyah:

I'm not against giving up my seat for the needy it's more that I dont need a badge to be flashed at me to be able to make a decision on whether I think a women is pregnant. What did we do before these stupid badges existed?

Let me answer that, If a women doesn't look pregnant, then she doesn't need a seat as she isn't carrying much or any additional weight. My friend was still running 3 miles each morning before going to work up until 2 months gone!! The NHS actually advises (and promotes that you do) that you can carry on doing exercises such as running, walking, cycling etc etc up to the end of your second trimester (about 26 weeks). If you are able to do all of this then you can certainly stand on the Tube.

If a women is looking pregnant then she is carrying weight, then she may need to take the weight off her feet, ankles and back, this certainly does warrant a seat, and i'd be more than happy to offer mine.

The point of all of this is that I find it insulting to my intelligence that I need to make a judgement call based on a badge rather than my human nature and intuition as to whether I think somebody is needy more than I am for my seat.

I'd promote the idea if badges were handed out to women at say, 20 weeks or something similar...but then, do you really think they'd need one by then?

Last edited:
Bit of a resurrection..................

I was on the tube this morning sitting down reading my paper, there were no free seats but no one was standing. When it got to the next stop I didn't look up but heard people boarding and walking past where I was sitting. The train set off and after a few minutes I could hear a breathless grunting type noise. It was pretty loud as I could clearly hear it over the noise of the train in motion.
I looked up at the people standing near me but couldn't see the person responsible for the grunting. Carried on reading paper.
Train pulled into the next stop and I looked up again as I could still hear the grunting.
Looked down the isle and saw a man standing there. The grunting was coming from him. It was then obvious to see that he was suffering with MS or something like that as he was twitching and shaking uncontrollably all over the place. He was holding on to an overhead pole but it was easy to see he was having a bad time of trying to stay on his feet.
I had a look at the other people sitting between where I was and where he was standing. There were about 8 seated people, all no older than their 30's. I wondered why none of them had offered their seats to this guy. All of them were staring blankly into the blackness beyond the tube windows. It was an obvious attempt at avoiding eye contact so they wouldn't have to offer up their seat.

If i'm honest I didn't want to give up my seat either. 1) Because I wanted to read my paper and it's hard to do that standing up whilst trying to hold on to a pole, and 2) because there were at least 8 other people seated between me and this guy who really should've offered up their seat to him as he was shakily standing directly in front of them.

Anyway, I tried to continue reading my paper believing that one of these people would give up their seat, even though they hadn't after him standing there for almost 10 minutes so far. But I couldn't concentrate on reading though, all I could do was read each word printed in my newpaper individually but couldn't understand them as a sentence. This was a result of feeling sorry for this guy and feeling angry at the people sitting right under his nose not giving up their seat to some who REALLY needed it.

I couldn't take it anymore so I waved my hand to get his attention and offered him my seat. He smiled and made his way back down the isle towards me. One of the seated people between him and me had to move their bag so he could get past.
He sat in my seat, said thanks, and I went and stood in his place.

All of a sudden, as if by magic, all of the people seated near to where he was standing came back to life. Their eyes started moving again, looking around the carriage and at other passangers.
A couple of the seated people looked up at me, I looked down at them, shook my head, opened my newspaper to the page I was reading when seated, and almost stacked it as the train skipped to the side.

So, yes I do hate women with baby on board badges, but I've now found out how much more I hate seated people who won't offer their seat when they obviously really should. :gun2:

Yeap very well said & honestly aswell, some people are just ****** selfish mate, all they think about are themselves, I help people day in/out of my own freewill, but I ask for help my way sometimes & I get sweet FA, after a while you start to get peed of with it, but I still keep to my morals as much as I can, I would have offered my seat immediately given my knee pain is no where bad as someone suffering from that affliction.

I commend you mate, nice one fella, seriously.

Those people should be ****** ashamed of themselves & I would have said to them aswell, bet you feel great about yourselves not helping the guy out huh, hate people like that, really do!!!!!!

You should play the "Make 'em move" game from Balls of Steel, then enforce the move-your-feet-lose-your-seat rule.
Everyone's happy!
The selfish oiks are made obvious to everyone, the bloke who needs a seat gets it and you get a giggle at someone elses expense...

Yeap very well said & honestly aswell, some people are just ****** selfish mate, all they think about are themselves, I help people day in/out of my own freewill, but I ask for help my way sometimes & I get sweet FA, after a while you start to get peed of with it, but I still keep to my morals as much as I can, I would have offered my seat immediately given my knee pain is no where bad as someone suffering from that affliction.

I commend you mate, nice one fella, seriously.

Those people should be ****** ashamed of themselves & I would have said to them aswell, bet you feel great about yourselves not helping the guy out huh, hate people like that, really do!!!!!!

:iagree: Agreed and cheers! :icon_thumright:

You should play the "Make 'em move" game from Balls of Steel, then enforce the move-your-feet-lose-your-seat rule.
Everyone's happy!
The selfish oiks are made obvious to everyone, the bloke who needs a seat gets it and you get a giggle at someone elses expense...

:lmfao:

Bit of a resurrection..................

I was on the tube this morning sitting down reading my paper, there were no free seats but no one was standing. When it got to the next stop I didn't look up but heard people boarding and walking past where I was sitting. The train set off and after a few minutes I could hear a breathless grunting type noise. It was pretty loud as I could clearly hear it over the noise of the train in motion.
I looked up at the people standing near me but couldn't see the person responsible for the grunting. Carried on reading paper.
Train pulled into the next stop and I looked up again as I could still hear the grunting.
Looked down the isle and saw a man standing there. The grunting was coming from him. It was then obvious to see that he was suffering with MS or something like that as he was twitching and shaking uncontrollably all over the place. He was holding on to an overhead pole but it was easy to see he was having a bad time of trying to stay on his feet.
I had a look at the other people sitting between where I was and where he was standing. There were about 8 seated people, all no older than their 30's. I wondered why none of them had offered their seats to this guy. All of them were staring blankly into the blackness beyond the tube windows. It was an obvious attempt at avoiding eye contact so they wouldn't have to offer up their seat.

If i'm honest I didn't want to give up my seat either. 1) Because I wanted to read my paper and it's hard to do that standing up whilst trying to hold on to a pole, and 2) because there were at least 8 other people seated between me and this guy who really should've offered up their seat to him as he was shakily standing directly in front of them.

Anyway, I tried to continue reading my paper believing that one of these people would give up their seat, even though they hadn't after him standing there for almost 10 minutes so far. But I couldn't concentrate on reading though, all I could do was read each word printed in my newpaper individually but couldn't understand them as a sentence. This was a result of feeling sorry for this guy and feeling angry at the people sitting right under his nose not giving up their seat to some who REALLY needed it.

I couldn't take it anymore so I waved my hand to get his attention and offered him my seat. He smiled and made his way back down the isle towards me. One of the seated people between him and me had to move their bag so he could get past.
He sat in my seat, said thanks, and I went and stood in his place.

All of a sudden, as if by magic, all of the people seated near to where he was standing came back to life. Their eyes started moving again, looking around the carriage and at other passangers.
A couple of the seated people looked up at me, I looked down at them, shook my head, opened my newspaper to the page I was reading when seated, and almost stacked it as the train skipped to the side.

So, yes I do hate women with baby on board badges, but I've now found out how much more I hate seated people who won't offer their seat when they obviously really should. :gun2:

this is very interesting yet not suprising. since i had my accident i have been unable to walk without a stick, the amount of people that are rude and automaticly think your retarded just coz you need a stick. push past you and push into you just to get past because im walking slightly slower than they are. on the other hand, there are also alot of very nice people that hold the door and give you that extra second to get past. Peoples attitudes stink in this country, its sad really. on topic tho, as i said at the start of this thread, pregnent women who milk it get on my nerves. your carrying, your not ill or going to die. if you need to sit down, just ask! feck off with ya badge!

However.....sometimes when you do try to be nice, it just doesnt work.

Im the kind of guy that will always be willing to help out, holding doors op, giving eats up etc....however, one day i was in the petrol station, just paid and there was a guy in front of me with two walking stick, obviously disabled and struggling, so half way through paying I could see he was having a hard time getting the door open, so i offiered kindly and just said "are you ok there mate, can i get the door for you?"

Only to be rudely told, "im ok thanks, i dont need your help, there is nothing wrong with me!!!"

Maybe its denial and one of those situations where there are those people out there that want to be able to do things themselves, which I dont have a problem with, but if you do want to do that, then no need to snap at me is there?

Nope, you wernt wrong in what you did mate IMHO, but if you hadnt of helped etc then would you of got a ****** look or comment from someone & the guy obviously has a chip on his shoulder to be like that, he could say, thanks mate but I'm ok, but its kind of you, like most normal people who like to do things for themselves.

those sorta people are arrogant. whats the point of snapping at someone coz they offered to help. thats just stupid and rude.

I dont like being like this, but at the end of the day, i refuse to stop working, i refuse to sit indoors feeling sorry for my self sponging off the state, and i refuse to think i cant do things i used to. only thing i cant do any more is my martial arts. Hey ho.. im still breathing and have a wife and 2 kids to care for. Some disabled people are so anal! lol If someone want to help me coz im struggling, then thanks. im a strong beliver (spelling) in karma. nuff said!

I suppose it's better to actually be disabled and refuse the help that to not be diabled and demand the help.

Kinda like some mental chinese/japanese bird who used to come into the pub when I worked there. Sat in a wheelchair all day everyday, but pulled herself along with her feet (have got a video somewhere). We lost the key to the disabled toilet one afternoon, or rather some pikey ran off with it, so she stood up, walked upstairs and used the normal toilets. She then proceeded to ask me if I could push her to the other end of town to get a taxi.
I did my best not to laugh as I told her an nicely as I could "No, I'm working" and watched her try to wheel herself out of the pub having had the tyres on one side of her wheelchair let down by a couple of our regulars whislt she was upstairs.
We eventually bar'ed her for being a racist cnut, but that's another story...

Funniest thing I have ever seen. Period.

P.S. I'll try and get the video off my gf's old phone 'cos to be honest, I wouldn't beleive that story without proof either if I hadn't seen it first hand!