Baby on board!!

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
So the latest craze to sweep the London Underground is the Baby on Board badge.

babyjk.jpg

Women walk the tube brandishing these badges in the hope and expectation that they'll be offered a seat.

Ok, fair enough, you're preggers, but I'm sorry, if you've been fertilised such a short time ago that a one inch in diameter badge is a more obvious sign that you are pregnant than your stomach is then you don't need a seat any more than anyone else.
And if the reason we can't see you are pregnant is because you are too fat then you're better off standing up for the exercise.

Don't these women who wear these badges have any shame?!
I think it takes a particular type of woman to wear one of these badges. And they usually have a sour 'the world owes me a favour' face to go with their stupid badge.
I've seen about five of them so far. Each one had a sour face.

Men, if your other half has or is thinking about donning one of these badges (or a regional equivalent).... have a word!!

Why dont you try wearing one, that would confuse the hell out of them...lol!! ;)

haha I've seen a few of these badges being represented around town too on the underground. I would love to give my tube seat up for them, if i could flaming well get one to start off with!! I travel on the london underground everyday to work, once I had crutches when i broke my toes and once in a cast when i broke my arm.....Did i get a seat offered to me? Did i heck!! So good luck with wearing a stupid little badge like that!

I would love to give my tube seat up for them, if i could flaming well get one to start off with!!

That is so true mate. I have to fight hard to get my seat, so for me to give it up it's going to take a lot more than "the badge".
I won't even consider it unless faced with a woman who is at least thirteen months pregnant.

Yeap & you will all be changing your stace when your nipper is on route I can assure you & even before my missus announced to me, I was in the same mindset of give them a seat.

What you may also need to bare in mind is the fact some of these women may have gone through hell & back to get pregnant, some may have had miscarraiges & to take weight of there feet is good for them, many reasons, yes some are just following the fad, but I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt even with my ****** knees, prefer to have aching legs for a tube ride than be a selfish tosssseeerrrr & I used to work in town everyday running from tube to tube so I understand what you boys are saying.

But when you do have your kids, I'll see you back here eating humble pie if your missus uses the tube, lmfao

I usually offer my seat to standing women whether they are pregnant or not, its known as being polite & courteous. You need to get a woman mate, might change ur mind then lol

Yeap & you will all be changing your stace when your nipper is on route I can assure you & even before my missus announced to me, I was in the same mindset of give them a seat.

What you may also need to bare in mind is the fact some of these women may have gone through hell & back to get pregnant, some may have had miscarraiges & to take weight of there feet is good for them, many reasons, yes some are just following the fad, but I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt even with my ****** knees, prefer to have aching legs for a tube ride than be a selfish tosssseeerrrr & I used to work in town everyday running from tube to tube so I understand what you boys are saying.

But when you do have your kids, I'll see you back here eating humble pie if your missus uses the tube, lmfao

My missus has been there and we've got the 5 year old 't-shirt' to prove it!

But yeah, when she was pregnant she was grateful to anyone who was kind enough to give up their seat. But she didn't expect it or beg for it by wearing a stupid badge.
And this is where my problem lies.
I'll always give up my seat to someone who needs it. And you're right, even someone who is 2 days pregnant could need a seat, but to wear a badge...... nah man, that just makes me want them to stand there and look at me through envious eyes sitting down snoozing away.

I especially hate the ones who stand in front of your with their badge, giving you a dirty look because you haven't got up in the 0.5 seconds they have given you to read the badge/react/brain tells you hands to fold your newspaper and legs to get up.
And how do they know that even though you look young and healthy that you don't have a condition that gives you the spine of a 115 year old bottom shelf stacker.

Can't stand 'em!!!!!!

Considering the other thread of yours today which involved nearly throttling your missus, you sure its not just a period day for you mate, go grab a tampax & sort it out

Considering the other thread of yours today which involved nearly throttling your missus, you sure its not just a period day for you mate, go grab a tampax & sort it out

:think: It is a bit I guess. :happy:

Only another 2 hours then I can find more people to hate on the tube home :eyebrows:

But what do I do with the tampax???? Throw it at women wearing the badge?!?!

lmfao, do you really want suggestions, no mate tampax has a tube, so complain about that one instead lol

Saucer of milk.... Table 2.....

Lol. :)

I usually offer my seat to standing women whether they are pregnant or not, its known as being polite & courteous. You need to get a woman mate, might change ur mind then lol

Where do you live mate? I'm assuming not in London.
The women that ride the London Underground are evil.

Yeah, for you it starts and ends at giving up your seat to them. But to them this is only the beginning. Next they will be eyeing up your newspaper, then you'll find them edging your feet out of the way so they can stretch out, then comes the dirty looks because you gave a tiny tiny tiny cough, and lastly they will elbow you in the stomach as they make their way to the tube doors one stop before their stop just so they can be first off and up the escalators, standing in the middle of it so no one else can pass!

Witches, the lot of 'em!

Yeah, for you it starts and ends at giving up your seat to them. But to them this is only the beginning. Next they will be eyeing up your newspaper, then you'll find them edging your feet out of the way so they can stretch out, then comes the dirty looks because you gave a tiny tiny tiny cough, and lastly they will elbow you in the stomach as they make their way to the tube doors one stop before their stop just so they can be first off and up the escalators, standing in the middle of it so no one else can pass!

Witches, the lot of 'em!

I dream of an underground where the only women allowed on are naked, and have to pass a 'fitness' test.

....sigh.

That should be one of David Cameron's Campaign promises.... Then I'd vote for him - even knowing it was rubbish! lol

Witches, the lot of 'em!

rofl, thank god i don't live in londonville then :)

I cant disagree with that, lol, talk about trout pouts & miserable feckers alot of them, but still wouldnt sit there with bird whose preggers standing in front of me, just shows your manners tbh & courteousy, so glad I dont do that anymore I tell yer, you'd be sweating blood before you'd even got to your office doors.

Sounds like you need to find one of those backstreet london shops mate & relieve some stress, ASA-******-P lmfao

but still wouldnt sit there with bird whose preggers standing in front of me, just shows your manners tbh & courteousy

All they've got to do is not wear "the badge" and then it's all love on the Aythreee tube!

I wish you luck with that, telling all those pregnant women on tube to stop wearing there stupid badges, mate book your cemetery spot now cause your life would be over, lmfao

I wish you luck with that, telling all those pregnant women on tube to stop wearing there stupid badges, mate book your cemetery spot now cause your life would be over, lmfao

lol... Probably.

But this badge is only the thin end of the wedge. It's got to be stopped before it goes too far, or next we'll be seeing people wearing badges saying stuff like...........

"Give me your seat because I had a dodgy curry last night and a sea of brown stuff is about to burst its banks unless I sit on something to stem the flow!"

So the latest craze to sweep the London Underground is the Baby on Board badge.

babyjk.jpg

Women walk the tube brandishing these badges in the hope and expectation that they'll be offered a seat.

Ok, fair enough, you're preggers, but I'm sorry, if you've been fertilised such a short time ago that a one inch in diameter badge is a more obvious sign that you are pregnant than your stomach is then you don't need a seat any more than anyone else.
And if the reason we can't see you are pregnant is because you are too fat then you're better off standing up for the exercise.

Don't these women who wear these badges have any shame?!
I think it takes a particular type of woman to wear one of these badges. And they usually have a sour 'the world owes me a favour' face to go with their stupid badge.
I've seen about five of them so far. Each one had a sour face.

Men, if your other half has or is thinking about donning one of these badges (or a regional equivalent).... have a word!!

Idiot....

Do you park in Parent and Child spaces or Disabled bays also!

i gotta agree about preggas woman. my missis has been there twice, both times she has worked up until a few weeks before she dropped. you are preggus, not disabled, not porley, so why act like your someone who needs special attention?? Well done, you opened ya legs and got fertilized, now deal with it!!! Dont get me wrong, if i used public tansport i would give my seat up for a woman if they was up the duff or not, as someone has already said, its politness. Women that bitch and go on about being preggas (the sort that would have one of these gash badges) wind me up, if you cant live with the berdon, keep em shut simples!

And yes i park in kiddy parking spaces coz i have 2 kids and yes i park in blue badge spaces too cos i broke my back. I dont have a badge telling everyone (broken vertebrae on board) do i now??

P.S Respect to all women that have popped one out.... it does look like it mite sting a bit! lol

Last edited:
and yes i park in blue badge spaces too cos i broke my back. I dont have a badge telling everyone (broken vertebrae on board) do i now??

Hahahahahahahaha!!! I'd give you my seat for that comment alone!! :laugh:

Idiot....

Do you park in Parent and Child spaces or Disabled bays also!

:huh: There's always one twit who totally misses the point.

And just for the record, yes I do also park in parent and child spaces, because 1) I am a parent, and 2) I have a child.

(Thought I'd add number 2 just in case you couldn't work it out from number 1. :icon_thumright:).

Whats this "underground" you speak of? Where I live in the Shropshire countryside, we are lucky to see a bus into town!

I have a car, an Audi could you guess? Public transport......thats for people who moan about the fuel consumption in their 3.2's!

Funny thread this Eythree your on form ..lol ..., Them badges would do my head in i would check for a bump if i could'nt see one then i wouldnt be getting up either , i used to get public transport and i effin hated it ...I just wanted to kill everyone on the bus , I hated my job the overtime , i used to get wasted nearly everynight to handle it and wake up ****** and get back on the bus ..Thank god almighty i left that job it probably saved my life and i can honestly say i wont ever use public transport again or il probably snap....

i agree with aythreee.there aint no need for pregnant women to wear a badge whats the point!!!!! some times i wished i lived back in london cos its f**king bonkers..lol

I wear a badge when im driving and its says "get the f***k out of my way" but it doesnt seem to work.

I'd give up my seat on public transport for someone heavily pregnant, elderly or disabled or maybe a woman if she was fit but wearing some silly badge takes the p*ss...

I wear a badge when im driving and its says "get the f***k out of my way" but it doesnt seem to work.

Try wearing one of these then mate, usually works lol

Try wearing one of these then mate, usually works lol

Right who's for a group buy we gotta couter act the threat this will get you a seat where ever you want ....

Im getting 300 made 20 pound a badge ..who's in

http://johnnylegendlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/super-******.jpg

Last edited:
Surely its a health risk for a pregant woman to go on the subway anyhow???? Its easily been 15 years since I last was in London & the subway was horrific back then (the sweaty smell was overpowering!).

Sweat is last thing to worry about on the tube, gotta battle it tomorrow on route to scunthorpe

They did an analysis of seats on the London Underground:

During Autumn of 2000, a team of scientists at the Department of Forensics at University College London removed a row of passenger seats from a Central Line tube carriage for analysis into cleanliness. Despite London Underground's claim that the interior of their trains are cleaned on a regular basis, the scientists made some alarming discoveries.

The analysis was broken down. This is what was found on the surface of the seats:
  • 4 types of hair sample (human, mouse, rat, dog)
  • 7 types of insect (mostly fleas, mostly alive)
  • vomit originating from at least 9 separate people
  • human urine originating from at least 4 separate people
  • human excrement
  • rodent excrement
  • human semen
When the seats were taken apart, they found:
  • the remains of 6 mice
  • the remains of 2 large rats
  • 1 previously unheard of fungus
It is estimated that by holding one of the armrests, you are transferring, to your body, the natural oils and sweat from as many as 400 different people.
It is estimated that it is generally healthier to smoke five cigarettes a day than to travel for one hour a day on the London Underground.
It is far more hygienic to wipe your hand on the inside of a recently flushed toilet bowl before eating, than to wipe your hand on a London Underground seat before eating. It is estimated that, within London, more work sick-days are taken because of bugs picked up whilst travelling on the London Underground than for any other reason (including alcohol).

Probably a hoax, but it still makes you think how much of it is true. From what I've seen on the tubes over the years, quite a lot I reckon.