B9 S4 whining

Lee58

Reaction score
Hi guys, i was coming down the gearbox the other day using the paddles and noticed a whining, (sounds very much like a supercharger whine) just wondering if anyone has heard of this happening before? The car has 34500 miles on it and a tuning box.

Reactions: Chris S 1245
I had similar sound recently ... whining sound that changed pitch with speed , just audible. wheel bearing starting to go...

I've got a feeling mines got the wheel bearing going too, I notice a similar sound. 34500 miles on the clock too. I'll have to get it checked out soon

I have a similar sound coming from the back of my car, however it is very particular and only makes the sound between 30-35mph when power is going to the wheels. As soon as you take the power off and roll the sound goes. Had it looked at 2 weeks ago by Audi and they said it’s a complete rear diff change. So it’s booked in for 4 days next week to have it done.

Hi guys, i was coming down the gearbox the other day using the paddles and noticed a whining, (sounds very much like a supercharger whine) just wondering if anyone has heard of this happening before? The car has 34500 miles on it and a tuning box.
I posted a thread about this About a week or 2 ago exactly like yours a supercharger whine. But mine was during hard acceleration and braking.

Reactions: Kondax
I noticed it again when accelerating the other day. For me it happens at higher speeds, I'm sure I'd heard somewhere that there was an issue with the sports diff but not 100% sure. Might pop into Audi and see if they can help.

I've seen a few people mention it was wheel bearings - I don't have sports diff and sometimes hear it.