B9 S4 Tuning Options

CJP80

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Ok, so I'm starting to feel the itch. Anyone used the MTM Cantronic or Abt equivalent?

Anyone remapped or considering it?

Reactions: Daggerit
DTUK have a tuning box available for a fraction of the price that's been dyno'd at 407PS, I don't know if that's an option for you too?

I don't know about remap options, has the ecu been cracked? I don't know the details to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A remap will immediately flag up a TD1, http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/td1-warranty-and-a-tale-of-woe.273664/ whereas a tuning box will not however it maybe possible for a technician to read the ecu code and see some readings beyond its normal parameters. However I haven't heard of this happening.

Depends upon whether you wish to preserve the warranty I guess...

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Daggerit
Based on how long it has taken to crack previous ECUs, it may be years, not months, before a B9 S4 remap is available.

Nah it won't be that long. MRC are working on it as we speak!

Don't believe they do tunning boxes just live maps

The MTM solution appears to be much cheaper than the Abt. These seem to interface with the ECU as opposed to just the intercept and modify type. Not sure what the differentiatiors are.

MTM from previous experience is horrific. Having previously owned both MTM and DTUK, I can confirm that DTUK is far ahead in terms of power and driveability.

The MTM was a huge waste of money.

The ABT will be incredible but the cost is insane

Reactions: CJP80
Your not the only one to find that with the MTM tunning boxes esp on the rs3 avoid

Reactions: CJP80