B9 S4 Info Thread

Looks like my dream of the RS4 has died a death due to going to my daughters college and finding how much the residential charges are, so now I am looking at the S4 Avant. You have to weigh the dealer discounts overall rather than the OTRP. I am currently in a Q7 that ended up costing me close the what I was looking at for a Landrover Discovery Sport that was nearly £18k less. I'll stick with my local(ish) dealer if I buy on PCP again.

Spoke to my dealer who said first cars would be coming through as early as November.
I'm a little disappointed that all the reviews aren't particularly positive of the S4 or its main competitor that I was also thinking of, the MB C43 AMG - Autocar even said best to buy a Porsche Macan S

2 years delivery? - was quoted 4/5 months for Diesel S / Petrol GTS a few weeks ago but wanted to see where the S4 / AMG C43 was going to bit positioned and fancied getting back into an estate after 7 years of Q5 ownership

Just for info I went to order an s4 today, the black styling pack is not available in the U.K. It's another printing error in the brochure. This A4/S4 brochure looks very rushed together, there are some awful mistakes in it.
The sales person is getting in touch with Audi for more info, the black pack is a must for me personally. If they can't offer it I will cancel the order. Mb c43 with night pack might be back in the picture.

With regards to the Macan S, isn't that an SUV type vehicle? Don't get how it's a comparable alternative to an S4/C43? Plus a totally different price point and by other comments lead times are ridiculous. It would be slightly dated by the time it arrived. Two years is crazy if that's true.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
This A4/S4 brochure looks very rushed together, there are some awful mistakes in it.
It's understandable - they didn't have much time between announcing the S4 and now to be able to prepare it. :)

Reactions: Brasso
Spoke to my dealer who said both the Saloon and Avant will be 354 PS,
I'm going to wait to see the launch of the new Q5 next week before making a decision but Orange Wheels quoted a £6289 discount (if taking finance) on a £53,860 Avant and Audi finance on the S4 Avant is at 3.90% APR which is starting to swing me towards the S4 Avant

Anybody had any offers from Carwow yet? I've had nothing through.

What subtle mods do people have in mind? I'm thinking Eibach springs, lowered/spacers and hopefully Remus catback comes out in time. Not fussed about remap.

Another slight concern is the privacy glass. It comes with acoustic glazing on front side windows. This is no doubt going to impact quite heavily on cabin/exhaust sound.

Last edited:
One offer from carwow. 9.6% off a 52,800ish spec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One offer from carwow. 9.6% off a 52,800ish spec.

Not too bad. Orange Wheels seems pretty good. My dealer is being pretty damn generous (as posted earlier this month). Just putting the build deposit together now to place my order on a £52,070 spec. 'Must' beat that 2017 tax hike!

Just for info I went to order an s4 today, the black styling pack is not available in the U.K. It's another printing error in the brochure. This A4/S4 brochure looks very rushed together, there are some awful mistakes in it.
The sales person is getting in touch with Audi for more info, the black pack is a must for me personally. If they can't offer it I will cancel the order. Mb c43 with night pack might be back in the picture.

With regards to the Macan S, isn't that an SUV type vehicle? Don't get how it's a comparable alternative to an S4/C43? Plus a totally different price point and by other comments lead times are ridiculous. It would be slightly dated by the time it arrived. Two years is crazy if that's true.

Black styling pack available as an option on Orange Wheels. Strange...

About to pull the trigger but undecided on colour/trim. The magma interior is stunning. Easily the best out of the three options. But I'm loving the Misano red. Red on red is just too garish though.

What do you guys think? Which combo? I was hoping for Ara Blue to be available but sadly not and not paying crazy money for a colour.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 366
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 354
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 356
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 352
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 347
Second one would be my preference.

Second one would be my preference.

Yeah the combination is great isn't it? Just seen a video on YouTube of the S5 in Misano and looking out onto that colour looks more aggressive. Genuinely surprised the S Super Sports seats are standard. They're awesome.

I pulled the trigger last week - went for black everything. I think the dark exterior and the red seats in the second one look awesome too though!

Reactions: Despretine and Thundercliffe81
I pulled the trigger last week - went for black everything. I think the dark exterior and the red seats in the second one look awesome too though!

Nice work, I look forward to seeing the first pics!

How long did they quote you until delivery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work, I look forward to seeing the first pics!

How long did they quote you until delivery?

They've said mid to end of December. This is going to be the most agonising wait ever!

The dealer told me Audi are saying by the end of the month, the wait will be 6 months. This was after I'd paid the deposit so he didn't need to sell it to me, but you never know how much truth there is in these things.

Great news, thanks for the quick reply!

I don't think I'll be ordering until the middle of next year so I'll just have to risk it. When I ordered my A4 last time I was told 6 months and it appeared in 3 so you never know...

Reactions: pierreluigi88 and Thundercliffe81

Daaaaaaaamn. Someone went and did it. Black everything? I thought the black pack wasn't available? What options did you go for?

You're right - there's no black pack yet. I just went for the Mythos paint and black interior. I kept the brushed silver trim too - I think the black / silver combination you end up with inside and out looks great.

Spec:
Light & Vision pack
Flat bottom mfsw
Memory seats & mirrors
B&O
Advanced key
Driver assistance tour
Parking assistance advanced
Damper control
Sports diff
19" S4 alloys
Hill hold assist
Privacy glass
Folding tow bar

I can't tell you how excited I am!! (and I have to keep it all in or the missus will kill me for banging on about it all the time :)

You're right - there's no black pack yet. I just went for the Mythos paint and black interior. I kept the brushed silver trim too - I think the black / silver combination you end up with inside and out looks great.

Spec:
Light & Vision pack
Flat bottom mfsw
Memory seats & mirrors
B&O
Advanced key
Driver assistance tour
Parking assistance advanced
Damper control
Sports diff
19" S4 alloys
Hill hold assist
Privacy glass
Folding tow bar

I can't tell you how excited I am!! (and I have to keep it all in or the missus will kill me for banging on about it all the time :)

Haha. That's a monster spec! Very expensive I'm sure. Can't have been far off the £60k mark surely? Good discount? Can't wait to see pics when it's delivered!

My lady friend is well versed in my YouTube auto obsession. She's a patient woman. Phew.

Not quite as bad - list price was £54k, and the kind of discounts you see on Orange Wheels are achievable at a main dealer if you do PCP.

The main help for me is that my outgoing S3 8P2 gives me a fairly decent deposit. I love how little it has depreciated!

Not quite as bad - list price was £54k, and the kind of discounts you see on Orange Wheels are achievable at a main dealer if you do PCP.

The main help for me is that my outgoing S3 8P2 gives me a fairly decent deposit. I love how little it has depreciated!
Yeah I just specced yours on the configurator. Nice!

My deposit is small which is limiting my options. My S4 still got some equity in it though. Not too bad. Sport diff pushing me out of my comfort zone monthly wise. I know, I know...a 'must' have and all that haha. Driven the new A4 3.0 Tdi and to be honest, the chassis is very sorted compared to my S4. Just felt lighter. More adjustable in the corners and way less understeery. So, I'm not sure if miss it to be fair.

Tbh the only must have option is the flat bottom steering wheel, otherwise there's just no point getting the car :)

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Brasso and A4B9
Tbh the only must have option is the flat bottom steering wheel, otherwise there's just no point getting the car :)

Haha :smiley: I'm sure that's the only must have. I think I've put it to the floor before but would you choose the sports diff over the adaptive suspension?

The current spec I'm going for:

Daytona
RS 19s
Light & Vision
Flat bottom (why no perforation?)
Magma interior
Privacy Glass
Folding/heated mirrors
Panoramic sunroof
Carbon Atlas trim
Sports diff
Audi phone box
B&O

£588pm inc GAP insurance. I'm trying hard to ignore that full blown active RS3 facelift thread on here haha. The S4 is just very dulled down I think. Lovely throaty sound. But lost an edge I think. Still, overall, just more car than the RS3 day to day. Certainly more refined. But that's a different thread. Think it will be B9 RS4 in 2-3years. We digress...:smiley:

Reactions: pierreluigi88
I don't get the FBSW thing. Yes I got one on my B8.5 S5, but it came a standard on the BE. I just can't see the point of it. Please someone educate me...?

I don't get the FBSW thing. Yes I got one on my B8.5 S5, but it came a standard on the BE. I just can't see the point of it. Please someone educate me...?
If you're tall or muscle-bound it makes it a bit easier to get in and out of the driver's seat, provided the flat bit is at the bottom of course.

If you're tall or muscle-bound it makes it a bit easier to get in and out of the driver's seat, provided the flat bit is at the bottom of course.

+1

Looks better I think but shouldn't be charged for it. The S Line wheel is perforated at 9 and 3 o'clock position too. This should be present on the S4 as standard.

I'm gutted about this black pack delay, I placed my deposit and couldn't wait, still no news as to when it will be available. Had my deposit refunded today. :disappointed:.
I think although the car isn't cheap it looks like you are getting a lot for your money, even down the things like the Audi connect subscription for 36 months instead of 3.

I think they have nailed the interior especially now the carbon atlas seems a bit more extended than the last one.

With regards to the red magma seats I've thought about combining with Daytona grey, only thing I'm worried about is red seats start to look very shiny and almost tacky looking in the cars I've seen it in, especially when you start getting over 30k of use. Anyone have any experience of this? I remember seeing a lot of meteor grey S5s with it in and thinking they hadn't worn well at all.

I'm gutted about this black pack delay, I placed my deposit and couldn't wait, still no news as to when it will be available. Had my deposit refunded today. :disappointed:.
I think although the car isn't cheap it looks like you are getting a lot for your money, even down the things like the Audi connect subscription for 36 months instead of 3.

I think they have nailed the interior especially now the carbon atlas seems a bit more extended than the last one.

With regards to the red magma seats I've thought about combining with Daytona grey, only thing I'm worried about is red seats start to look very shiny and almost tacky looking in the cars I've seen it in, especially when you start getting over 30k of use. Anyone have any experience of this? I remember seeing a lot of meteor grey S5s with it in and thinking they hadn't worn well at all.

Evening.

Valid point in the red interior. I've always loathed it on other cars but after seeing it on the R8 and TTS, I loved it. It's a deeper, darker red than the old S5(I know the one you're referring to) so I think it will age fine. The quilted leather and S Sport seat just make it work. Especially with Daytona Grey. That's what I'm going for.

Couldn't agree more with the value. I mean, folding mirrors as an option...hmmmm. Boggles me. But, this 'is' Audi and the Audi Connect for 3 years is superb! There are a few things as standard I'm very impressed with. Very un-Audi-like. I think I'll get the mirrors wrapped in carbon atlas. Be a little unique.

R

Evening.

Valid point in the red interior. I've always loathed it on other cars but after seeing it on the R8 and TTS, I loved it. It's a deeper, darker red than the old S5(I know the one you're referring to) so I think it will age fine. The quilted leather and S Sport seat just make it work. Especially with Daytona Grey. That's what I'm going for.

Couldn't agree more with the value. I mean, folding mirrors as an option...hmmmm. Boggles me. But, this 'is' Audi and the Audi Connect for 3 years is superb! There are a few things as standard I'm very impressed with. Very un-Audi-like. I think I'll get the mirrors wrapped in carbon atlas. Be a little unique.

R

Saw a very small sample of the red (well I think it was the right red) when I ordered mine today, I'm just not brave enough... I decided to go with Navarra with rotor grey as I've have 2 black audi interiors on the trot, and my A6 was Daytona.

There was a Navarra S3 in the showroom and it looked really lustrous

I do love the look of Daytona with the red though and I know it'll look stunning in the flesh.

I just couldn't quite stretch to the carbon atlas without deleting something else I wanted but it does look good...

And I wasn't going with the gloss black again as have had that in the S3. While I've kept it nice I was astonished how scratched the A4 s-line demo was on the black trim.

Haha :smiley: I'm sure that's the only must have. I think I've put it to the floor before but would you choose the sports diff over the adaptive suspension?

Daytona
RS 19s
Light & Vision
Magma interior
Privacy Glass
Folding/heated mirrors
Panoramic sunroof
Carbon Atlas trim
Sports diff
Audi phone box
B&O

£588pm inc GAP insurance. I'm trying hard to ignore that full blown active RS3 facelift thread on here haha. The S4 is just very dulled down I think. Lovely throaty sound. But lost an edge I think. Still, overall, just more car than the RS3 day to day. Certainly more refined. But that's a different thread. Think it will be B9 RS4 in 2-3years. We digress...:smiley:

Personally I would appreciate the dynamic suspension more of the time, mainly cos I always seem to be driving over potholes and speed bumps so I want a soft ride, but I don't want to drive a boat when I'm in the countryside - that's just me though. They're both great additions and from the above I think you've decided :)

That's a great spec - the light & vision pack gives you so much!

Daytona
RS 19s
Light & Vision
Magma interior
Privacy Glass
Folding/heated mirrors
Panoramic sunroof
Carbon Atlas trim
Sports diff
Audi phone box
B&O

What RRP and deposit is that with if you don't mind telling us? I'm just trying to judge how much I'm likely to be for mine when I order it. Start buttering the wife up early. Haha.

Saw a very small sample of the red (well I think it was the right red) when I ordered mine today, I'm just not brave enough... I decided to go with Navarra with rotor grey as I've have 2 black audi interiors on the trot, and my A6 was Daytona.

There was a Navarra S3 in the showroom and it looked really lustrous

I do love the look of Daytona with the red though and I know it'll look stunning in the flesh.

I just couldn't quite stretch to the carbon atlas without deleting something else I wanted but it does look good...

And I wasn't going with the gloss black again as have had that in the S3. While I've kept it nice I was astonished how scratched the A4 s-line demo was on the black trim.

I do like the blue. I was hoping for more colours from Audi for the S4. The new A3 range has Ara Blue and Vegas yellow etc. Rotar grey interior is superb. It's the only other one I'd go for. Just because I fancied a change. Works great with Navarra and Misano.

I seen Carbon on the RS4 and really wanted it. Especially now it's so stretched around the cabin. But that's the thing with options. It's like Jenga! :grinning: If I got rid of the sunroof, I could get the suspension haha. 1st World problems!

Personally I would appreciate the dynamic suspension more of the time, mainly cos I always seem to be driving over potholes and speed bumps so I want a soft ride, but I don't want to drive a boat when I'm in the countryside - that's just me though. They're both great additions and from the above I think you've decided :)

That's a great spec - the light & vision pack gives you so much!

Yeah. Defo happy with the spec. Spoke to dealer though and to combat against the acoustic glass on the privacy glass option, we're just going to get the tinting done in house at Audi upon delivery and save me a couple of hundred quid. I want to 'hear' what's left of the exhaust haha.

I've been reading peoples' comments on the B9 forums about the suspension. Audi seem to have addressed it quite well. The tyres seem far less low profile now too.

What RRP and deposit is that with if you don't mind telling us? I'm just trying to judge how much I'm likely to be for mine when I order it. Start buttering the wife up early. Haha.

Hi.

£52,070 OTR
£5k from Audi
£2k from me
£2k equity in my S4

APR 3.9%

Man math is a complex and beautiful thing :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Joetidman, Dippy, NickGun and 2 others
Hi guys, so am I right, that after all this wait, I can't order an S4 in Sepang? Despite all the reviews being on Sepang cars? If so I'm proper fecked off. And no crystal paints at all? Very poor

Also any news on the sound from the exhaust, I couldn't work it out from the videos I've seen, and whilst I like my S3's meaty growl, I could do with some more aggressive sounds to be honest, and was hoping for a bit more from the S4...

Hi guys, so am I right, that after all this wait, I can't order an S4 in Sepang? Despite all the reviews being on Sepang cars? If so I'm proper fecked off. And no crystal paints at all? Very poor

You are absolutely right, but I'm happy to move away from Sepang as that the colour my S3 is.

Reactions: Joetidman and Thundercliffe81
Also any news on the sound from the exhaust, I couldn't work it out from the videos I've seen, and whilst I like my S3's meaty growl, I could do with some more aggressive sounds to be honest, and was hoping for a bit more from the S4...

I was pretty concerned about the sound after waiting so long for B9 S4. They really should offer a sports exhaust. At least give the customer the option of it ya know? It's a very throaty exhaust note and a bit more bassy than the B8 but it's very nice from what I've heard. They had to hold back a bit for the RS4. Shame, because the C43 sport exhaust sounds excellent!

I'm considering a Remus Cat back exhaust set up after a year or so. I was hoping for Ara Blue to be an option or at least Sepang but Daytona is very slick.

Reactions: Joetidman, pierreluigi88 and Brasso