1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B9 S4 354PS - 0-60 in 3.85 seconds..

ABYSS Apr 4, 2017

1. ABYSS

ABYSS Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK Site Sponsor Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

So the guys from DTE landed yesterday and our first day or development with the S4 created some interesting 0-60 times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we didnt have the v-box available last night, so use Dynolicious on the iPhone.

Stock 0-60 figures were around 4.5/4.6 seconds.

Their development S4 is due in the next few weeks so we will continue our "on road" testing in that time, and will post more information as soon as we have it.

Chimp, THQuattro, syed123 and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. ABYSS

ABYSS Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK Site Sponsor Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

so i went out again last night, but this time with a little less fuel..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its a long time since I've "fallen" for a car, but this S4 is certainly heading that way.. Such a fabulous car, and the Mrs love it too

Grubb and h1r4 like this.
  4. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

So 0-60 or 0-62 as I thought it is the later one car manufacturers use? And why has the quarter mile progressively got worse?

5. ChrisS1

ChrisS1 Member

The continental manufacturers state 0-62mph as they test and publish 0-100km/h times.
    100km/h is 62mph (or 62.1371 to be a pedant about it).

6. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

I imagine the quarter mile results just depend on when he lifted off after hitting 60? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ABYSS

exactly, it depends on the length of the runway....

8. TripleD

TripleD Audi S4 Avant Owner Team Mythos Audi S4

When are the Dyno runs booked?

9. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

I see, thanks for clarifying it...

10. Joetidman

Joetidman Well-Known Member

So what have you been playing with in the S4? Just adjustments to turbo settings, or gearbox etc as well? Have you added any hardware or just software?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. ABYSS

so i took the S4 to a local remapping company who have a dyno, what better place for some unbiased results :)

Anyway..

stock run was 367hp/370ps and 540nm

[​IMG]

Using the MP-T box set to preset of map 1 zero. - 402hp/407ps and 614nm

[​IMG]

before and after

[​IMG]

hope this is of interest to some of you guys, kits are now available to order online

Rob_F, Daggerit and cuke2u like this.
  12. Avatar

13. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

That's awesome to see! Shame you didn't do a few runs and turn it up a notch each time though...

14. ABYSS

I'm going t0 have a further play later this week Dan, se if we can improve things even further. But so far I'm over the moon with how the car responds

Daggerit likes this.
  15. Daggerit

I bet! Would just be interesting to see how the curves change in shape depending on the map and -/+. That's a lot of dyno runs though! Haha.

16. Joetidman

Interesting the stock car BHP, I wonder if Audi is as conservative on all the V6's...

17. Daggerit

If I remember rightly, they're usually fairly conservative and people find the actual outputs are a little higher than stated. Not always, right enough, but more often than not I'm led to believe.

18. Daggerit

On a different note, that's an impressively flat torque curve in stock trim!

19. ABYSS

and even smoother once tuned :)

20. Daggerit

Yeah I noticed that. Nice big torque blip at the low rev then nice and smooth. Must feel way faster mid-range.

21. ABYSS

the cars getting quicker....

[​IMG]

but she likes a drink, moreso after several launches (oops)

[​IMG]

22. ABYSS

I also need to educate you guys a touch too, someones mentioned that 40hp isn't worth £600.00 but looking at the peak figures is only half the story, if you look at mid range there are point where there are increase of between 55 and 60ps

[​IMG]

its the same with the RS3

peak figures are

386ps and 409ps, but mid range there is 49ps additional power, take a look at the before and after graphs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/53zptji3lhud1pk/Audi rs3 sent dyno.pdf?dl=0

Ive driven some fast cars, the last RS3 would produce v-box times of 3.6 seconds day in, day out and I've seen the odd 3.5 0-60. This S4 is an absolute weapon once tuned, but its far too easy to change from Mr Hyde into Mr Jeckyl and thats my only complaint.. You simply don't realise that you've hit warp speed until you look down and realise that youre doing silly speeds..

DarGri and Keef like this.
  23. Daggerit

Certainly smooths out the torque curve 4300-4800rpm too...

24. Joetidman

Is dynolicious a reliable measurement tool though? It calculates from acceleration and doesn't actually measure speed or distance covered. Not sure it matches a proper Vbox no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25. ABYSS

I've used it side by side to the Vbox on several cars, and Dynolicious is around a 10th of a second out in comparison to the Vbox.

On our RS3 the VBox would record times of 3.6 where as Dynolicious was 3.7

Bristle Hound and Joetidman like this.
  26. gtBURN

gtBURN New Member

My tune will be here Monday. What settings did you use for that run? 3/0?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

27. ABYSS

map 2 zero

28. gtBURN

gtBURN New Member

Have you run the 1/4 yet?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

29. ABYSS

Soot1e and Daggerit like this.
  30. IJB1959

IJB1959 Member Team Mythos Audi S5 Sportback

Hi Chaps,

What is the best overall performance setting for the DTUK box?

31. Daggerit

The outright performance is similar across all maps, it's more about how the power is delivered and what you prefer. I run map 3 -1 because I feel like it comes in a little smoother and has more up top in the rev range and selected -1 because the gear changes seem better. All personal preference!

If I remember rightly the dyno testing that they did was all on map 2 with no +/- setting.

32. IJB1959

Ok, so what do the settings control? on other similar boxes they have say 1-7 settings only which just increases the BHP and torque in increments.

33. Avatar

34. Daggerit

On the DTUK there are three map settings - 1, 2 and 3. These will change how the boost is altered to increase the power, but for the most part the ultimate figure is the same. There are +/- settings (3 plus and 3 minus) that can be applied to each of the three maps as well to add or subtract some of the altering it's doing to add a little extra power or take a bit away, but it's only little changes. So basically there are 21 different settings for each box. :)

35. IJB1959

Wow, vastly more to 'tweak' than others then! what map setting was applied to achieve the quoted 0-60 in 3.85 seconds?

36. Daggerit

I think that all the dyno and test runs were done on map 2+/-0...

37. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

O/T the 8V RS3 was 367hp according to Audi yet loads of us had them on the rollers at 390-400 ish hp.

TX.

Spaceman_RS3 and Daggerit like this.
  38. RichardMMM

RichardMMM Member

I'm running 3+1 too. I believe the power gain is identical between say 2+1 and 3+1 it is just a different map and characteristic. Andrew@DTUK chose to run his on 2+1.

The difference between 3+0 and 3+1 is very noticeable.

39. SMI77

SMI77 Australia Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Initially surprising is the Torque, not the increase, but peak nm is @ 2165rpm, 900rpm lower than stock.

Andrew, is that 1850 in kgs, and is that accurate? I take it that your sedan has an optional sports diff and that weight includes a driver.
    Our Avant, with panroof & sports diff, but no persons, weighs 1000/800kgs. So with SWMBO (mit handbag, of course) & I, our very porky wagon is 2t.

Also incoming PM to you.

40. Boosted_Six

Boosted_Six Member

What is unclear to me is with a device that is only able to control boost by engine speed, what the 3 maps are actually changing? I assume its the boost curve, with more or less boost coming in at different RPM. If that is correct the +/- will then add or subtract 1lb of boost for example across that whole boost curve.

So basically you will set this in a manner that suits your driving style e.g. boost comes in hard for low / mid range torque, or comes in late for high RPM power. Then set the absolute values to add or remove more boost across the whole range if your fuel and air temps allow.

41. A12RNX

A12RNX Active Member TeamMisano Team V6 saloon Audi S4 Audi A6

Hi, sorry to dig up an old thread does it remove the speed limiter using the tuning box?

Also can you have the CEL light removed for having a decat pipe fitted?

Thanks.

42. Daggerit

No and no I’m afraid. Because it piggy backs, it means all the original engine limits and CELs are there...

Until a tuner properly cracks the ECU we can’t do anything about either of those things unfortunately.

These guys have sorted something but I don’t think it’s a traditional tune... https://www.hgp-turbo.de/

43. A12RNX

A12RNX Active Member TeamMisano Team V6 saloon Audi S4 Audi A6

Thanks @Daggerit I will have the sit patiently for now. It’s the longest I have had a car without doing a stage 1 tune to atleast

Daggerit likes this.