B9 B9 RS4 First Pics

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
The first pics of the new RS4 have been released by Audi:

IMG 3096 IMG 3097 IMG 3098

From Automobile Magazine

"Europe gets first dibs, however. The 2018 RS 4 Avant goes on sale there in early 2018 before expanding to other markets. Old World buyers will need to put down a considerable 79,800 Euro—$95,417 at today’s exchange rates—but a U.S. model, if it happens, would likely start somewhere around $75,000."

Hate to think what the UK price will be!

From Automobile Magazine

"Europe gets first dibs, however. The 2018 RS 4 Avant goes on sale there in early 2018 before expanding to other markets. Old World buyers will need to put down a considerable 79,800 Euro—$95,417 at today’s exchange rates—but a U.S. model, if it happens, would likely start somewhere around $75,000."

Hate to think what the UK price will be!

£61,125.

Not that much of an increase to be fair. Still too rich for my blood though so I'm going B8 in spring. This should help the user market. Cracking car though on looks alone. The V6 makes more sense in this than the RS5, as a package. But, obviously, I think majority of us would have liked something a bit more characterful and punchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's certainly better looking than the RS5 and they have taken the arch criticism onboard. Still doesn't look like an RS imo though. And the engine is just too weak in it's class.

It'll be 80k+ for one with the stuff added you get as standard on a SEAT ibiza and then it's just simply a silly idea. New M5 is only £85k and that is miles more of car

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
It's certainly better looking than the RS5 and they have taken the arch criticism onboard. Still doesn't look like an RS imo though. And the engine is just too weak in it's class.

It'll be 80k+ for one with the stuff added you get as standard on a SEAT ibiza and then it's just simply a silly idea. New M5 is only £85k and that is miles more of car

Endless logic, as ever @DeanoC

I think, £70k, you could get a half decent spec. Presuming the Negaro metallic (gorgeous) is standard so there's a saving. Diff standard, VC standard. But, black pack, forget carbon 'anywhere' and you're approaching silly land. Great design though I think.

They could have butchered it and haven't so, fair play to them. Just that Dyson they've got under the hood

Endless logic, as ever @DeanoC

I think, £70k, you could get a half decent spec. Presuming the Negaro metallic (gorgeous) is standard so there's a saving. Diff standard, VC standard. But, black pack, forget carbon 'anywhere' and you're approaching silly land. Great design though I think.

They could have butchered it and haven't so, fair play to them. Just that Dyson they've got under the hood
I priced a 5 to match my B8 4 and it was 81k list. Nothing fancy like carbon, ceramics or loads of driver aids. Just daytona, 20's, black pack, pano roof, memory and heated seats, adaptive lights, B&O, advanced key, hill hold, sport exhaust, steering and suspension, folding mirrors and reverse camera.

As far as i could work out the only stuff extra i got over the b8 was VC, carplay and a massage function on the seat lumbar.

Pretty much everything above minus the B&O and pano roof should be standard on a 60k+ RS in my opinion.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

I priced a 5 to match my B8 4 and it was 81k list. Nothing fancy like carbon, ceramics or loads of driver aids. Just daytona, 20's, black pack, pano roof, memory and heated seats, adaptive lights, B&O, advanced key, hill hold, sport exhaust, steering and suspension, folding mirrors and reverse camera.

As far as i could work out the only stuff extra i got over the b8 was VC, carplay and a massage function on the seat lumbar.

Pretty much everything above minus the B&O and pano roof should be standard on a 60k+ RS in my opinion.

Especially folding mirrors. That really is a farce. 2018 car haha.

Especially folding mirrors. That really is a farce. 2018 car haha.

Tell me about it. My bros 14k ibiza has them.

Reactions: voorhees and Thundercliffe81
Tell me about it. My bros 14k ibiza has them.

I suppose they've always been the highway robbers of the options World. Shouldn't be a surprise. Looking forward to seeing one on the road. Or hearing it more importantly. Might go down for a test drive of that and the B8 back to back on Christmas leave.

Reactions: DeanoC
I suppose they've always been the highway robbers of the options World. Shouldn't be a surprise. Looking forward to seeing one on the road. Or hearing it more importantly. Might go down for a test drive of that and the B8 back to back on Christmas leave.

I was looking at the exhaust on the b9. It is like a quadruple whammy of things to make it quiet compared to the B8. Losing 2 cylinders, adding turbos, it not revving high and it having a single pipe for most of the length down the middle. If you're in the mood for modding it i reckon you could salvage it. Wait till someone does twin pipe runs.

I was looking at the exhaust on the b9. It is like a quadruple whammy of things to make it quiet compared to the B8. Losing 2 cylinders, adding turbos, it not revving high and it having a single pipe for most of the length down the middle. If you're in the mood for modding it i reckon you could salvage it. Wait till someone does twin pipe runs.

Well, I see that Miltek done one for the B9 S4 and I gotta say, I'm not a fan. But it was the same the B8.5 and most 6 cylinder exhausts I've heard. Just sounded a bit chavvy. There's some custom jobs and cutting you can do that really keeps the raspiness but not seen much else.

Only guys getting 6's right IMO is BMW with the M2

Could the valves be kept open constantly on your RS4? Thinking that could be a temp fix until I get the Miltek for it. I've really liked my valve mod for my B9 S4. Pretty easy to do same for this new RS4 I imagine too. That could beef it up a bit. Until the Dyson's take over

Well, I see that Miltek done one for the B9 S4 and I gotta say, I'm not a fan. But it was the same the B8.5 and most 6 cylinder exhausts I've heard. Just sounded a bit chavvy. There's some custom jobs and cutting you can do that really keeps the raspiness but not seen much else.

Could the valves be kept open constantly on your RS4? Thinking that could be a temp fix until I get the Miltek for it. I've really liked my valve mod for my B9 S4. Pretty easy to do same for this new RS4 I imagine too. That could beef it up a bit. Until the Dyson's take over

They were open 100% of the time in dynamic. No start stop, injecting fuel for the farts and two fingers to being sensible

They were open 100% of the time in dynamic. No start stop, injecting fuel for the farts and two fingers to being sensible

So no need to mess with the valves? On start up? @Robbe compared the cold start on his RS4 to a bag of nails haha.

So no need to mess with the valves? On start up? @Robbe compared the cold start on his RS4 to a bag of nails haha.

Oh the cold start was sadistic. You have to cycle the modes on ignition and then it starts with the valves open and the cold start ignition retardation make it sound evil

Oh the cold start was sadistic. You have to cycle the modes on ignition and then it starts with the valves open and the cold start ignition retardation make it sound evil

Soon. Soon! Must admit, the new Nogaro Pearl is stunning.

Yea shame the b8 negaro comes with fecking awful blue seats

Yea shame the b8 negaro comes with fecking awful blue seats

Solid colour as well. Blurgh. I've seen one on autotrader few months back that was just Nogaro paint. Not Edition. Pretty badass.

Solid colour as well. Blurgh. I've seen one on autotrader few months back that was just Nogaro paint. Not Edition. Pretty badass.

Oh nice! I keep looking but my spec requirement is just silly now. I want buckets and ceramics with all the normal stuff you need

Oh nice! I keep looking but my spec requirement is just silly now. I want buckets and ceramics with all the normal stuff you need

If the buckets were white, I'd hunt the Earth for one! Haha. Tbh, I've barely seen any ceramic specs. Thought I'd see at least a few more. People get hold of lambo brakes for these don't they? Suppose to be good?

a vid of a cold start up. think this was the last day i had the car. still miss the noise.

a vid of a cold start up. think this was the last day i had the car. still miss the noise.

Hero. I see exactly what you're saying. I've heard it in the flesh too. Good description. Sounds nice as pull away though. Bit lazy almost. Deano fiddled with his loads as you know. I thought it always always always started with valves closed though. But my memory is pants.

Great idea getting it filmed by someone else. That way you want someone else to drive your car so you can hear it but at the same time...you really don't

Reactions: Robbe
think that was driving away in dynamic mode as well.... on the contrast the S6 that I had was a lot more refined when you started it up. imagine an RS6 would sound even better...

not even got my S4 and already thinking about the next.. oh dear...

think that was driving away in dynamic mode as well.... on the contrast the S6 that I had was a lot more refined when you started it up. imagine an RS6 would sound even better...

not even got my S4 and already thinking about the next.. oh dear...

We're all the same, mate

Reactions: Robbe

I've just revisited the Milltek site, and notice the B9 S4 page now states "Saloon/Sedan Only (Non Sport Diff Cars)".
I am confused though, why would one spend a large amount of $$'s where the owner has to donate the valves. In fact, why does the system need flaps anyway. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of outlaying the $$'s for a better sound?

I've just revisited the Milltek site, and notice the B9 S4 page now states "Saloon/Sedan Only (Non Sport Diff Cars)".
I am confused though, why would one spend a large amount of $$'s where the owner has to donate the valves. In fact, why does the system need flaps anyway. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of outlaying the $$'s for a better sound?

Interesting find mate. So you can't get a Miltek exhaust for the B9 S4 if it has the diff? Sounds like a rush job to get it out there unless they're working on another. It's stupid expensive anyway. The system for the RS4 B8 is £1700. Nearly a grand cheaper.

Sounds really good, although I'm sure your neighbours didn't think the same way!

I coded mine so it remembered the S/D shut down state so if i come home in dynamic that was a loud wake up call the next morning!

Why can't we order one yet in the UK? No configurator or Audi code means no order yet??

Reactions: Radman and Thundercliffe81
You are able to preorder the new rs4 / dealer advised a 1k deposit to secure - first deliveries due feb 18.
74k once a decent spec added tho. Imagine a 1yr old rs6 you'd get for that!

You are able to preorder the new rs4 / dealer advised a 1k deposit to secure - first deliveries due feb 18.
74k once a decent spec added tho. Imagine a 1yr old rs6 you'd get for that!

Its overly angular for me

Its overly angular for me

I see your point. I do like the design. Looks aggressive enough. But I think it's the 'knowing' of the Quiet V6 inside that makes those aggressive looks a bit fake. If that makes sense?

When you look at the B7/8, it just looks hench and wide and when you hear them it makes sense. Proper RS. That's it...these new ones just don't seem like a proper RS

Reactions: voorhees