1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B9 RS4: BLACK TRIM OR CHROME TRIM?

npvpositive Feb 24, 2018

1. npvpositive

npvpositive New Member

First post . . . am finalising my spec for a Daytona RS4 and would welcome advice. Bit about me: Sydney-based, London-born, daily driver for the past six years has been a BMW 1M (epic car, but life is short and it's time for a change).

Current thinking is Daytona with milled wheels. Any strong opinions on black trim versus chrome? Pros/cons or is it purely a matter of taste?

Thanks!
    Nick

Spaceman_RS3 and Thundercliffe81 like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Thundercliffe81

Thundercliffe81 Well-Known Member Team V8 Team Sepang Audi RS4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Hi Nick.

Welcome. 1M is a great car We've been talking all things 'RS4' from B5-B9, specs, trim, obscene options etc here:

B9 RS4 vs The Rest...and the S

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...-vs-The-Rest...and-the-S.359638/&share_type=t

There's some guys that have pulled the trigger and taking delivery now.

Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGBARGEE likes this.
  4. DeanoC

DeanoC Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Black on Daytona without a doubt for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Spaceman_RS3 and Thundercliffe81 like this.
  5. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic Audi A1

Had chrome on a B9 A4 Avant in Daytona, looked ok but on the RS4 I reckon Black would look best. You could have the mirrors silver or black.

Thundercliffe81 likes this.
  6. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic Audi A1

2 sleeps to go.

7. Thundercliffe81

Thundercliffe81 Well-Known Member Team V8 Team Sepang Audi RS4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Should we expect a similar exuberant review like Tim? Haha. trying to think of things I'd really like to see...

8. RGBARGEE

Tim is clearly more extrovert than I am!

9. kingmiro

kingmiro New Member

I like this one in the video:

10. Thundercliffe81

Reminds me of the Mannhart RS5 I posted earlier in the thread. Only less harsh. Wonder what he's done.

11. RGBARGEE

Ooooh, less than a day to go...

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. kingmiro

kingmiro New Member

Have you heard the sound ?

14. Thundercliffe81

I uploaded it on another thread earlier today mate

15. DohNut

DohNut Well-Known Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Purely a matter of taste but for me personally I'm not a fan of black trim on Audi's, so it's silver for me.

Congrats on the order though and whatever you choose the car will be immense!

16. RGBARGEE

IMG_9679.jpg

TYb likes this.
  17. npvpositive

npvpositive New Member

This video is interesting (at least, to me!) because it shows a Daytona Grey RS4 with the chrome trim, and right next to it an RS5 with the black trim.

To my eye the chrome trim against the Daytona really pops — looks very classy. Also love the 5-arm peak wheels with Daytona . . . just works.

18. RGBARGEE

IMG_5582.jpg
    I ran around in this A4 for 18 months to keep miles down on RS. Daytona is a nice colour but it's just not black enough for me. The Chrome trim looks OK but then again it's not black.. It's all down to personal choice. Black with Black Pack with a little bit of chrome (OOOO badges and maybe mirrors exhaust looks great IMHO) Daytona if you like the colour I would have Black pack and mirrors but hey it's personal choice. IMG_9679.jpg

19. Beebee-one

Beebee-one Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi RS3

Daytona with black pack at West London Audi.
    IMG_3218.JPG

20. RGBARGEE

Daytona with black pack at West London Audi.

Looks nice but it's just not Black enough!

npvpositive likes this.
  21. SPIKE_S3

SPIKE_S3 Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter

:rockwoot:Looking very sharp indeed. DG is pure class.

Tags: