1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B9 allroad - any info ?

Yaks Mar 25, 2016

1. Yaks

Yaks Member

Does anyone have any more info on the new A4 allroad than what was announced recently at Detroit, ie over and above the 4 engines that were announced at the show ?

Went to my local dealers to see what they could tell me, but all their system has is more news in "the Spring". Salesman thought ordering from early summer, first cars Autumn, but this was just his guess.

So, anyone heard anything more concrete ?

What is the likely premium ( based on B8 allroads ) in price over the mechanically equivalent A4 Avant - would it be about £1.5k - £2k ?

I'm looking to change in the autumn, and very interested in the allroad, but lack of info at the moment.

2. Yaks

Yaks Member

Prices and specs finally announced today :

2 trim levels - allroad, and allroad sport

Prices : ( OTR prices for allroad & allroad sport )
    2.0 TFSi 252ps - £37,725 & £40,710
    2.0 TDi 190ps - £36,010 & £39,090
    3.0 TDi 218ps - £37,860 & £40,825
    3.0 TDi 272ps - £39,630 & £42,595

Full specs, options and prices at https://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a4/a4-allroad-quattro.html

3. spartacus68

spartacus68 Active Member

Thought the 'Quattro-on-demand' which is basically a Haldex system on the 2.0TFSI would offer better fuel consumption?

Nice to see Audi are as tight as a gnat's chuff on standard kit too. Add in any level of luxury and the price will soon jump. Sport model doesn't add significantly more kit apart from 18" alloys, sports seats, twin leather, LED headlights, privacy glass, and sat-nav, and some other bits and bobs.

4. Walton Audi

Walton Audi New Member

Hi guys, I was lucky enough to have a drive in one of these over in Munich back in June. We were driving Gotland Green variants with the 272PS 3.0 TDI engine. I have to say that the most impressive thing about the car (which has always been the way with Allroad's) was the way the car rides. For some reason though the car didn't feel quite as responsive as the regular A4 Avant. I was with a colleague of mine who normally drives a 272PS Avant in the UK, and he also agreed with me. The actual book figures for the two cars are near identical, and I can't think of any logical reason why it would be any slower, but it just didn't feel as keen. We drove it along various sections of German countryside, and derestricted Autobahn, and I can promise you that at 230/240kph the car was incredibly quite/stable/sophisticated. So if any of you like yourselves a slightly over tall A4 with some oomph - I would recommend one!