B9 A5 TDI Ghost 2 System, steering lock or both?

SCCGTV

Revo Stage 1 A5 TDI Dechromed
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I wondered if anyone had fitted the Ghost 2 to their A5 or just uses a Disklok or both? The missus had her car taken recently and luckily it was found with the second tracker. We’d discussed getting a faraday box, though I’m. It even sure my car is keyless entry - guess the MMI would say so ?

The price of the Ghost 2 seems reasonable, though was thinking of just getting a steering lock for the time being as a visual and physical deterrent. What have you guys got, if anything?

I’ve not got the Ghost system but do have the OBDPortector which locks access to the OBD port through a Smartcard system. It definitely works - Audi have failed to access the system twice now!

Depending on how they stole your car will depend on what system you might want. The advantage of Ghost is the key sequence needed to start the vehicle regardless of having the key or not.
There is an inconvenience factor in this but not as much as loss of the car.

Reactions: SCCGTV
I’m thinking a disklok may initially be a good deterrent, it’s not like I’ve got a RS or anything, not sure if the SLine A5’s are high on the priority list, though sometimes cars are stolen for parts to rebuild others so it’s not always the performance cars people are after.

I’ll probably get a steering lock for now and get a Ghost in a couple of months. The missu will be straight onto a ghost when she gets hers back I’d think.

Reactions: Buck
Been looking at A5s as my kids are getting bigger and the A3 is becoming a bit of a pinch

Love the look of the A5 and got my eye on a few black editions on auto trader but that keyless start worries me immensely because of the potential theft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys,

I wondered if anyone had fitted the Ghost 2 to their A5 or just uses a Disklok or both? The missus had her car taken recently and luckily it was found with the second tracker. We’d discussed getting a faraday box, though I’m. It even sure my car is keyless entry - guess the MMI would say so ?

The price of the Ghost 2 seems reasonable, though was thinking of just getting a steering lock for the time being as a visual and physical deterrent. What have you guys got, if anything?
I got a the original Ghost in 2017 when I first got the A5, it's a good bit of kit to be honest and it does give you piece of mind that even with the keys they can't take it! (I have it set to lock the gearbox). Some people say that it puts you at risk, as they could come back into your house to get the code. However, what you can do it put it into valet mode, then if they do take your keys they can drive off...but they wont be able to move it after they have stopped and the full lock mode kicks in again.

Would I get one again??? I'm looking at buying the new GR86 when it comes out in a few months, I'd probably just use my pro lock and GAP insurance with that as I intend to keep the car a long time, as it comes with a 10 year warranty, so I don't want them to have any excuses not to honour that by saying "You've cut into the electrics for the ghost".

Reactions: SCCGTV