B9 a4 reliability

Done more than three times my mileage and I collected mine on the 28/10/16...

I feel pretty fortunate judging by the hard luck testimonies throughout this and other threads. For what it's worth i'm now nearly two years in with mine and just past 10K mileage and she's purring along just lovely at present. I did have cause to return to the dealer in the first month of ownership for a software tweak to the Nav system which showed my position around 100m short of actual, soon resolved. I also have the 'lag' when in comfort mode which I've got used to now so don't tend to get caught out by it. Popping it into 'sport' works for me if I need a confident launch.

The dreaded rear, nearside tick which started around three months in is also a part time feature, but to be honest it's intermittent at worst and not noticeable unless there's the audio system is muted so I've not let it get to me so far. I guess one feature that is a nuisance is the random boot release which has occasionally happened while the car is locked away in the garage meaning that I can't open the damn garage door when I next go to the car as the over and up garage door wedges against the open boot lid. An unintended 'security feature' I could do without! At least I haven't yet returned to a public car park to find the boot lid wide open. Other than those it's been a pleasure.

The car goes in for front and rear UTR fit next week so all being well the disturbance to the internal trim to fit the power leads doesn't create any post fit rattles.

Well people, it's been a while since my last post (no the reason isnt because my car has miraculously become reliable :) ). So..... now at 43k, another b&o speaker replaced and another about to be replaced, both engine fans on constantly (even when the engine is switched off) leading to the battery draining (I'm told it's a faulty fan control module or temp sensor), faulty parking brake, oh and have I mentioned the WOEFUL service received from audi dealers (especially AUDI OLDHAM - read my review on Google and trustpilot, that's another story)? Sheesh. I can't stress enough how useless audi's cars are and how truly poor their customer service is.

There is a train of thought, that owners of "premium" style marques have much much higher standards and expectations, so are likely to book in and complain about the slightest little fault or noise/squeak, whereas a Peugeot owner or Skoda for example, doesn't have such high expectations and just lives with things and thinks it's par for the course.

A Skoda owner will have spent less money and therefore have lower expectations, if they get even some of the Audi premium feel they will be over the moon. An Audi driver has already paid over the odds for that so if it isn't perfect they get disgruntled!

Have to disagree. My last car was a Skoda Superb, total issues in 3 years was a plastic vane on the windscreen came off. The A4, many minor issues and a clutch & flywheel replaced. Was also in the dealer for 1 month to get a mystery rattle fixed. I really loved that big, ugly, comfortable and extremely practical Superb, a fabulous car.

Sorry to hear about your issues, definitely sounds like Audi need to step up and sort it out for you.

Mine is a March 2016 and I usually don't buy cars so early in a new model mostly due to teething issues but so far mine has been almost perfect.

I did take it back early on with the slow start but like others found that shifting to Sport cures that for when you need it.
My only issue was a rattle coming from the back, I had my wife drive the car and I crawled all around the back until I found it. It was the metal loop that connects the rear seat to the mount that was rattling. I covered it with sticky felt and that fixed that.

No issues with the B&O although I regret having the recall done on that. The new stickers looks cheap and the originals were not pulling away at all.

Oh I did have the rear plastic recall issue in that the plastic from the roof down the book was coming off but after the recall fix that has been fine.

Audi as a dealership however I do not rate at all. I have owned several Audis and every time the service has been awful. I have tried different dealerships in different areas in the hope that it was just poor local dealers but nope, all have been as bad as each other.

Sorry to hear about your issues, definitely sounds like Audi need to step up and sort it out for you.

Mine is a March 2016 and I usually don't buy cars so early in a new model mostly due to teething issues but so far mine has been almost perfect.

I did take it back early on with the slow start but like others found that shifting to Sport cures that for when you need it.
My only issue was a rattle coming from the back, I had my wife drive the car and I crawled all around the back until I found it. It was the metal loop that connects the rear seat to the mount that was rattling. I covered it with sticky felt and that fixed that.

No issues with the B&O although I regret having the recall done on that. The new stickers looks cheap and the originals were not pulling away at all.

Oh I did have the rear plastic recall issue in that the plastic from the roof down the book was coming off but after the recall fix that has been fine.

Audi as a dealership however I do not rate at all. I have owned several Audis and every time the service has been awful. I have tried different dealerships in different areas in the hope that it was just poor local dealers but nope, all have been as bad as each other.
Hi candell, I have also a rattle from the rear that Audi couldn't fix at the car's last service. I assume the medal hoops you are referring too are the ones that fasten the rear seats in place upright? If so when the seats were folded flat did the noise disappear?

Sorry, didn't describe it very well. The issue for me was the back of the seat that moves up to connect to the hoops to lock the seat in place (not very technical hence the awful explanations). The part that moves had some left-right movement that rubbed against another part of that mechanism and rattled. So the rattle was when the seat was locked or folded flat. It was tricky to add the felt inside but a bit of fiddling and the noise has gone.

I had Audi look at it first and they thought it was something beneath the boot tray but couldn't find anything hence my investigations.

Thanks for your reply and it does sound similar to mine, I would appreciate it muchly if you able to supply a picture of the offending part so I can find it on mine please? I assume yours is a saloon, although the seat fastening is probably the same in the Advant anyway..