B9 7in DIS retrofit

ian.f

Reaction score
Hi Forum!

im looking at getting myself an A4 avant, TDI auto, either SLine or Ultra sport (150 or 190).

Been looking for a few weeks now and I’ve noticed that some have upgraded DIS from the standard 5in monochrome to the 7in colour.

Typically, (as I’m buying 2nd hand) I can’t find any that have the other spec ‘bits’ I want, as well as the 7in DIS.

I was wondering if this could be retrofitted, and if so would it cost a bomb to do?

Thanks to anyone that can give me any info!

totally possible. Price of the cluster would depend on of using new or used parts, range from used £200.00 to new £1200.00 approx. No idea what others would change for installation but I would ask from £100.00 to £165.00 depending on amount of works needed.

Reactions: ian.f and cuke2u
totally possible. Price of the cluster would depend on of using new or used parts, range from used £200.00 to new £1200.00 approx. No idea what others would change for installation but I would ask from £100.00 to £165.00 depending on amount of works needed.

Amazing news!
So ‘all’ I’d need would be the 7in display console? Is there a specific one/part number? Any other modules or anything needed?
Would your price include any coding?

Cheers for your help. Much appreciated

Hi @DJAlix did you see my reply?
Great news this can be done! Do you know the part number that I’d need to source?

Hi @DJAlix did you see my reply?
Great news this can be done! Do you know the part number that I’d need to source?
Apologies no, did not see. Not sure of the needed part number / numbers to be honest as customers normally source their own and I just do the fitting. If you would like I can price you up for a new one (I don't supply used parts) but I would need you to supply details here:

https://www.vagcarcoding.com/contact_us/

Thanks @DJAlix

I think I know the instrument cluster part i’d need to get. Is there anything else I’d need...new MMI module or anything?

Also, if I wanted to upgrade the display screen to the widescreen, is that possible as well?

Cheers

Thanks @DJAlix

I think I know the instrument cluster part i’d need to get. Is there anything else I’d need...new MMI module or anything?

Also, if I wanted to upgrade the display screen to the widescreen, is that possible as well?

Cheers
Upgrading to widescreen would require you to upgrade your glovebox unit also. If you are looking at doing this then you might as well change your instrument cluster to a virtual cockpit.