B8 Xenon Retrofited without Self Leveling - Aimed too high?!

S-Rob

Reaction score
I couldn't find any answers when scrolling through the forums so I was hoping someone who has already completed this retrofit may have the answers. I have retrofited OEM Bi-Xenon headlights to my pre-facelift A4. It previously had halogens. After failing to find any recent information on the self leveling stuff I decided to proceed the retrofit without it. I have the headlight washers already.

At the moment I am having an issue with the aim, it's too high. Dipped beam sits at the high beam level, and the only thing the high beam is good for is signalling to helicoptera there is a speed camera ahead. I've tried turning the manual adjust all the out and it's still too high? Any one have an idea?

The self-levelling sensors are fitted on the passenger side front and rear suspension lower arms, and depending on the weight in the car it adjusts accordingly. If you have the washers already - that's half the battle.

There are kits available . Speak to NHN (retrofitter) on here or speak to these guys if they have specific kit. I see they have the self-levelling wiring, but do they have the sensors? You will probably need VCDS to code, etc. http://vagtec.co.uk/eshop/

Last edited:
Maybe you've turned it so far it's come of the cog, ideally you need to also check if the self levelling motors inside havnt come of there fixings, this happens & also couriers aren't so kind so get broken internally if you bought online.

Reactions: pelhamsdetailing
Maybe you've turned it so far it's come of the cog, ideally you need to also check if the self levelling motors inside havnt come of there fixings, this happens & also couriers aren't so kind so get broken internally if you bought online.
Thanks for the information. I'll give that a look. Any pointers?

Just given you pointers mate, time to get your hands dirty ;)

Reactions: pelhamsdetailing and JohnS3