B8 to facelift b8.5

r-y-e

Reaction score
I've just bought a black B8 non sline and will be facelifting it over the next few months and when the weather in sunny England reaches 20..degrees+ again I will be painting the full car white myself , attaching pics as I go.

I Bought the car as spares or repairs from an oldish bloke with a few scuffs a faulty clutch and a small ding in the sill.. but plenty of audi stamps and a receipt for the cam belt ect!

The Parts I've collected as the min are
B8.5 xenons
B8.5 sline front bumper
B8.5 Headlight brackets
B8 side blades/ skirts

I first convinced my self I didn't need the b8.5 bonnet and wings but now I've received the headlights I've realised the wings to where the bumper meets on the b8 is about an inch too short But not to worrie as I 50% expected it anyways!

Ive got The car breaking on eBay (user name is n20rye) if anybody is looking for any b8 parts i will be selling a load of parts to recover some cost of the facelift as my cars isn't damaged I should recover a fair bit

I sold the original se alloys and the wheels on the car now are for sale of for swaps?

Anyways!! pics to follow of the cars current state
IMG 1606
IMG 1604

Last edited:
Reactions: DieselJake
If anyone can offer any advice or point me to a forum where someone elce as already completed the same conversion I would be more than greatfull!!

As I've seen cars for sale that's been face lifted on eBay.. but never seen any info/pics of it actuly being done.

dusty but very clean pair
I've been quote do £170 for kafutech adaptors and the codeing from a place in leeds

Also looking for a good white paint code if anyone can recommend the cleanest/brightest non Matalic white?

Last edited:
I converted mine in a day.
Drove a 10 B8 SE into Audi Bradford, drove out with a 13 B8.5 Sline ;)

Reactions: DickoB8, GjrBartlett, L80EWY and 1 other person
I converted mine in a day.
Drove a 10 B8 SE into Audi Bradford, drove out with a 13 B8.5 Sline ;)

Who coded your headlights?

I should have the face lift done in the day once I find all the parts but not sure how long it will take for the couler change as I've got no booth just a clean garage to work with lol

Just trade your B8 in for B8.5 going cheap enough now.

Save all the effort and time

Just trade your B8 in for B8.5 going cheap enough now.

Save all the effort and time
I'd sooner mess and enjoy the outcome rather than buy something expensive.

I see new cars as money pits I've done it all in the past.

Plus When you give top penny's for a nice car and it starts needing expensive repairs like a clutch ect
It's just no good ha

Il see the full life of this clutch as Ive bought the car faulty needing a clutch for a bargin price

everything elce on these are cheep as chips

I'm fully for you on this one mate as my b6 has a b7 front end, can't help much with what's nesecerry unfortunately as I have no experience with newer platforms but a couple of people have done it on Audizine. What I will say from my experience is budget for etleast £1,500 on parts alone as you'll be wanting all the best S/RS bits which always fetch a premium as going for regular stuff will seem a bit of a waste. If any parts are custom (e.g cut and welded) remember these will be an absolute pain if they need replacing... oh and also the headlights... if they exsist you want an adapter loom from Audi, if not the loom/lights are an absolute pain and definately don't expect the lights to be adjustable on the dash even with all the fettling in the world. Expect the car to be off the road etleast 6 months too, I've seen people do conversions like this sooner but it's uncommon, mine was off the road just over a year. Again this is all speculation off an earlier platform, wish you all the best either way as I love stuff like this.

Here's a few links I've found whilst I was looking up info:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/512517-Convert-a-B8-Front-End-to-a-B8-5

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/616702-B8-to-b8-5-conversion

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/610216-B8-5-front-conversion-swap-on-a-B8

Ibis White is a nice bright white, non metallic. Are you being thorough, as in all doors off, boot, interior trim? Seems a lot of work to convert to a different colour.

I'm fully for you on this one mate as my b6 has a b7 front end, can't help much with what's nesecerry unfortunately as I have no experience with newer platforms but a couple of people have done it on Audizine. What I will say from my experience is budget for etleast £1,500 on parts alone as you'll be wanting all the best S/RS bits which always fetch a premium as going for regular stuff will seem a bit of a waste. If any parts are custom (e.g cut and welded) remember these will be an absolute pain if they need replacing... oh and also the headlights... if they exsist you want an adapter loom from Audi, if not the loom/lights are an absolute pain and definately don't expect the lights to be adjustable on the dash even with all the fettling in the world. Expect the car to be off the road etleast 6 months too, I've seen people do conversions like this sooner but it's uncommon, mine was off the road just over a year. Again this is all speculation off an earlier platform, wish you all the best either way as I love stuff like this.

Here's a few links I've found whilst I was looking up info:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/512517-Convert-a-B8-Front-End-to-a-B8-5

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/616702-B8-to-b8-5-conversion

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/610216-B8-5-front-conversion-swap-on-a-B8

Thanks for the reply pal
I've also got a b7 that I'm keeping sodoesn't matter on the time frame ect

Attachments

• IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    840.7 KB · Views: 680
Ibis White is a nice bright white, non metallic. Are you being thorough, as in all doors off, boot, interior trim? Seems a lot of work to convert to a different colour.
All there doors come of easy enough on these anyway, not much shows inside the boot and the engine bay can stay black ha ..I purposely bought a black car because it wouldn't matter About a black engine bay plus a black stone chip looks a million times better than a red stone chip haha

Seems like a cool project, good luck :). Share some pictures as you progress.

I Picked up some leather for it today, i will get some pics once fitted
IMG 1713
IMG 1714
Only thing difrent to mine is it has electric lumber support an mine hasn't

There's only 2 wire in the plug going to the seat so was thinking of earthing one from each seat and running a power wire that splits into 2 from the fuse box upto each seat

Surly no need to pay £40 for an power seat harness???