B8 S4 Revo stage 1+ spark plugs

Would there be any benefit for upgrading?

There won't be any benefits for running step colder plugs on a stage1/2 tuned cars. The whole idea behind using colder plugs is to transfer the heat faster to the combustion chamber. The tuning done on these engines is not 'aggressive' enough and therefore doesn't require colder plugs to maintain these temps. OEM plugs do this job perfectly fine. I'd consider it only if you are planning on going DP with uprated throttle body and adding meth etc.

I spoke with MRC in detail about it when I was doing my annual service and they also recommended OE plugs with stock gap.

Reactions: scotty76
There won't be any benefits for running step colder plugs on a stage1/2 tuned cars. The whole idea behind using colder plugs is to transfer the heat faster to the combustion chamber. The tuning done on these engines is not 'aggressive' enough and therefore doesn't require colder plugs to maintain these temps. OEM plugs do this job perfectly fine. I'd consider it only if you are planning on going DP with uprated throttle body and adding meth etc.

I spoke with MRC in detail about it when I was doing my annual service and they also recommended OE plugs with stock gap.
Cheers for clearing that up. Much appreciated.

Reactions: V6_Man