B8 S4 REMAP STAGE 1 AND STAGE 2 EXPERIENCES

rum4mo

Reaction score
Right, since I accidentally caused a bit of cross posting recently on remapping questions/thoughts and I've looked back on some, maybe three threads dealing with this, is there any mileage on everyone with remapping experiences contributing to a mid 2014 update on what they went for and how they feel their choice compares with other options?

Doing this in the light of a few new S4 owners on this forum and minds turning to doing something like engine output and torque increasing, so maybe also add exhausts, complete with cats into the mix.

Feel free to shoot me down and say it has all been done before, though time has moved on since it was last formally discussed.

Reactions: barkliejm
Good idea for a thread. If you contribute, make sure you mention your gearbox & whether you are B8, B8.5 (MY2012+) or B8.5 (MY2014) as tuning seems to be more difficult on the newer cars.

I'll start...

B8 Avant, DSG, Standard map (Damn!)

B8 saloon, DSG, MRC Stage 2 480BHP/590NM goes like a rocket :)
power comes on quick so have to be light footed if not wanting to go quick. Only 4 days into ownership so will provide more details after various journeys done and not driven a std to compare

Reactions: TahirS
S4 Avant (B8? - 2012 facelift). S-Tronic.

Standard Map :(

As it's still in warranty and as it's going to be a long term car I'm going to keep it rolling for the full 7 year term. I don't want to invalidate anything. Am I right in assuming it only invalidates the ECU warranty and not the full powertrain warranty? .......if so it may become a lot more attractive.

(then I need to convince my wife - that's another story)

Reactions: BigGreg
2011 B8 S4 saloon CAKA 6MT standard map - but bought at 2 years old 12.5K miles complete with Milltek resonated cat back exhaust and new discs and pads! (someone has had a bit of fun, maybe has been remapped - maybe now standard map, who knows).

Needs to get optimised I'd reckon (another way of saying "improving fuel efficiency")

2009 6MT saloon.
Stock except for MRC stage 2.
490 PS. 606nm
Luvverly

Reactions: TahirS and razza1
Again, 2009 with 6MT and MRC stage 2 kit, 485bhp and 600nm

Goes like nothing else but still very civilised when driving normally.

Reactions: TahirS and razza1
2013 B8.5 S4 with standard map.

Really been thinking about what to do but the CD1 issue has a map out the equation and im just so unsure about putting on the Box that adjusts fueling and boost! :think:Is it safe......gearbox and engine ok to take the extra grunt?. I have always had Big horsepower subaru's and only ever went to Andy Forrest for a live road mapping session.......scares me to just plug something in.

Shark are doing 25% off remaps today only (24/10/2014). Dunno if that helps anyone.

2013 B8.5 S4 with standard map.

Really been thinking about what to do but the CD1 issue has a map out the equation and im just so unsure about putting on the Box that adjusts fueling and boost! :think:Is it safe......gearbox and engine ok to take the extra grunt?. I have always had Big horsepower subaru's and only ever went to Andy Forrest for a live road mapping session.......scares me to just plug something in.
@Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. can map the S4/S5 without removing the ECU. He also has a solution involving a box similar to a Bluefin where by you can reload the standard map at any time. This gets around the TD1 issue as the car will appear the same to the dealers as a standard one.
He is based in Stockport and is a forum sponsor.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...lete-performance-data-and-dyno-inside.228517/

Karl.

Reactions: scotty76
2009 B8 S4 DSG saloon
Std exhaust
MRC Stage 2 map
DSG remap inc adjustable launch control
493bhp 600nm torque

In dynamic mode the car is soo much more powerful the revs are held to redline. The sound of the engine and exhaust have notably changed when full tap however if you switch to comfort mode we are back to civilisation. Such an underrated car, superb.

Last edited:
Reactions: TahirS, razza1, scotty76 and 1 other person
2009 B8 S4 DSG saloon
Std exhaust
MRC Stage 2 map
493bhp 600nm torque

In dynamic mode the car is soo much more powerful the revs are held to redline. The sound of the engine and exhaust have notably changed when full tap however if you switch to comfort mode we are back to civilisation. Such an underrated car, superb.

Please don't post stuff like this. My credit card is trembling as I type!

Reactions: TahirS, SHOTTA GTR, DrSasso and 1 other person
2009 B8 S4 DSG saloon
Std exhaust
MRC Stage 2 map
493bhp 600nm torque

How does the adjustable launch control work or did you an a launch control on the car to start with?

2009 b8 s4 DSg saloon
Std exhaust (tried the stasis one but didn't like it)
Revo stage 1
Not had it dyno'd but they claim it should be around 404bhp not sure about torque

Car runs so much better than standard and is quick enough!

Interested in the Mrc maps now though as I can't imagine having another 90bhp!!!
I thought they said stage 2 were only for cars with decat, exhaust and intake mods?

But from what solAris says he has a std car with stage 2... So now I am interested...

Reactions: Robbiet123
2009 b8 s4 DSg saloon
Std exhaust (tried the stasis one but didn't like it)
Revo stage 1
Not had it dyno'd but they claim it should be around 404bhp not sure about torque

Car runs so much better than standard and is quick enough!

Interested in the Mrc maps now though as I can't imagine having another 90bhp!!!
I thought they said stage 2 were only for cars with decat, exhaust and intake mods?

But from what solAris says he has a std car with stage 2... So now I am interested...
That or pulley upgrades;)

Don't know why I read this thread as it just makes me want to do the MRC Stage 2!!!! Anyone else out there with a stage 1, just wondered how different it feels to stock? I'm guessing even the Stage 1 would be a noticeable improvement! Trick971, would you say your Revo with around 400BHP feels much quicker than stock? Particularly interested in the top end, say about 5k revs.

Hopefully get Stage 1 or 2 in about 12 months time............a long wait eh!!

Reactions: TahirS and scotty76
Hehe I'm the same madgrillz.

As for my remap, it transformed the car completely from being a fairly quick but sometimes lazy car.. To an aggressive (when you want it) car that upsets m3s and 911s.

So yes feels much quicker than stock. I did a 0-60 using an iPhone app and that read 4.3s. I know it could be quicker if I was more aggressive.
Top end.. Well it keeps pulling and pulling...to well over 130!

Reactions: TahirS and scotty76
Cheers for the info mate, certainly sound like a good improvement. I will obviously aim for stage 2 but I'm pretty sure I'll still be happy with a stage 1 remap if that's all I can afford. After all anything over 400bhp is awesome if you ask me I just can't get these 480bhp figures out of my head.

Have a good weekend chaps!

My stage 1 B7 2.0 TFSI was so different to the standard car. Well worth the money. I'd hope the S4 would be even better. Only 3 and a half years warranty to go. :)

I currently have a quote from MRC for both the Stage 2+ package, new clutch and flywheel(lightweight), going to get it booked in for the new year and will report back afterwards.

Hehe I'm the same madgrillz.

As for my remap, it transformed the car completely from being a fairly quick but sometimes lazy car.. To an aggressive (when you want it) car that upsets m3s and 911s.

So yes feels much quicker than stock. I did a 0-60 using an iPhone app and that read 4.3s. I know it could be quicker if I was more aggressive.
Top end.. Well it keeps pulling and pulling...to well over 130!
Oh gosh

Hello !

I did the MRC stage 2 as well. I was wondering how as your oil temperature behaving ? I just had my car vagcom'd so that it shows the oil temp, and it seems a bit high although nothing has gone wrong.. it is around 100-104 in normal city driving.. and while cruising on the highway at around 160kph.. its between 115-120.. and goes up to 125 on the track. Celsius of course..
I would love someone's input on this.. Thanks !

Reactions: skiptowncat
I went Revo Stage 1+ in the end as I got an cracking deal on it from DemonTweeks.

The S4 is a different animal know.Buckets of low end torque .

I also ended up having to get a new clutch so had a Lightweight flywheel & uprated clutch fitted as the OE was slipping under load after only a few days use lol

Hello !

I did the MRC stage 2 as well. I was wondering how as your oil temperature behaving ? I just had my car vagcom'd so that it shows the oil temp, and it seems a bit high although nothing has gone wrong.. it is around 100-104 in normal city driving.. and while cruising on the highway at around 160kph.. its between 115-120.. and goes up to 125 on the track. Celsius of course..
I would love someone's input on this.. Thanks !

That does seem slightly high, mines around 112-115 on the motorway on a hot day and 95-100 city

Reactions: xpoweruk
With the stage 2 as well ?

Well it's not that big a difference as I thought but I am running a little hot.. wonder where that comes from..
Thanks for answering.

Went out in the S4 today to see what the oil temps are with the Revo Stage 1+

Never saw over 111°C.No crazy revving just steady miles

I went Revo Stage 1+ in the end as I got an cracking deal on it from DemonTweeks.

The S4 is a different animal know.Buckets of low end torque .

I also ended up having to get a new clutch so had a Lightweight flywheel & uprated clutch fitted as the OE was slipping under load after only a few days use lol
How much was the clutch and fly?
Manual I presume?

2010 S4 DSG
MRC stage 2 and GB map
483 ps
Probably done about 4K miles since having done - no issues - Going to take it to the Alps at least once in the winter not going to think twice about it.
Still getting 27 mpg on a run at c.80-85.
If you're coming from a heavily turbo charged engine be aware the power delivery is VERY different, it's so linear and efficient that it doesn't feel as fast as it is.

Reactions: skiptowncat and xpoweruk
2011 S4 Avant DSG (Shark development car) - Shark Stage 2 with APR pulley ugrade 450bhp with 570Nm and custom DSG remap to hold rpm @7300rpm. Full Milltek with custom centre section.

Coming from a Stage 2 S3 the power delivery on the S4 is incredible.....as said before its very linear with power available all the time and your into illegal speeds on the track before you can blink. Averaging about 30mpg which is to me is brilliant as the full potential does get used. Hopefully fitting an AWE intake to it soon to see if there will be any gain on the ITG cone thats already fitted.

Reactions: Carlos85
2010 S4 DSG
MRC stage 2 and GB map
483 ps
Probably done about 4K miles since having done - no issues - Going to take it to the Alps at least once in the winter not going to think twice about it.
Still getting 27 mpg on a run at c.80-85.
If you're coming from a heavily turbo charged engine be aware the power delivery is VERY different, it's so linear and efficient that it doesn't feel as fast as it is.
How about the oil temperature ? How high does it get ? Just want to compare with my stage 2...
I'm from France but I'm going on a road trip through Italy next month.. not thinking twice either.

2011 S4 Avant DSG (Shark development car) - Shark Stage 2 with APR pulley ugrade 450bhp with 570Nm and custom DSG remap to hold rpm @7300rpm. Full Milltek with custom centre section.

Coming from a Stage 2 S3 the power delivery on the S4 is incredible.....as said before its very linear with power available all the time and your into illegal speeds on the track before you can blink. Averaging about 30mpg which is to me is brilliant as the full potential does get used. Hopefully fitting an AWE intake to it soon to see if there will be any gain on the ITG cone thats already fitted.
Sounds nice ! Same question as above, how high is the oil temp?
I have the awe intake, it's great, little bit of supercharger whine but not too much.. except from the outside where it sounds like this :

Reactions: Brodster