1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

B8 s4 non resonated downpipe advice

Deo Mar 9, 2019

1. Deo

Deo Registered User

Hi, got a faulty downpipe. Thinking of swapping them out for remus non resonated ones. Anyone with experience of just changing this part of the system? Drone etc. Cheers

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep

It's a pain in the *** to do, the flange bolts are not the easiest to get to, ideally need some cut down spanners or banana spanners Can't comment on drone though, i have milltek ones, they have a bit of drone in a certain rev range but easy to live with

4. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Registered User

The downpipes aren’t too bad it’s the Cats that are a PITA. When we fitted my test pipes while the downpipes were off we heated up the studs and knocked them out then just used some bolts with copper nuts made it much easier going back and if the exhaust ever has to come off again.

5. Deo

Deo Registered User

Yeah, heard these bolts are a bit of a nightmare to get to. Think I'll get them, £267 For the pair. I was just worried about drone, hear loads about it mainly with full systems. I can handle a bit of drone, you've got to expect it if you remove any of the resonator. Cheers

6. Ginge247

Ginge247 Registered User

I have these and they are a quality bit of kit. I have them fitted with a full system though so I can't comment on the drone with a standard setup.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

7. Deo

Deo Registered User

What's the drone like with the full system?

8. Ginge247

Ginge247 Registered User

Terrible haha. I have no silencers at all in the system though just a boxed x pipe. I can sort of work round it though with mine being a manual. I have always had the louder the better approach to all of my cars.

9. Deo

Deo Registered User

Lol, mine can't be that bad if I just change the downpipes. I hope lol

Ginge247 likes this.
  10. Ginge247

Ginge247 Registered User

Yeah I think you'll be fine with that m8. Maybe a slight increase.