B8 RS4 Ami nightmares

Matterhorn27

Reaction score
Hi All. I’m brand new to the forum so apologies if I’m asking a well documented question..
I’ve just bought a 2013 B8 RS4 Avant. I love it.. but the ridiculousness of the multi media has really got my goat!
I have what I believe is the lower end of the software..
ie only Bluetooth for phone ( not for music)
First question .. Why did Audi do this??? Madness
I have the Ami port and have bought the standard Amazon connection which sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t.
So here are my questions.
1: Do you think my Ami port is knackered? Or have people experienced problems with cheaper connectors? The Bluetooth ami doesn’t work at all but the standard lightening (Apple) connector ..
sometimes says. No devise connected OR says incorrect devise connected Or suddenly finds its self and works???
Do I need a proper Audi one??
2: is there a way of upgrading the software
In the car ( pic included as I’ve no idea what level I have) to allow music streaming.
3. I don’t even have a Jack point .. are they expensive to retrofit?
4:What’s the best option so I can utilise all the buttons on the car for the music?
5: Why the F has Audi made it all so complicated?
Thanks for reading.. just a bit peed off when the rest of the car is so great!!
A

Attachments

• C8DA5098-48AD-4BAC-A150-688B53FB9A76.jpeg
    C8DA5098-48AD-4BAC-A150-688B53FB9A76.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 303
Show me a pic of the ami in the glovebox please.

That's 3g Ami so with the correct cable it should work fine.

Could be your cables are no good.

Does your unit not show media options in Bluetooth as head unit may support it, if not I'm sure I can supply a cable & bt unit to make wireless streaming.

Thanks.
The Bluetooth option connects the phone easy but there doesn’t seem to be an option to connect the music/streaming .. I’ve tried all wayS. It’s possible that I’m being rather dim but I can’t see what I’m doing wrong.
I did buy your usual £15 amazon Bluetooth special but it doesn’t recognise it.
The standard lighting cable one ( also £15 Amazon) As I said some times works and sometimes it doesn’t see it at all and sometimes it sees it but says it’s ‘not supported”
Happy buy a bigger better cable or an idiots guide if the head unit is supporting??
cheers
A

Ok.. this may be a stupid question but is it possible to upgrade the operating system?
If not .. what cable do you recommend for me to get? How do I pay and how would you supply? Cheers A