B8 Front Number plate Removal

matt.russell

Reaction score
hey,

I want to be able to remove my number plate for like shows and car meets, ive seen a few cars at shows with no front number plate and was wondering how this is done ?

So far ive worked out I need a filler plate ?

I've just spent the last 30mins just searching on google how people do this and no joy, so im sorry if there is already a thread on this.

I used rare earth magnets to hold my plate on.
Plenty strong enough to keep it in place even on the roughest roads (I live in Africa and have sport suspension, so I know)
Easy enough to remove when required.
I even have show plates which I substitute in when I want.

all depends on grill if you can or not do it

Well I have the standard s line grille but I'm thinking about buying a mesh black one ..

I think I'm going to do what viceroy suggested.. :D

I want like a black mesh grill and have the plate at the bottom near the centre spoiler.. :D

Reactions: viceroy
Make sure you get the grill without the plate holder on then and the support bar behind the grill.

Please don't do that to your car lol it's too cheesy haha ok for a toy but will look terrible in person :/

What ! This is friggin awesome ! Lol it would end up falling off or breaking anyways so ...

Haha yeah I was on about them to a mate a couple of weeks ago and we both agreed its a gimmick and looks a bit too tacky, as can see the little arms and when it retracts can still see the edge of the plate. But that's just our opinion each to there own if you like it try it and make up your own mind might look ace.

Lol yeah I know what you mean.. Nah It would cost loads to do for something that will only break ! ..