B8 & B8.5 S4 Owners - Who Has Used Launch Control ? (S-tronic GB)

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
Calling all B8 & B8.5 S4 owners

Who has used Launch Control ? (Assuming you have a s-tronic GB)

I've used it 5 times on my standard S4 saloon running standard Shell fuel
Best timed 0-60mph time was 4.82 secs
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...oon-black-edition.240456/page-15#post-3082557

Direct lift from Audi Handbook for those 'not in the know' ;) :D

jolSnXy.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man
I have, I've never timed it though and I don't know how many launches I've done. I'd estimate 30 in my ownership but it was 3 years old when I bought it so could be any number!

Reactions: V6_Man and Bristle Hound
Just the one launch at a 1/4 mile strip. Was mighty impressive even though I lost the race.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and V6_Man
Have used mine 5 times according to Carista. Running revo stage1+ so sub 4 sec 0-60 and a big grin!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, V6_Man and xpoweruk
Carista shows 6 overall with 4 of them by me in 14 months of ownership. Running MRC Stage2 hitting 3.6 secs 0-60 with LC and 4.01 without LC but with 3 people in the car, full boot and other bits and 42psi tyre pressure all around.

I believe my second LC was slightly better than the first one where I recorded 3.6 however, I forgot to launch Carista .

18ace220280ee9d1020774da7b9c92b4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roadrunner146 and Bristle Hound
I've used it quite a few times, it's quite fun in a wet field :p haven't measured my best 0-60 but mine hasn't been mapped yet so wont be impressive.

Best 1/4 mile is 13.97 and it was quite wet so struggled for traction off the line

Reactions: Bristle Hound and V6_Man
Not sure mine has it, it's a 2010 S4, I tried a couple of times and it didn't work

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Not sure mine has it, it's a 2010 S4, I tried a couple of times and it didn't work

Believe 2010 S4 has it as well. How did you try it, what steps?

Traction Control off, shift to S, left foot on the brake and full throttle until it settles on 3k RPM??

Believe 2010 S4 has it as well. How did you try it, what steps?

Traction Control off, shift to S, left foot on the brake and full throttle until it settles on 3k RPM??

I may not have gone full throttle

I may not have gone full throttle

You have to floor the throttle for it to settle at 3k RPM with traction control fully off otherwise the rear wheels will spin.

Reactions: mrbubba
Is there a way to do launch with a multitronic?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did full throttle yesterday and nothing, car won't go above around 1500rpm. Maybe not all with s-tronic have launch control?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Did full throttle yesterday and nothing, car won't go above around 1500rpm. Maybe not all with s-tronic have launch control?

Mine is 2010 and didn't have it until mrc remapped it

Reactions: mrbubba
Sorry for duplicated post; forgot @Bristle Hound had started this thread. Here are the results of my launch control run:

Acceleration

0-10 MPH: 0.80 sec

0-20 MPH: 1.48 sec

0-30 MPH: 2.10 sec

0-40 MPH: 2.98 sec

0-50 MPH: 3.86 sec

0-60 MPH: 5.00 sec

0-70 MPH: 6.29 sec

0-80 MPH: 7.64 sec

0-90 MPH: 9.19 sec

Elapsed Time

60': 2.43 sec @ 31.8 MPH

330': 5.94 sec @ 65.7 MPH

1/8 mi: 8.82 sec @ 85.8 MPH

1000': 11.31 sec @ 93.4 MPH

Miscellaneous
Max Speed: 96.0 MPH

Max Acceleration: 0.73 G's

dyno-run-230917-jpg.136914

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Buxton2901 and V6_Man
Well, I got stage 2 But it is part of the gearbox map.
Cool. I'm hoping someone in the UK will come out with a self flash tune, I had one of these on my 3 series and it was great. EPL have a device in the states, but can't find anything over here

Connected my OBD Fusion today after nearly two weeks when I had another attempt. This time, again without LC, ESP on and it was wet. Tyre pressure was 40/40 front and 42/42 at the back and I know that as the TPMS light came straight after the attempt. And again, I had two friends with me who wanted to ‘experience’ the launch. And it looks like I did better in wet than in dry

3.98 in wet with ESP active, high tyre pressure and two people it ain’t that bad

1e9d2916aaa47bca8c549634d6065730.png

Last edited:
@jdp1962 liking the Dynolicious app, looked on AppStore it couldn’t find hind nor hair of it.....? Is is USA region only, the dynolicious website appears very stateside-centric ?

I can't find it either. Maybe it isn't supported any more.

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro and V6_Man
I can't find it either. Maybe it isn't supported any more.

The website suggests they only have iOS version available however, the link seems to be broken. It might be that they are updating the app for the new iOS - just a thought.

@gary_a4_quattro and @Tashfeen, Dynolicious is defintely no more as far as iOS is concerned. I got a new phone today, and when I updated it from my back-up of the old one, it rejected Dynolicious. So I'm now looking for a new app. Any recommendations, folks? Preferably one that'll allow me to get to 60 in under 5 seconds? :)

Reactions: V6_Man
@gary_a4_quattro and @Tashfeen, Dynolicious is defintely no more as far as iOS is concerned. I got a new phone today, and when I updated it from my back-up of the old one, it rejected Dynolicious. So I'm now looking for a new app. Any recommendations, folks? Preferably one that'll allow me to get to 60 in under 5 seconds? :)

Hey @jdp1962 . I use OBD Fusion, which was recommended to me by XP and I found it be a very good app. It is £9.99 on AppStore and I have been using it with my Carista OBD Adapter, which ****** Amazon decided to sell for £9.99 to Prime Members down from £31.99, which is what I paid back in Aug :frowning: .

Also allows you to do some interesting data logging in case you are interested. There is some lag however it depends on the number of gauges for the data logging you are doing. After I deleted few custom dashboards it works fine. Below are the links to their website and app store

https://www.obdsoftware.net/software/obdfusion

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/obd-fusion/id650684932?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Reactions: jdp1962
@jdp1962 , we all know your car is capable of going faster, I believe it was the stupid app showing wrong results. You should be able to hit early 4s :D

After going to a drag event today and failing to launch on a few occasions I actually figured out that the engine has to be switched off between launches.

If you don't stop the engine between runs you can end up looking like a nugget when you line up alongside an amg c63s Mercedes and don't get off the line.