B8 Audi A4 3.2 Thread

Kamalpreet Suali

Reaction score
So I've recently purchased a beauty of a a4 3.2. I can see that there doesn't seem to be any dedicated thread to the 3.2! So thought I'd make one for any of us who do own this beast!

Any tips on tricks you have worked out or advice on potential mods and upgrades which you've tried out would be amazing.

Hopefully this thread finds some fellow 3.2 owners!

Some pics of my car As it is for the moment

60849fc9386118dc9dee131c07b76b6f.jpg

20ba871d4ca2ca6ca4083864aae03b18.jpg

4473c38825ac9ab5b9884b10bb2d7d88.jpg

f18d90ba337daf8fbf9913ed18075184.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdp1962 and scotty76
So I have debadged and now rearranged the Quattro badge. I think somehow it has made the car look like it has a wider stance !

Does anyone know if there are and "3.2 Quattro " badges available? If so where would be the best place to get them?

Nice looking car, @Kamalpreet Suali, welcome to the forum. I'm a big fan of petrol V6s so I definitely approve of your selection. Why worry about fuel consumption? It's such a small proportion of overall ownership and running costs, and a tiny price to pay for such a huge leap in mechanical refinement.

Reactions: Kamalpreet Suali
Wasn't there a 3.2 badge on the old A3 back in the day before they moved it all to 2.0 Turbos?

I've looked into mods for my 3.2 but decided to keep it stock. Not many for the 3.2 engine - exhaust and filter is about it!

On your drivers side fog grill, you have an extra cut out next to the light - what is that for ?

Nice looking car, @Kamalpreet Suali, welcome to the forum. I'm a big fan of petrol V6s so I definitely approve of your selection. Why worry about fuel consumption? It's such a small proportion of overall ownership and running costs, and a tiny price to pay for such a huge leap in mechanical refinement.
Hi jdp1962 thanks !

I'm not too troubled about the mpg at all the power and the way it delivers is enough for me to keep on filling for sure haha. I am really impressed with how refined it is tho. A year ago I thought it would be too much of a step up coming from a 320i but so glad I made the decision to change !

I've looked into mods for my 3.2 but decided to keep it stock. Not many for the 3.2 engine - exhaust and filter is about it!

On your drivers side fog grill, you have an extra cut out next to the light - what is that for ?
I'm leaning towards keeping the engine stock now too. I think you're right I couldn't find anything in UK :( I have heard of a remap safely bringing the bhp to 285 and 100 more tourque though ! Has anyone else heard/tried this?

Nice looking car
100nm extra from N/A?
Remap will gain between 275 to 285hp and approx 30nm depending on how much timing you can put in before correction starts.
Tescos 99 fuel works best i found

Thanks @bobbysingh I didn't believe it as there isn't even any turbos? Have you remapped yours?

It was the same for the older engine, ie the 2.8V6 APR etc, nothing in Europe, maybe a chip from elsewhere that gave very few extra "PS"! Though USA offered an Eaton charger mod! (a bit excessive) For its size, that engine is making more power than the 2.8V6 APR did (193PS), Audi do tend to produce NA engines with good output relative to the opposition.