B8 A4 Interior LED Upgrade How To (Pic Heavy!)

Hi T8ups
I have just sent you a pm regarding the supply of LED replacement bulbs for my 2013 A4 Avant BE. I specified a LED interior light pack but only half of it is LED!!😠

I am seeking LED bulb for the interior lights only, including vanity mirrors. Looking forward to your reply😉

Dave

Thanks to t8ups for the led interior kit, number plates led and fog lamps delivered next day.Great service and very well priced too.

Also thanks to Daggerit for the write up and step by step photo guild, it will make my job alot easier when i fit them.

I have just carried this out. Rear under seat lights are an absolute pain to get out, and drivers footwell was difficult due to the Audi lead being so short! Very happy with the new look, looking so much cleaner.

Top marks to Trups for the kit, and quickly sorting out the lights I broke!!!

Bulbs arrived today t8ups and have fitted the A4 ones ... looks very crisp will do the S3 ones tomorrow maybe :arco:

I found the boot light to be right pita, had to bend the metal tabs to slot the LED board in, then press hard for the pastic to go in, at one point the black wire came off the PCB board, had to strip the wire and solder it back on!! what a nightmare, but got it done in the end.

Can someone tell me the Torx screw size? I think I saw on youtube someone saying it was T25 but I am not sure

Could anyone tell me where can I order those strong footwell LED lights?

The OEM footwell LEDs are in a shape that I haven't seen on the stores

Hi,

Thanks for your guide. I am wanting to put LED's into the red reflectors on each door. What type of LED's do I need to buy for these? As websites don't normally list it for the red reflectors only got glove box, trunk, puddle, reading, dome and map lights.

Thanks,
K.

Hi,

Thanks for your guide. I am wanting to put LED's into the red reflectors on each door. What type of LED's do I need to buy for these? As websites don't normally list it for the red reflectors only got glove box, trunk, puddle, reading, dome and map lights.

Thanks,
K.
@t8ups is still the go-to person for this.

Reactions: t8ups
Hi,

Thanks,
K.
I can supply, they are £8 per pair plus postage for my LED panels

Yes that's a shame on the kits you can find online, they don't supply them but they make a huge difference to the kit.

Trups

I can supply, they are £8 per pair plus postage for my LED panels

Yes that's a shame on the kits you can find online, they don't supply them but they make a huge difference to the kit.

Trups

Thanks T8ups. I have PM you.

Got the full LED kit from t8ups, and have a problem fitting the rear interior leds. Removed the bulb cover not problem, but how do you get the little monkeys out? Trying to use a pair of thin nosed pliers but they keep slipping off

leave the unit off so the bulb is cold, get some tape and make yourself a loop then stick the tape to it nicely and then pull. :)

Reactions: jdp1962 and wild westie
Good morning
Do you still sell the "light pack £65" for the Audi A4?

Thanks Steve

@t8ups

Thanks Daggerit for the guide and T8ups for the LED's (non-lighting pack). The B8 Avant now looks far sleeker and up-to-date.
Lights were good quality and fitment guide was spot on.
Recommend this mod to anyone thinking about it.

Now plug in your Carista app and set the footwell lights to stay on when the engine is running. Makes the interior a cool,place when driving at night.

Still haven't downloaded Carista, will have to do that tomorrow! still got to do the rear footwell lights as well, had a go earlier but they didn't want to budge and it was getting dark so going to regroup and try again in the morning :)

Interior lighting now ✅ thanks for the guide

IMG 1463

IMG 1462

IMG 1459

Reactions: jdp1962
Hey all,

Just thought that I would do a quick write up of my internal LED conversion that was supplied by t8ups. I know there have been a few of these but I don't think that any have shown you how to change each type and from a customer perspective rather than the supplier explaining.

First off the delivery was amazing - paid yesterday afternoon and the LEDs were at my door first thing this morning. Very professional.

IMG_1565.jpg

Ok, on to the actual work...

I was very nervous about trying to remove the large frosted section of plastic as I didn't want to scratch anything so decided to start with the map lights. Here the lights are standard.

IMG_1542.jpg

From there I unscrewed the Torx screw in the suglasses holder

IMG_1549.jpg

and gave the unit a little tug for it to come away from theheadlining.

IMG_1551.jpg

From there I let it hang down and removed the first map light by turning the holder 90 degrees and pulling it out

IMG_1553.jpg

From there all you have to do is pull the old bulb out and pop in the new LED and refit. I found I had to angle it going in but no issue with clearance once you do that.

Here is the comparison:

IMG_1555.jpg

Next I pushed the main light festoon bulbs out and unclipped the frosted section from behind, there is one of these on each side and I thought that was much better than attacking it from the front to save scratches and such. I just popped a screwdriver behind it and it popped right off.

IMG_1557.jpg

From there it was easy to pop in the new LEDs

IMG_1559.jpg

The next stage was just a quick re-assembly and the first lights were done!

IMG_1551.jpg

Next I decided to attack the rear map lights which started looking like this

IMG_1545.jpg

Just a gentle pry off from one end with the screwdriver and the housing popped off no problem

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

The next part is easy, just pull out the old bulbs and fire in the new LEDs!

IMG_1578.jpg

Next was the glove box, and all it takes is to pop the screwdriver under the end and it comes out. From there just pull (quite solidly!) on the connector and it will come off to release the bulb housing assembly so you can play with it and get the bulb out. The little white plastic housing comes off with a small clip on each side which I just put a screwdriver under to gently get off.

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

Lastly I popped in the new LED

IMG_1571.jpg

and you can see how amazing the difference is straight away!

IMG_1572.jpg

The footwell lights, boot, puddle lights and the active reflectors are done in the same way as the glove box. Admittedly the rear fotwell lights were a bit of a pain in the butt, that said I managed to get them changed within 5 minutes each. :) A quick shot of the active reflectors since it's still a bit bright for puddle light demos. The front is the LED (if you couldn't tell).

IMG_1584.jpg

Here you can see the difference before and after with the footwell lights!

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

The very last ones I did were the vanity mirrors.

These were similar to the ones above in that all you have to do is pry them up at one side, remove the internal cover and put in the new LED festoons.

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

The whole operation took about 30-45 minutes and was much, much easier than I thought it would be! I'm very impressed with the way the LEDs look and the quality of the work on them, especially the footwell lights.

I'll try to get some pictures once it gets dark too. :)

Thanks t8ups for the LEDs and answering all my random questions!
Hey there I also replaced the normal bulbs for LED's but I'm have a problem with all the map lights a few burnt and broke in two and the others flicker I think there like 1.2wat each is the wattage too low or something thanks in advance

Hey there I also replaced the normal bulbs for LED's but I'm having problems with all the map lights a few burnt and broke in two and the others flicker I think there are like 1.2 wat each is the wattage too low or something I could really use your help thanks in advance

i can supply you just them 4 bulbs?

its £6 for the map lights
£7 for the dome lights
£2 posted to uk or NI.

Thanks
Hey there I was wondering if you could tell me the wattage for the map LED's as I'm having problems with mine two burnt and fell in two and the rest flicker I paid £25 from aurora bulbs UK thanks

Hey there I was wondering if you could tell me the wattage for the map LED's as I'm having problems with mine two burnt and fell in two and the rest flicker I paid £25 from aurora bulbs UK thanks

Send t8ups a direct message and he'll sort you out with some good quality ones. I never had any issues with mine the whole time they were installed, right up until I sold the car.

If they have an issue I'd imagine he'd be more than happy to work through things with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sureet bains
Send t8ups a direct message and he'll sort you out with some good quality ones. I never had any issues with mine the whole time they were installed, right up until I sold the car.

If they have an issue I'd imagine he'd be more than happy to work through things with you!

Hey there thanks for the reply
yes there's definitely something wrong same thing happened to the replacements they sent me

How do I send a direct message to t8ups mate

Hey there thanks for the reply
yes there's definitely something wrong same thing happened to the replacements they sent me

How do I send a direct message to t8ups mate

Just click on his name and there will be an option to send him a message. Sometimes his inbox is full but just keep at it if so.

Failing that you can go to emtuning.co.uk and fill out the form there as that's his shop.

Interior lighting now ✅ thanks for the guide
EM Tuning supplied my lights (see pics above) These LEDs give a day light, white light affect which really picks up the silver & chrome of the interior.
Great improvement!