B8 A4 Interior LED Upgrade How To (Pic Heavy!)

Daggerit

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thought that I would do a quick write up of my internal LED conversion that was supplied by t8ups. I know there have been a few of these but I don't think that any have shown you how to change each type and from a customer perspective rather than the supplier explaining.

First off the delivery was amazing - paid yesterday afternoon and the LEDs were at my door first thing this morning. Very professional.

IMG_1565.jpg

Ok, on to the actual work...

I was very nervous about trying to remove the large frosted section of plastic as I didn't want to scratch anything so decided to start with the map lights. Here the lights are standard.

IMG_1542.jpg

From there I unscrewed the Torx screw in the suglasses holder

IMG_1549.jpg

and gave the unit a little tug for it to come away from theheadlining.

IMG_1551.jpg

From there I let it hang down and removed the first map light by turning the holder 90 degrees and pulling it out

IMG_1553.jpg

From there all you have to do is pull the old bulb out and pop in the new LED and refit. I found I had to angle it going in but no issue with clearance once you do that.

Here is the comparison:

IMG_1555.jpg

Next I pushed the main light festoon bulbs out and unclipped the frosted section from behind, there is one of these on each side and I thought that was much better than attacking it from the front to save scratches and such. I just popped a screwdriver behind it and it popped right off.

IMG_1557.jpg

From there it was easy to pop in the new LEDs

IMG_1559.jpg

The next stage was just a quick re-assembly and the first lights were done!

IMG_1551.jpg

Next I decided to attack the rear map lights which started looking like this

IMG_1545.jpg

Just a gentle pry off from one end with the screwdriver and the housing popped off no problem

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

The next part is easy, just pull out the old bulbs and fire in the new LEDs!

IMG_1578.jpg

Next was the glove box, and all it takes is to pop the screwdriver under the end and it comes out. From there just pull (quite solidly!) on the connector and it will come off to release the bulb housing assembly so you can play with it and get the bulb out. The little white plastic housing comes off with a small clip on each side which I just put a screwdriver under to gently get off.

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

Lastly I popped in the new LED

IMG_1571.jpg

and you can see how amazing the difference is straight away!

IMG_1572.jpg

The footwell lights, boot, puddle lights and the active reflectors are done in the same way as the glove box. Admittedly the rear fotwell lights were a bit of a pain in the butt, that said I managed to get them changed within 5 minutes each. :) A quick shot of the active reflectors since it's still a bit bright for puddle light demos. The front is the LED (if you couldn't tell).

IMG_1584.jpg

Here you can see the difference before and after with the footwell lights!

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

The very last ones I did were the vanity mirrors.

These were similar to the ones above in that all you have to do is pry them up at one side, remove the internal cover and put in the new LED festoons.

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

The whole operation took about 30-45 minutes and was much, much easier than I thought it would be! I'm very impressed with the way the LEDs look and the quality of the work on them, especially the footwell lights.

I'll try to get some pictures once it gets dark too. :)

Thanks t8ups for the LEDs and answering all my random questions!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, X_Splinter, DeeGee68 and 2 others
Here you go guys. Unfortunately it doesn't really do justice to just how bright they really are! It's amazing the difference. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348605496190259

Daggerit Thanks for the write up thats quailty,i have been looking at doing this for ages and asked Tups for a price on the lamps only yesterday,i will print this out and fit at the weekend.

No worries, I'm glad it could be of use.

I found the rear footwells were a PITA to get out and was quite aggressive so it might be nice to start there so you know everthing after them is easier. ;) One this I will say is to always check they work before fully refitting them in case you have the LED the wrong way round or anything. :)

If there are any questions or anything feel free to PM me.

I dont have interior lighting pack so no puddle lights or glove box ligh t28K car and its an optional extra:banghead:, even the wifes new Fiesta came with footwell and glovebox light cheers Audi:applaus:

I dont have interior lighting pack so no puddle lights or glove box ligh t28K car and its an optional extra:banghead:, even the wifes new Fiesta came with footwell and glovebox light cheers Audi:applaus:

What about vanity lights?

I completely agree, I can't believe I had to choose it as an option! That said, I'm really glad I did now...

What about vanity lights?
After seeing your write i was like hmm what about the vanity lights,and i cant say ive ever looked!!I will have a look when i go home tonight.
Have you changed your number plate lights to LED or does the face lift model come fitted with them now?I had a right chew getting the holders out but once i had mastered it was a piece of cake to do, changed them not long after i bought the car.

Yeah, I think that you only get them with the light pack which is a load of balls to be honest!

Amazingly enough, the facelift models get LED numberplate bulbs as standard! Nice that they've finally caught up with every other 'premium' car brand!

Dan,

Thanks for the kind words on the service, i will always help as much as i can.

Great write up, i will send this link around if other members need help fitting.

Thanks

Reactions: K.A
Dan,

Thanks for the kind words on the service, i will always help as much as i can.

Great write up, i will send this link around if other members need help fitting.

Thanks

My pleasure, easy to give credit where it's due! :)

How much does this cost? With out the lighting pack?

I think you'd be best just dropping t8ups a PM and he should be able to sort you out! :)

I think from the way his post sounded he just wanted to replace the lights he already had rather then retrofit new ones for the light pack... I could be wrong though!

I like you're choice of car as well Hesl! ;)

I ordered these yesterday and got them today and had them all fitted in 10 mins very pleased and a super fast service

Thanks again turps

Here are the prices:

Non Light pack - £28 posted
front dome lights
front map lights
rear dome lights
boot light

Light pack - £65 posted
front dome lights
front map lights
rear dome lights
boot light
glove box light
4 x footwell lights
4 x puddle lights
4x red door warning lights

The price with postage is to the uk or NI. if you require post anywhere else then please contact me before hand.

There are a few number plate options too, you can go for a canbus LED bulb for an extra £5 or get the OEM leds with adaptor looms for £45.

Any questions then please ask.

Trups

Reactions: CraigHeaton1989
That's cracking dan I did mine 6 weeks ago before I left its amazin the difference it makes in the cabin. Have you fitted the coils yet

Thanks for an excellenct post Daggerit! Might be ordering from t8ups soon once I have a look and see what lights I have got fitted.

Not the best pictures, but have to say big improve on the standard lights in the cabin - Thanks to t8ups for the LED's, paid Friday - lights were with me on Saturday, top service. Cheers also to daggerit for the step by step guide, most helpful matey.

No light pack so didn't take long - boot led was the most awkward. Didnt help I did it when it was just turning dark, although the end result looked more impressive. Just need the fog lights changing now - hopefully t8ups will sort me out :thumbsup:

image.jpg

G]
image-1.jpg
[/IMG]

That's cracking dan I did mine 6 weeks ago before I left its amazin the difference it makes in the cabin. Have you fitted the coils yet

Yeah, just makes the whole thing look a lot crisper and modern I think!

Coilies are here and should be fitted on Friday/Saturday for firing down on Sunday. You heading down?

Another wee mod for me to do in the future along with fog lights and number plate lights. I need to stop thinking of things to do to the A4 and concentrate more on my mk1 project lol

I'll revert back to here once I get round to getting them.

Look forward to seeing your car on the coilovers on Sunday daggerit, you can show me your lights too lol

Just Fitted Interior, Boot & Number Plate LED's. Also New white fog lights. All bulbs purchased from Trups. Excellent service! thanks mate :)

Guys

These are the OEM plate lamps that are now fitted to the facelift B8, if you have a pre facelift i can supply all for £45 posted to the uk or NI.

you get the 2 OEM lamps with the adaptor loom made using OEM connectors. will work Error free.

470c61d4.jpg

Finally got round to fitting mine. Fiddly little job bending the puddle and door conectors back to get the LED strip in, and those rear footwell lights are right bar stewards. Also two short, PM sent.

Finally got round to fitting mine. Fiddly little job bending the puddle and door conectors back to get the LED strip in, and those rear footwell lights are right bar stewards. Also two short, PM sent.

Yeah I found that the first couple puddle lights I did took me a while but was then able to crack the out in about 30 seconds after that. The unit is much more robust than I gave it credit for to begin with and then I knew what I was looking for. :)

The rear footwell lights are a rear pain, I just ended up forcing them out which actually ended up leaving the black cover behind in the seat and pulling it out after! Haha. There was only enough cable to just connect them and they were overall extremely fiddly and difficult... I'll say as well that this is not becaue of t8ups kit, just that the design from Audi doesn't give any leeway!

Interior lights up so much better with the LED's. Imagine the scene in Close Encounters where the UFO lights up the whole pick-up truck! :)